[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/, I'm laying the groundwork for an IoT startup, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Sup /g/, I'm laying the groundwork for an IoT startup, and was wondering if I could borrow your expertise on the manufacturing side. I would be trying to find a compatible embedded computing device, and contacting the factory in china that provides that product's hardware to use it as a basis for my own product.

Problem is, I'm a tech guy, business is new territory to me.

I am looking for pointers on finding a contact point for the factory, any tips or tricks for dealing with them, what to say when calling... any stories or info on getting from planning to production which is the biggest obstacle before anything else can proceed.
>>
>>61753459

hire a consultant you cheap nigger

sage
>>
>>61753481
Have you used a consultant for this kind of thing? How'd that go for you?
>>
File: IoT.Device.jpg (52KB, 400x482px) Image search: [Google]
IoT.Device.jpg
52KB, 400x482px
>>61753481
Where does one go for this sort of thing, never even heard of it.
>>
File: img1231.jpg (672KB, 1546x1475px) Image search: [Google]
img1231.jpg
672KB, 1546x1475px
>>61753459
>>61753481
Maybe there's a specific place to look for someone who does consulting in hardware manufacturing?
>>
>>61753459
> I would be trying to find a compatible embedded computing device
what does that mean? what are you going to do on your part then?
The factories dont sell 'computing devices' to anyone. They sell the time and resources it takes their workers and machines to produce a PCP, put the components on it, flash and test it. They dont offer generics and dont sell other people's boards to you. If you want to buy products that only need software, you will have to ask the company that owns the design to sell or make some to/for you.
>>
>>61754472
>They dont offer generics and dont sell other people's boards to you

Credentials please
>>
>>61754504
I work as a firmware developer in a very small company that designs embedded devices. We create electric layouts/designs and the firmware for customers who wish to create new devices but lack the knowledge to do so (say someone has an idea for 'smart XYZ sensor').
But we dont handle production, since its a very different business from the original creation of device to mass production. We have a partner that does it, the people from that company fly to china for us and do a thousand things like instructing the workers how to screw the board to the case etc. and they also do the production test(s).
There's no generics because no project is generic, and if you save 10c/board by putting in a few hours of work in design-phase to remove unnecessary components or replace expensive ones with cheaper parts, you might save a few thousands during production. And theres no generics because technology is moving production-techniques every few years, and because all components eventually go end-of-life which would cause additional work in maintaining any useful generics.
>>
>>61753459
>IoT startup

No thank you, I would rather not help in bringing more trash into this world
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.