[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will games take advantage of more than 4 cores? That seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Will games take advantage of more than 4 cores?

That seems to have been the target for devs in the last 5 years or so.
>>
>>61725910
What if I told you it's an era of game streaming?
>>
>>61725918
I'd tell you that OnLive fucking died
>>
>>61725918
Shut it down.

jk, you would still need servers to run those game on though.

So then devs would need to make games optimized for multicore server cpus.
>>
>>61725950
Which is happening.
>i9 X
>Threadripper
>>
File: amdintelamazon.png (182KB, 724x669px) Image search: [Google]
amdintelamazon.png
182KB, 724x669px
i dunno
>>
>>61726378
>finally finish building 2011-v3 setup
KEKED AGAIN!
>>
>>61725910
Take perspective from Current status
>Most installed base have dual to quad
>Devs already know how to operate at this core count
>Most installed displays are 60hz
>Industry pushing for 4k which barely hit 60hz

From now on Intel will be releasing more cores on mainstream and amd as well

From a game dev studio, there is still few reasons to push more cores. One of the reasons is to make more intense physics, more intensive or complex simulations.all these things requires budget and usually, pristine graphics has priority over complex mechanics with gamer short attention span.

Bf1 is a clear example of demanding high Ammount of CPU on multiplayer. With current 60hz server update, you need at least a 8 threads CPU to hit 130+ fps
>>
>>61726475
>dual
Mostly on laptops
>>
>>61725944
was bought by sony if memory serves. wonder what they do with it
>>
>>61726453
Broadwell-E is better than Skylake-X in tasks like gaming because of the changes to cache and the new bingmesh.
>>
>>61727224
They turned it into PS3 and PS4 streaming You can stream some games from Sony's servers to PS4 or PC, they killled streaming to Vita for some reason.
>>
>>61725910
Many but not all already do.
>>
>>61725910
the consoles use weak 8 core x86 chips and sell way more games than PC. what do you think this will result in?
>>
>>61727224
They have Playstation game streaming service now. That's probably what they did with it.
>>
>>61725910
Consoles are now on 8 cores so game devs have the opportunity to make use of them.
>>
Didn't they trying to do something in this regard with DX12/Vulkan and the more popular engines Unreal and Unity.
Devs are probably just as ignorant as the audience they cater to.
>>
>>61725910
maybe when people will learn parallelism properly
>>
>>61725910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfNMn7RWgLw&t=258s

some of them do some not given how the devs are lazy fucks and the only literally good game that came out since 2014 that was playing awesome on every card(doom) i dont have any hope left what so ever
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.