[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone ever used the thumbstick on these things in lieu of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: belkin_n52te.jpg (19KB, 449x389px) Image search: [Google]
belkin_n52te.jpg
19KB, 449x389px
has anyone ever used the thumbstick on these things in lieu of WASD before?

ever encountered any issues with them?
>>
>>61761535
Yes, for WoW many years ago. It was crap.
>>
>>61761634
what was the downer about it? was it this particular model or just these pads in general?
>>
>>61761734
It was the one in your picture. I dont recall but i'm pretty sure the keys where shitty compared to a laptop keyboard let alone a mechanical.
>>
having to keep horizontal pressure up at that weird angle would be taxing
>>
>>61761535
I have the non LED version of this, been using it for a decade solid. Though I don't use the thumb pad to replace the WASD keys. I only use that for hotkeys.
>>
>>61761759
so it was more about the particular model you chose more so than just the concept sucking?

>>61761789
by up do you mean towards the ceiling or towards the front of the unit? im a bit disoriented.
>>
>>61761804
As I said, I dont recall, this was like a decade ago. All I know is that i thought it would be a good idea but it turned out not to be.
>>
>>61761535
That is exactly why I buy them I can't stand using up three fingers where one thumb would suffice
>>
>>61761804
pushing against the thumbstick horizontally would be tiring
>>
>>61761535
I got one of those. You can remove the thumb stick. I removed it on mine and use it as just four additional buttons.
>>
File: razerorbweaverchroma.jpg (445KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
razerorbweaverchroma.jpg
445KB, 1280x720px
I use a Razer Orbweaver Chroma, it has their mechanical switches in it and feels alright.
I used to use it for WoW but the d-pad part was mapped to abilities, not movement.
Don't play much games now, but I do still use it for drawing work, easy enough to setup all the shortcuts I use on it.
>>
>>61761798
>>61761831
>I only use that for hotkeys
good to know... main idea is that i want to squeeze in a few more commands without having to look at my board or contort my fingers in odd ways. also reduce accidental keypresses.

can you give an example of how you use the thumb pad?

>>61761822
i guess i could use it for commands though. i feel like my thumb is not being put to good use only being able to comfortably hit the space bar.

>>61761841
i do some audio and video editing. good to know its not just a gayman thing.
>>
>>61761804
Another model I had 10 years ago I had to remap the arrow keys because forward was the direction furthest away and was not ergonomic to hold for long walks, I changed up or what was left and so forth and it was perfect
>>
>>61761852
from all the feedback in this thread im beginning to see that it probably wont work well as i intended.

still nice having 5 keys within thumb range. these things are expensive so i dont want to fuck myself over.
>>
>>61761850
>can you give an example of how you use the thumb pad?

In Skyrim, for example, I used it to quickly call up either the Map, Inventory, Spell list, or Journal by just pushing in a certain direction.

I just basically use it as a shortcut to things I quickly want to do in a given game.
>>
File: 20170729_112143.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_112143.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>61761873
I know I must be an outlier but if you are used to walking with an xbox controller it is pretty much the same. Also take everything here with a grain of salt if it seems comfy to you fuck all the opinions here
>>
>>61761911
Fuck yours, too.
>>
>>61761922
Exactly
>>
>>61761911
good to know brah...

interesting racing chassis. have you ever tipped that stand over while drifting? what sims do you play?
>>
>>61761960
Most of the weight is transferred past the middle but is still slightly unbalanced, it's on wheels and can tilt a bit towards you when wrestling with the force feedback. I like Dirt and have project cars but find it a bit too realistic read difficult except using the go carts is fun in the Rift
>>
>>61761535
I have an orbweaver and I prefer to map movement to the tumbpad in games.

>>61761789
>>61761822
Grow a pair, it takes no more force than your mouse click.
>>
>>61762013
good to know... im thinking of getting a wheel for Gran Turismo Sport cause sony killed pressure sensitivity on the face buttons of the ps4 so you cant use X Gas and [ ] brakes anymore.
>>
>>61762050
Jesus, what's next using the dpad for steering
>>
>>61762050
That's what the fully analog triggers and thumbsticks are, you massive retard. How the fuck is a tiny button better than a long trigger for fine throttle control?
>>
>>61762065
been playing gran turismo with a controller for over a decade now.

the PS2 and PS3 controllers were perfect for the game but sony decided to kill the pressure sensitive buttons (since only 2 games ever took advantage of them). using triggers for gas and brakes feels retarded and using the right thumbstick for gas and brakes eliminates the ability to heel-toe.

using fingers for gas and brake feels so wrong and they are better suited for shifting (like in a paddle shift car).
>>
>>61762097
heel-toe shifting you stupid nigger. you can still do it with the triggers but it just gets overwhelming when you are steering the car with one thumb, using each finger to gas and brake, and then shifting with your right thumb.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.