[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has technology made people incredibly stupid? I have a Phys PhD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Has technology made people incredibly stupid? I have a Phys PhD friend that rants and antagonizes people on social media, on a daily basis as his 1a. hobby.

>tl;dr the internet has made argumentative/opinionated people borderline useless
>>
Dumb people always existed. The new Internet only gives them a chance to be louder.
>>
>>61796954
The lack of fact checking and retrospective analysis has made people faggots that they are today. Technology has just made it easier by giving brainlets numerous platforms to vie.
>>
>>61797127
>>61797198
This anon. Stupid people always existed, I mean come on, some decades ago people actually believed that cocaine and smoking were healthy. It is just like what the other two anons have said. Internet made them loud, nothing else.
>>
>>61796954
A degree doesn't make a person smart. Mathematical intelligence doesn't imply emotional intelligence.
>>
>>61796954
> I have a Phys PhD friend that rants and antagonizes people on social media, on a daily basis
I don't see your point.

Unless you're bringing the really retarded amerifat christfag argument where you need to be polite and PC to be intelligent.
>>
>>61797370
Cocaine isn't particularly unhealthy
>>
>>61796954
sounds like he's just a really shitty person anon
>>
>I have a Phys PhD friend that rants and antagonizes people on social media, on a daily basis as his 1a. hobby.
Because he's (1) massively autistic, (2) unable to find a job, and (3) unable to make friends. People who post about politics and culture wars are genuinely the most wretched dregs of society.
>>
>>61797453

People, even intelligent people, are wasting energy engaging with retards. Retards that will exist in all cases, across all boundaries. This makes them equally retarded after failing to realize this futility.

People are cowards over the web. It's harder to demonize others in a public forum. People aren't as rash. Imagine social media argumentation being transplanted to an open public space. It'd be absolute chaos.

Modern debate has lost all but a small bit of its structure and efficacy. Is this shit not a public issue when so many of us engage with it on a daily basis?
>>
>>61796954
It's not new. Most old and middle aged people say and think retarded shit and believe everything TV tell them too.

But now internet has replaced TV and stupid people can spout their uninformed opinions to everybody in the world instead of just their small group of friends in a bar.
>>
>>61797453

Would you consider finding it cringeworthy posting screenshots of arguments on reddit/facebook for others to comment on to give yourself some confirmation bias merely in the confines of being a christfag?
>>
>>61797557

>inb4 >reddit spacing
>>
>>61797557
It's inefficient. But once nobody contradicts idiots, the lies will be truth to society. So actually you still want to do it.

>>61797597
Well, okay. I'd conduct the arguments myself, unless the other quotes / articles referenced are somehow extremely good.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.