[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the labor market requirement in your country about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How is the labor market requirement in your country about the office?

I'm a engineerfag and all the companies always requires "advanced office package" (word, excel...).
They don't put nothing about libreoffice.

So if it was up to you, what would you choose?

A - Personal (distro + libreoffice)

B - Professional (windows + office)

And, Is there any way to install office on linux distro?
>>
>>61817171
My office uses Microsoft office suite. The engineers don't use any of it afaik.

I think corporate US uses office products because that's what the business users learn in school and it's pretty ubiquitous.

I've heard the macro and advance functions that office has isn't supported or ported to the libre office stuff. But I really have no idea. I haven't used Microsoft office since high school.
>>
>>61817171
Microsoft. There's just too much shit in office that libreoffice can't copy over.
>>
No serious business uses Libre, they use Office because of it's Windows integration and network collaboration capabilities. Also opensource software tends to be unpopular in corporate environments because there's nobody to hold liable when shit goes wrong, and security liabilities are a big deal.
>>
>>61817171
A
Yes

Colleges here use linux (Xubuntu with a dock at the bottom) and libre office in libraries.
Most companies use MS Office, but some use open office or libre office. Either way they ALWAYS have a tech expert instead of using Microsoft's support. So I have no idea why they pay for MSO license when they can get the same software for free.
>>
The hospital I work at converted to Libreoffice when XP went EOL and all computers got centos.

I expected a loat of moaning but literally noone fucking noticed.
>>
>>61818461
because virtually everyone only uses basic functionality and libre's basic functions are fine. got me through uni and the only time it cause me trouble was when formatting a graph. can't remember the details of the problem but I remember nightly frustration.
>>
>>61818461
People only interact with software, not desktop environments or whatever. And all office software essentially behaves the same. People who complain about "linux being more difficult to use" are literally saying they'd be too dumb to use KolourPaint instead of Paint.exe, which I find hard to believe unless they're over 50 years old and senile.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.