[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You faggots didn't tell me how addicting programming is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1438821607806.jpg (460KB, 1209x756px) Image search: [Google]
1438821607806.jpg
460KB, 1209x756px
You faggots didn't tell me how addicting programming is. I'm losing track of time with this shit, it's like crack. And I haven't event learned all the basics yet.
Am I autistic?
>>
>>61745898
>I haven't event learned all the basics yet.
kek
>>
>>61745898
Absolutely, until the projects get bigger, you realize it's all been done before, you don't get a good grade for it, and the time to reward ratio goes to shit.

But I could spend hours on brainteaser type puzzles without a complaint.
>>
programming is fun until you get a job in it
>>
>>61745965
it's not that bad. last week i only contemplated suicide once.
>>
>>61745898
I also lost a lot of time with CUDA.
>>
>>61745898

>lose track of time

This is why I stopped altogether.
>>
>>61746022
What kind of retard loses track of time? Basically every work environment has a clock right in view at all times.
>>
>>61745898
For some people they can't stand it, for others it's great. Just find a project you like and work on it.
>>
>>61745898
You didn't ask.
Solving problems is fun and it gets addicting.
A cult works the same way:
Start by telling everything you know is wrong/bad.
Then give people a new purpose and a new way to do things.
>>
ok nice blog piss off fat fuck
>>
Karlie also loses track of time due to how fun programming is. :)
>>
>>61746121
wow rude
>>
Get into the security side. Fibd out how to make things not work. Youll eventuallu get bored if reinventing the whrel but theres lways a zero day to find and the high if that> writing a calculator app. It good youre still starting a basr you have to figure out how to make th8bgs work before you can take em apart but good for you on starting something new, you only live once have a varied life. Code a bit then grab a drink with friends then play billards anf flirt up a cute chick even if you dont get lid out of it youll feel alive just having new experiences.
>>
>>61745898
What the fuck are you programming if you don't even know the basics?
>>
>>61747479
you can learn by making small edits to existing code and observing the run-time results
>>
>>61745898
What have you programmed so far?
>>
>>61745898
>Am I autistic?
No doubt about it
>>
>>61747479
>What the fuck are you programming
you know, programs and stuff
>>
>>61748020
>Hey everyone look at me I can program hello world am I cool yet??!?!? xD
>>
>>61745898
Try assembly in microcontrollers. It's like playing with legos.
>>
I started learning Java almost a year ago and I still haven't programmed even one real program.

how fucked am I?
>>
>>61747479
Algorithms, scripts, etc. Stuff that doesn't require knowledge of the ins and outs of a complete program.
>>
>>61748381
a "real" program is still nothing against a full blown client Server application
>>
>>61748304
how are programs real if our eyes arent real?
>>
>>61747479
Probably programs that teach the basics. I learned C++ by being assigned to make basic programs like implementing a list class or a matrix class in many different ways (like one time we just use double pointers, the other time we use the already existing vector class to make a matrix class and another time we make our own vector class using pointers and use that to make our matrix class). How the fuck did you learn programming without actually programming anything yourself?
>>
>>61748304
hello world is a real program
>>
>>61745898
Don't worry son that will go away after a few real projects.
>>
>>61745965

Pretty much this. I remember a time I was starry eyed and passionate about programming and had plans for numerous side projects.

It's gone now, my enthusiasm is gone
>>
>>61746142
Who is karlie
>>
>>61749409
reminds me of Bisqwit, a real good programmer and YouTuber who drives a bus for a living.

It makes sense though, it's apperently very low stress job in the area he lives in and gets to programm stuff he enjoys programming like his own NES emulator. And who would want to continue programming at home after at least 8 hours of programming at work?
>>
>>61748098
>le witty comment
go back
>>
>>61748098
Consider suicide.
>>
>>61748984
>a full blown client Server application

I did one of these once, it was like 48 lines atoo
>>
>>61749457
me
>>
what language are you working on ?
>>
>>61749606
No, I'm me and I'm not karlie
>>
>>61745898
Glad you're having fun OP
>>
File: whore.png (266KB, 440x462px) Image search: [Google]
whore.png
266KB, 440x462px
>>61745898
>Am I autistic?
definitely
>>
>>61746906
very wholesome anon :^)
>>
>>61745898

why do you think programmers get fat and look like hobos
>>
>>61746056
They mean time passes really fucking fast, it means they enjoy it
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.