[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to buy a laptop for college classes soon. I have a MacBook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I need to buy a laptop for college classes soon. I have a MacBook Pro right now and I want to upgrade. I've been looking at some RazerBlade laptops and I like them. Problem is that I also develop iOS apps and I don't know how well I could do that if I boot MacOS onto it.

What should I do? Buy a new loaded MacBook or high end windows computer? I'm doing computer science and want a nice programming machine. I will be loading windows onto the mac or Mac onto the windows.

My budget is 3k USD. Help me, /g/
>>
you can go thru college with a $200 junker that's popular on /g/. that said, if you are comfortable running a vm of mac-os, you can get away with just about anything from that last 5 years easily.
only upgrade a new mac if you are completely hooked into the ecosystem.
>>
>>61754525
I legitimately think the XPS is a good line. If you like smaller laptops, the 13 inch variant is nice, but I personally use the 15.6 inch version. It's an incredible overkill for bare minimum specs, but it'll get you through college and, if you have a heavy workload after, it'll carry that too. The GPU you can get with the XPS 15 also works nice if you connect it to a monitor for light games/photo editing/video editing.
>>
get whatever you want, only a fucking tool comes here to be told what to do.

you arent going to be doing anything that is going to require any major power besides the 3 hour visual studio install if that. anything serious is going to be handled on the schools infrastructure

fuck off kid
>>
If you have to develop ios apps, then i personally think it would be too much trouble trying to develop on vm/hackintosh, especially on a laptop. that and there's the legal gray area about developing on a hackintosh because of apple's terms of agreements. that being said, the razer blade is a much better value than the new macbook pros imo. can you still keep your old macbook pro and develop apps on there while you move the rest of your tasks to the new razer blade?
>>
>>61756165
But the fucking webcam, the placement of the fucking webcam is the dumbest shit ever
>>
Get a T420 and hackintosh it.
>>
>>61754525
Ge a Surface Pro 4 fag, or the never one.

-Posting from my Surface pro 4
>>
>>61756280
I've made a few iOS apps on windows and used vm or friends mac to upload them with app loader. No issues so far.
>>
File: R940.jpg (126KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
R940.jpg
126KB, 960x540px
OP don't listen to these faggots. You are very special and have a lot going for you, so I will try my best to assist you.

First, you will need rams and tons of it. Since you are going with Windows, I'm sure you going to be running at least 10 virtual machines on average, you might as well install Windows Server edition. You should start with 128 gb of ram at the bare minimum.

Second, to support those virtual machines you will need a lot of cores. You also don't want to be a scrub who has to spend days compiling their assignments right? You should at least go with 16 cores.

Third, you are going to need a lot of storage. Not just for the huge programming assignments but for all the backing up of your virtual machines. We might as well throw in a raid controller with this. I would say at least 64 tb to be safe.

After going over your requirements, I would suggest a Dell PowerEdge R940. You can currently get one for $10,000. I understand it's a bit over your budget, but if you want to be cheap you might as well just get a chinkpad. Good luck OP.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.