[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Linux do I use if I don't want to tinker with anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: plato.jpg (14KB, 200x277px) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
14KB, 200x277px
What Linux do I use if I don't want to tinker with anything and want everything to work out of the box?
>>
install gentoo
>>
Mac OS X
>>
>Ubuntu
but unity is dead

now what?
>>
>>61877860
Debian
>>
>>61877860
Ubuntu if you're a faggot.
Antergos Arch if you're not.
(but you're a faggot either way if you're using systemd)
>>
>>61877860
Korora MATE
>>
fedora
ubuntu
or any deviants that are official
>>
>>61877872
Anon im going to blow your fucking mind.
>wait for it

Ubuntu GNOME
>>
For now, Linux 4.12.7
>>
>>61878086
Last time i used gnome the overall performance and interface was really laggy and chopppy even with propritary nvidia drivers, doesnt happen on xfce,kde,unity etc

felt like 5fps or some shit

This was about 2 weeks ago

Is it fixed in ubuntu gnome?
>>
macOS
>>
If you don't want to tinker with anything, don't install linux.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I genuinely think there's no distro that's truly suitable for what you want. A few might get close, I guess.
>>
Windows 10
>>
>>61877860
Buy a tablet. A pc is not for you.
>>
>>61877860
Ubuntu gnome
>>
Linux Mint, there's also a version based on Debian if you're interested.
>>
Bunsenlabs. My first distro.
>>
There is no OS that truly works "out of the box".
>>
>>61877860
argentos+kde because:
-> easy install
-> kde is great as default
-> pacman and aur
>>
>>61878322
I know that from openSUSE. I have no idea why, it only happens on my NVIDIA gpu.

@OP:
Debian, *BUNTU, Fedora, openSUSE. They all usually work out of the box. You should be more interested in update cycles and the desktop environment.
>>
>>61877860
Ubuntu 17.04
Trust me, getting used to the retarded task bar being on the left is far more annoying than arbitrary error messages
>>
>>61877860
Mint.
>>
>>61879700
Unless you don't care about retarded autistic shit.
>>
>>61879700
Windows works out of the box. The level of abstraction from the kernel is great. You can't break anything without administrator privileges.
>>
>>61879895
this 1000 times

mint cinnamon ... literally my grandma and her friends use it ...
>>
>>61879895
Agreed. It's pretty much as easy to use as Ubuntu without 90% of its shit.
>>
>>61879917
That's more or less true also in every Unix-like system.
>>
>>61878118
hahaha ur so clever
>>
>>61878118
Autistic sperg spotted.
>>
>>61879917
You can brick whole windows without admin rights, you should try thinking before typing
>>
>>61880010
>implying /g/ thinks before typing
>>
>>61877860
You don't want to tinker with anything.
Now or ever?
If ever, Debian.
>>
>>61879700
Fedora worked out of box for me.
Installed it, everything just werked.
>>
>>61880153
>ever
>recommends a distro where you have to tinker to even get 90% of network cards working
>>
>>61880172
You either tinker on startup or you tinker sometime in the future.
>>
>>61880171
But what if you're not an atheist?
>>
>>61880192
That literally contradicts "not ever having to tinker".
Is /g/ this retarded?
>>
>>61877860
Depends on what you want to do, and what you qualify as tinkering, but I guess Mint?
>>
Mint probably ..

Also why is /g/ always so fucking retarded? Stop fucking shitposting in these threads , go shitpost in AYMD vs JEWINTEL
>>
>>61877860
Your request is such faggotery. What do you mean by 'everything'? If you install gentoo or arch 'everything' will just work out the box: I mean what you have installed.
If by 'everything should work out the box' you mean 'I'm a computer Illiterate and I want to click the least buttons possible and have a pdf reader installed with Steam for muh game', well go for Ubuntu MATE or GNOME. If you have been using Windows all this time it should no issue. Instead if you're mentally blocked on shit like 'muh taskbar not blue no windows button it is ugly' then just stay on your botnet and stop bothering /g/ with your shit. If you want an answer to this question dl a fucking Google search, a bunch of computer faggots would love to help you out with their "TOP TEN LINUX DISTRO EASY TO USE 2017". Please don't spam /g/ everyday with your computer support issue. There are threads for this sometime.
>>
>>61880057
he didn't imply that at all
>>
>>61880248
>why is /g/ retarded
>Mint
wew lad
>>
>>61880226
>Is /g/ this retarded?

First time here obviously
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.