[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >autistic friend texts me asking if I know about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: linxumeetup.png (17KB, 570x154px) Image search: [Google]
linxumeetup.png
17KB, 570x154px
>be me
>autistic friend texts me asking if I know about linux
>invites me to a "linux meetup" in a few days at the mall
>think about it
>get linked to event page a day or so later
>can detect of high level of autism based on the replies, don't feel confident enough in my linux knowledge to go
>tell him I'll think about it
>he says he's not 100% sure he's going to go anyway because he's got an interview
>meetup night comes
>decide to spend it with this chick I'm into instead
>friend texts me saying I wasn't there
>tell him I couldn't make it
>ask how it went
>he says it was just him, the person who scheduled the event and another dude
>dodgedabullet.jpg but feel like an asshole

Got any linux or /g/-related meetup stories, /g/?
>>
>>61859610
>meetup
>>>reddit
>>
>>61859649
>being so much a newfag, you don't remember that various boards have had meetups before anyone even knew about reddit
>>
File: 1498077782489.jpg (40KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1498077782489.jpg
40KB, 580x326px
>>61859610
>decide to spend it with this chick I'm into instead
3DPD
>>
File: linux.1991.png (211KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
linux.1991.png
211KB, 1024x576px
I've wanted to go to penguicon or linuxfest or something similar.

My appearance is that of a chad though, so I feel like I'd be judged as having low intellect or possibly a poser.

The only techie friends I have use windows.

>tfw ill never have a linux lan party with us ricing our desktops and sharing gpg keys

It's a lonely life.
>>
>>61859781
>implying I can't have a waifu in each dimension
>>61859788
>feel like I'd be judged as having low intellect or possibly a poser
Basically how I felt.
College is honestly the best time/place for those sort of lan parties. I miss that shit, I wish I'd gone to more of them while I had the chance.
>>
File: 1446825900299.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446825900299.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>61859649
where you belong
>>
Linux is just the tool I use to work and I don't have feeling toward it. I would spent the entire weekend alone playing Star Break completely drunk instead of such meaningless meetup.
>>
The internet has made face to face human contact redundant. Stop lving in the past.
>>
>>61859822
Agreed.

I focused too much on what my normie friends were interested and didn't branch out into the fields I'm interested in now for fear of being labelled a "autist".
>>
you mean GNU/Linux OP
>>
>>61859914
Shit. I should have said that to my friend when he first suggested the meet-up. Would have been good bantz.

>>61859861
t. robot

>>61859888
I just didn't spend enough time with other people outside of my two best friends (who I guess were normie-ish, at least for the school we were at).
>>
>>61859861
This is actually true. A Linux meetup would mostly just be for fun, actual development stuff could be done virtually.

I've wanted to go to a LUG for a while but the nearest one is pretty far from me.
>>
>>61859888
I'm beginning to think the same way. I'm getting tired of clubbing, drinking, and general normie stuff.
Tbh, I'd rather just chill with a bunch of dudes playing vidya and shit. Where the hell do you autists hangout at school so I can join you?
>>
>>61859861

I agree, not only redundant but also objectively worse in just about every way.

1. cant block/ignore people and watch some youtube while you wait for non retarded people to come
2. danger of getting doxed because you literally give them how you look
3. you have to physically move there and do stuff

the list goes on and on, there is a reason why amazon is objectively superior to any physical store and the same applies to physically meeting ppl in general
>>
>>61862881
>meetup date com
>Search "games"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.