[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does AMD also have this cool remote maintenance service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 12.png (48KB, 677x492px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
48KB, 677x492px
does AMD also have this cool remote maintenance service like INTEL has?
>>
>>61785003
No, but at least AMD isn't run by a bunch of jews.
>>
>>61785003
I hope not
>>
AMD has IPMI and has had it for decades.
>>
>>61785003
>Active Management
More like Active Surveillance lmao
>>
>The backdoor is actually a feature :^)
>>
thank dog my laptop is AMD
>>
>>61785012
>>>/pol/
is that way
>>
>>61786039
>>>/lgbt
Or better yet, leave the site.
>>
>>61785003
>Does AMD have botnet?
>>
File: 1495840575689.png (450KB, 484x528px) Image search: [Google]
1495840575689.png
450KB, 484x528px
>>61786064
make me
>>
>>61786088
>>61785100
>AMD gives you a dedicated AMD Secure Processor1 built into select AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). ARM® TrustZone®, a system-wide approach to security, runs on top of the hardware creating a secure environment by partitioning the CPU into two virtual “worlds.” Sensitive tasks are run on the AMD Secure Processor – in the “secure world” – while other tasks are run in “standard operation.” This helps ensure the secure storage and processing of sensitive data and trusted applications. It also helps protect the integrity and confidentiality of key resources, such as the user interface and service provider assets.
>>
>>61786193
(((secure world)))
>>
>>61786193
>Thanks for the inquiry. Currently we do not have plans to release source code but you make a good argument for reasons to do so. We will evaluate and find a way to work with security vendors and the community to everyone's benefit.

It's likely an issue of patents and licenses in their CPU's that prevents them from removing this crap.

OR they aren't allowed to remove it by the US government and have a gag order.
>>
>>61786193
PSP is not IPMI.
One is a remote management protocol while the other is a hardware security measure.
>>
>>61786263
My bet is on the burger government.
>>
>>61786039
>someone states a fact
>hurr durr /pol/
why don't you just fuck off back to plebbit and stop shitting the board with your generals and all the faggotry
>>
File: bmchack1.jpg (37KB, 620x449px) Image search: [Google]
bmchack1.jpg
37KB, 620x449px
>>61785100
>>61786529
then what is this?
>>
You know that nat would block that port, right? Also, ipmi is a life saver.
>>
>>61786488
>be burger government
>have source code to all hard drive firmwares
assume it is all fuxored by order of the secret court or cuz patriotism
>>
>>61788974
>You know that nat would block that port, right? Also, ipmi is a life saver.
It's also an extremely loose standard that vendors abuse and plague with security holes. Fuck IPMI
>>
>>61785003
Thx for making me cry
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.