[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in learning how to use i3wm? I like to keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: i3wm.png (167KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
i3wm.png
167KB, 800x500px
Is there any point in learning how to use i3wm?
I like to keep the graphical stuff to a minimum, but don't want to get memed.

Any daily users?
>>
It takes 5 min to get up and running, and you'll learn all the main keybinds within an hour. Use it and decide for yourself.
>>
>>61764758
>Is there any point in learning how to use i3wm?
Unless you have severe autism, nope.
>>
>>61764812
I browse this board, so I think I qualify.
>>
>>61764758
I use it on my laptop (i3 gaps to be exact) because I don't like to use touchpad. It's nice, especially if it's bundled with some kind of vim plugin for a browser. But I still can't see an appeal for itnwhen you have an access to a mouse. Also it's more comfortable (at least for me) to use a complete DE with some keyboard shortcuts for most used applications and actions.
>>
>>61764807
just like he said, in one hour you have the basic commands and after that its all up to you.
If you feel like doing something very repetitive hundreds of times a day invest some time on how to automatize it put it on a keybinding and boom!
>>
>>61764758
There's barely any learning involved. If you prefer using a mouse over the keyboard, I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>61764758
>I like to keep the graphical stuff to a minimum
why?
>>
One nice advantage is you can save custom window layouts and then restore them with a keybind.
>>
It's vim for you WM.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.