[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ i have a tinfoil hat theory about Intel, what do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg (56KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
56KB, 320x240px
Hey /g/ i have a tinfoil hat theory about Intel, what do you think, that Mesh is going to be Netbrusrt 2.0
>Intel up until 2000 relies on transistor shrinkage without and major architecture changes
>In 2000 they come up with Netburst in order to reach 20ghz speeds.
>Fails, Chips ran very hot, and where less efficient then the Pentium 3s at launch
>Rather than pushing speed they follow AMD and go the more core count in order to keep performance and progress moving forward.
>AMD shits the bed with bulldozer
tinfoil hat part
>Intel finds during it's near total domination of the laptop and desktop market that Ring Bus won't scale very well
>they start buying up large entities in the hopes they can find talent to fix the problem
>This is why during this time we don't really see much improvement over core count, not due to Intel's greed, but do to ont being able to come up with something better.
>Amd brings back Jim Keller to solve the same problem
>intel Doesn't really change much to their CPUs until they can figure something out, realize on smaller transistors in order to get small gains each generation, not in too much of a hurry.
>They get some AMD silicone in their labs to see what they came up with.
>They now have to use what they got in the form of Mesh even though it's not ready
>Ryzen launch
>Mesh launch
We know for a fact that Intel CPUs with Mesh run very hot and use more power compared to AMD at this time, You can debate on which is better performance but that's not the point. I think they won't be able to solve the heat problem while pushing more cores, similar to how they couldn't push more speed on Netburst without running into heat problems. AMD I think will scale better at 10nm and 7nm due to Jim's design and we will see difference in performance close that of the Pentium 4 and Athlon 3000+ days.
>>
Thats is happening right now.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.