[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a point to owning a UMPC? /g/ shilling is making me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1485686922848.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485686922848.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a point to owning a UMPC? /g/ shilling is making me want something of this factor just for out and about word processing when I don't want to carry a full laptop.

While whipping this thing out would be autistic, it is no worse than a keyboard and smartphone combo.

GPD pockets are too expensive.
>>
>>61776130
I still think the Libretto's sexy af
How has no one replaced its guts with a raspberry yet
>>
Can it run Doom and/or Quake?
>>
>>61776130
/retro/ threads have brainwashed me too, and I want a libretto. I tell myself it's to play diablo and age of empires and ??? but I just don't know if I would even use it, and just go on the internet on my phone
>>
fucking hell mate when and where would this even be useful?
>>
>>61778205
Cafe or airport if I want to write things. Im basically inventing a use case to justify a purchase but there are some rare situations where it would be more convenient for me than a laptop.
>>
>>61778224
Don't you have a smart phone?
>>
>>61778591
Yeah but as mentioned a phone and keyboard is arguably less convenient.
>>
>>61776130
I want one too but no, there is no point. I had a libretto before but after you install shit on it it never gets used.
>>
>>61778823
It's not. A phone with touchtype is more convenient than a UMPC.
>>
>>61776130
*masturbates furiously*
>>
>>61776450
yes but only in 720p in 30 fps
>>
>>61776130
Just get a small laptop like the x201.
>>
>>61779960
>p
as opposed to interlaced?
>>
>>61776130
I have this exact Libretto model with an AZERTY keyboard, but the screen is fucked (loads of dead rows/columns) and the trackpoint doesn't work. Only good for the trash now I think
>>
do any of you even leave the house
>>
>>61778843
>ten fingers and physical keyboard less efficient
>two thumbs and touch screen more efficient

I don't know what planet you're from but they will never reach the space age
>>
>>61776130
It'll turn heads...in a bad way. My x220 gets scoffs and snide comments like "Whoa, that's old," and it's a perfectly functional computer with modern operating system, wireless internet, 12gb ram, etc. If you carry around something that looks like a netbook, you better be the type that nonchalantly eats his foot-callus in public (in other words, you need thick skin).
>>
>>61780032
leave that kid alone
>>
>>61780001
just fucking swap the keys to qwerty and plug the fucker in a docking station and connect to vga monitor. Simple as fuck and way better than throwing this cunt in the bin. Also, you can still get replacement TFT screens for this fucker on egay
>>
File: pocket.jpg (48KB, 620x461px) Image search: [Google]
pocket.jpg
48KB, 620x461px
>>61776361
>How has no one replaced its guts with a raspberry yet

DELET THIS

>>61780056
>in other words, you need thick skin

To not get upset by someone commenting on the age of the hardware you carry is considered having thick skin these days?

>>61776130
>GPD pockets are too expensive.

And the design and supposedly the build quality are lacking.
>>
>>61780306
It was a pun.
>>
Just the other day I saw some fag holding open a 15 inch laptop while waiting for the train at the 42nd street station. Which one of you fags was it?
>>
>>61780032
If you have a place to put your laptop down, then you have space for one that's normal sized.
If you don't, then you are not using ten fingers.
>>
File: foldable_tablet.jpg (75KB, 601x675px) Image search: [Google]
foldable_tablet.jpg
75KB, 601x675px
Thoughts on this travesty?
>>
>>61780477
I can see the many drawbacks of this device. What's the benefit of making it foldable?
>>
>>61776450
It can run Starcraft BroodWar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82k_R5UsT00
>>
File: w100.jpg (134KB, 899x846px) Image search: [Google]
w100.jpg
134KB, 899x846px
>>61780667
>What's the benefit of making it foldable?

Might fit in a large pocket. That's about it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.