[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you miss 2000-2006 Internet? Before utter trash like iPhones,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1501974167649.jpg (290KB, 993x638px) Image search: [Google]
1501974167649.jpg
290KB, 993x638px
Do you miss 2000-2006 Internet? Before utter trash like iPhones, Instagram, The Big Bang Theory, Buzzfeed, Reddit, and Facebook took over.
>>
Ah yes. I remember the days of the internet wild west fondly. The days when limewire and kazoo dominated illegal file sharing. The heyday of flash-based browser gaming. Runescape, Adventure Quest, Club Penguin. Before tracking. Before widespread social media. Before the dawn of the social justice warrior. Truly a time that is beyond us now. I remember these days as I would a fallen comrade.
>>
File: milw0rm-wi.jpg (43KB, 445x71px) Image search: [Google]
milw0rm-wi.jpg
43KB, 445x71px
Yes...
>>
File: pouring-out-liquor.gif (327KB, 500x203px) Image search: [Google]
pouring-out-liquor.gif
327KB, 500x203px
No, that internet was shite too. So was the mid-late 90s internet. It hasn't been good since AOL ruined Usenet and all the BBS communities that had been tight for years slowly died off.
>>
>>61758051
Socrates was right about writing.
>>
>>61757946
Godamnit please! ;_;
>>
I really miss internet from the mid 90s. Before AoL. I remember in high school going on Usenet and learning about the internet for 6th period computer technology class. 1995-2002 for me as really the Wild Wild West of the internet. I remember in 2000 getting high speed sat internet and amazed how much faster it as then 56K.
>>
>>61757806
I honestly liked the 2010/11 era of internet. YouTube and 4chan were better.
>>
I miss everything except FUCKING UNBLOCKABLE ADS
>>
>>61759870
>>61758051
old fags
>>
File: 1501888757937.jpg (98KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1501888757937.jpg
98KB, 960x955px
>jumping from 56k to ISDN
WHOA
>>
>>61757806
I want change. It's long overdue. Fuck post-2007 era
>>
>>61757806
Anon, i miss 1995 internet
>>
Anyone else not like alot of cartoons and found solace in video games and the internet? Like a ton of cartoons I used to watch I just watched because I had nothing better to do while feeling little enjoyment.
>>
>>61758051
That internet sparked dreams anon. Schematics for tesla coils, and emp guns ran rampant.
>>
No because the web has always been shit. See >>61758051

Stop calling the web "the internet"
>>
People always parrot the 2006/2007 was the death of the internet meme, but you always seem to forget that it actually took a few years for all of those things to take hold and have a real effect on the culture of the internet as a whole. 2010 was the turning point for the internet.
>>
>Do you miss 2000-2006 Internet?

You fucking fake nostalgia fags are the worst. Nothing lasts forever. Be glad you enjoyed it if you're not just a roleplaying 16 year old.
>>
>>61763133
>fake
Many of us ITT remember it vividly.
>>
>>61763133
i mean the internet in the early 00s was a much different place but not because of random nip cartoons or anything else in the OP image. it really changed around 2008 when social media *became popular* (people who simply use the dates twitter and tumblr were founded clearly weren't paying attention back then) and the internet as a whole started being used en masse by normans. memes became known by the public, see the rickroll at the macy's thanksgiving day parade that year.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.