[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I made this thread last night, but wanted to get more input

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1502010897842.png (35KB, 1200x636px) Image search: [Google]
1502010897842.png
35KB, 1200x636px
So I made this thread last night, but wanted to get more input if possible. I got contacted about a Desktop Support and Helpdesk/Workstation Engineer position through some 3rd party recruiter. I meet all the requirements listed in the information I was emailed, but when I spoke to him over the phone they mentioned wanting a CCNA or some level of Cisco general experience, which I fucked up and said I didn't have instead of lying like I probably should've. Now my question is, what should I study or look into to try and close whatever potential knowledge gap I'm looking at, as I really need this job.

I've been recommended some CCNA instructionals which I'm in the process of downloading, but I'm not really sure what exactly I might run into in a position like this. Any advice on particular things to research would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 1501529322374.gif (512KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1501529322374.gif
512KB, 160x160px
>>61771764
Cisco Networking Fundamentals would be a good place to start anon, through Cisco Academy
>>
>>61771764
As we all told you last night, if they shouldnt let you anywhere near networking equipment unless they dont have enough switches in their networking closets, and even then it is to just run a cable from a patch panel to a switch. I would be amazed if they even let you change the VLANs of access ports.

Unless you're desperate dont try to work for this company, theyre just going to fuck you.
>>
>>61771832
It's only a 6 month contract anyways, I can handle being fucked for that long, since it'll at least help me pad my resume and maybe give me the means to find a better job in an area that has better opportunities. You're still probably right and I might end up regretting it but I don't have many choices at the moment.
>>
>>61771873
>contract anyways
God these places really are jews. Its a 6 month contract so they can get rid of you at the end of it, replace you with someone else, and not have to pay unemployment insurance. If they do end up hiring you its pretty obvious this place is jewy as fuck. How much was the contract rate and in what region was it?

>help me pad my resume
Just fucking lie. Do you have any friends who can take calls for phone references for you? Even if they're not IT people they can larp that they were your clueless manager. For fucks sakes pay me $100 and i'll talk calls and give you references saying you worked whereever and I actually have a strong technical background.
>>
>>61772006
I do have some people that I can use for phone references. It's 30 an hour, and this is in one of the shitty, parts of California (or depending on your feelings that could just be the entire state) that has next to no IT field at all.
>>
>>61772057
I have no clue what labor rates are like in california. Around Chicago $30/hr wouldnt be bad for a phone jocky contract, but I know California can be stupid expensive. Still it sounds jewy as fuck. If you do get the job make sure you steal shit, even if it is just petty.
>>
>>61772080
The cost of living in my area is significantly lower than the average in California, so 30 an hour is pretty good. I dunno what I would even steal, maybe the occasional cable or something.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.