[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point in learning web dev if literally anyone can make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: godaddy.png (2KB, 348x92px) Image search: [Google]
godaddy.png
2KB, 348x92px
Whats the point in learning web dev if literally anyone can make their own website with godaddy, squarespace, wix etc.

I was sitting in my summer calculus class and the girl sitting next to me was making some website on her macbook air. I asked her what she was doing and she said she made this website for some charity she started, she was using godaddy. The website looked really good, like it was professionally done. She said she did it herself in a few days, she said she has no experience doing anything tech related and didn't even know what CSS was when I asked her about the spacing of her icons.
>>
Fuck off shill
>>
>>61827129
I hate that shit. view source: click on the css files, observe the horror.
>>
>>61827129
Because those can't make websites worth a shit unless you just want to display static text.

I work on an e commerce site built on a platform called Magento and there's a non-stop flood of improvements and bugfixes to keep the damn thing moving forward. Keep it modern, keep it functional on whatever platform people access it through. It never ends, and a preroll site maker like what you're describing can't handle it either.
>>
Used to work for GoDaddy. I support that company 100%, they were an amazing employer and I think they did things the right way.

But to think you can make a credible website for anything more than your basket weaving club with those website builders is misguided.
>>
>>61827308
I worked with Magento years ago and wanted to kill myself. I hope its gotten a bit easier to work with.
>>
>>61827308
Solidus is killing you
>>
>>61827290
Lmao, retard.
>>
>>61827384
It has not. Although we have basically free reign to hack it up however we want because we're switching to Shopify or some shit in the next year. Hopefully I won't be here for that.
>>
>>61827493
Yeah the company I worked for decided to just switch to Big Commerce at some point.

I don't really even understand who Magento is targeted for anymore. It's a waste of time and money for small businesses who likely can just use an out of the box solution like Shopify/BC. And any big business will just build their own custom cart instead of dealing with the Magento framework.

Everyone I know who has worked in Magento has had to customize stuff so much that it's barely Magento in the end.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.