[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/, some of you are gods on this topic, but I just found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Optimized-DSC_0007.jpg (1015KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-DSC_0007.jpg
1015KB, 1620x1080px
Alright /g/, some of you are gods on this topic, but I just found a soldering iron and im wondering what could i do with this thing? I'm wondering if i can make a holder for this thing or if i dont have to use the specific tips for it. any ideas?
>>
>>61875655
Put it up your butt
>>
>>61875920
this, but jump on a bathtub
>>
>>61875655
Take a pic of the tip that is in it.
>>
File: Optimized-DSC_0013.jpg (931KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-DSC_0013.jpg
931KB, 1620x1080px
>>61876095
>>
>>61876104
Seems to be in pretty good condition.
You can use it to solder shit together, go on youtube and watch channels like GreatScott for some project ideas, or just use it to brand your sex slaves.
>>
You can solder with it. I think.
>>
Smoke with it
>>
dude what
>>
>>61876104
Take a picture in better lighting and don't shake the fucking camera this time.

>>61875655
>That is a 25 watt iron. It's good for most everyday uses. Occasionally you'll see 15 watt irons used for really small devices (eg. SMD soldering) and higher watt irons used either for soldering to larger metal pieces or even for doing other sorts of arts and crafts (leather burning, stained glass mosaics, etc..)
>You don't have to use a holder but there's no harm in getting one.
>Tips depend on the sort of work you're doing, for that 25 watt iron that's probably the tip you'll want to use 95% of the time.
>Learn to care for your tip. Tin it after every use, learn to identify oxide, buy some wet sponges (dirt cheap).
>Learn to solder, learn about cold solder joints and how to avoid them, learn how to use flux, and tinning your connections.
>Learn about different types of solder (different chemical compositions have different melting points and softness as well as toxicity).
>Solder in a well ventilated room whenever possible (those fumes aren't super bad for you but they can be if you expose yourself to them a lot).

A lot of the things you can buy for it (solder, sponges, flux, etc...) are all pretty cheap. An iron of that calibre is also fairly cheap (doesn't mean it's bad but also doesn't mean you should cry too much if you ruin it). Your major concern should mostly be finding something to do with it. If you don't have any projects (even cables/connections to fix) that you can think of then it's pretty much useless for you.

Protip: If you've got some money and creativity you can do some cool LED light stuff.
>>
>found
You have to give it back.
>>
File: 1502562503401.jpg (111KB, 692x694px) Image search: [Google]
1502562503401.jpg
111KB, 692x694px
>>
File: solder_batt.jpg (230KB, 1018x795px) Image search: [Google]
solder_batt.jpg
230KB, 1018x795px
>>61875655
Build multirotors.
>>
>>61877434
>not holding it lower so you can get a more accurate drawing

sad
>>
>>61875920
fpbp
>>
>>61877434
Doesn't this need to be a higher wattage than what OP has?
>>
>>61875655
25W @_@
What do you want to solder? 0,5~1mm wires?

60~75W soldering irons are beginning of usable ones
>>
>>61875655
You need to hold it by the metal for great accuracy
Like they do in stock photos
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.