[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GTX 1080 comes out >1½ years later amd releases a slower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 121[1].png (14KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
121[1].png
14KB, 300x100px
>GTX 1080 comes out
>1½ years later amd releases a slower card that draws more power
>doesn't even try to compete with the 1080ti
I'm worried, will AMD ever catch up, or is it just too late now?
>>
>>61716427
It's faster than the 1080Ti in compute tasks. Vega was designed with enterprise in mind, not NEETs. Gaming isn't the end all be all of GPUs.
>>
AMD is finished. I don't understand why it's still discussed here.
Just buy Intel+Nvidia like a sane person.
>>
I'm not worried at all. The Vega 56 looks pretty great and I might grab that. Choosing the best product is fine and all, but man are Nvidia assholes. I refuse to support those fuckers when they're deploying *works and refuse to adopt freesync. Navi should be fantastic for AMD if they use IF to """glue""" small dies.
>>
>>61716427
nvidia launched the 1080ti out of nowhere. that literally left amd contemplating suicide.

amd was determined to make a card as good as, or better than the 1070 and it is supposed they did it. we have to wait™ for benchmarks to see for real.
>>
you only need a 1080ti for 4k60 on bloat settings
>>
>>61716427
They skipped Maxwell what makes you think they will catch up.
The 580 overclocked uses like 190watts, a gtx 970 overclocked which offers very similar performance uses maximum 210 watts and this is with a bigger node.
>>
>>61718436
>Just buy Intel+Nvidia like a good goy.
>>
>>61718488
>those fuckers when they're deploying *works
i never understood what´s wrong with this?
noone pisses at microsoft for releasing direct x and with it fucking over linux and osx
>>
>>61719108
I never said DX was fine, it's also concentrated cancer. You have similar bullshit there since M$ keeps pushing their shit shop and their dumb API instead of others adopting Vulkan.
>>
>>61719326
but isn´t the fault in the hands of the companies that utilize these technologies and not on those providing them?
it´s not like they are forced to use direct x
the same goes for *works with the difference being that the user can turn that one of in every case that i know of
>>
>>61718436
>not buying AMD + nvidia like a true patrician
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>61719461
>not using a cpu + gpu from half a decade ago because you don´t need anything new
I feel sory for you.
>>
>>61718436
>>61718488
>>61718926
Oy vey
>Shilling this hard

>>61716427
Consider what are you going to do and why are you going to use THAT specific product. There are pros and cons for every device.
>>
>>61716427
I don't give a fuck, I bought a used 980 and I have the perfomance of a 1070 for half the price
>>
>>61716427
>mfw people are still obsessed about brands and such
OP if you need to waste time on games just pick a game and buy a card that will run it well, don't waste additional time arguing about brand loyalty.
If you personally don't like monopolies or something then buy the brand that you support without obsessing about it. People (even those not on the internet) will understand and you won't look autistic, more money is wasted on worse things anyway.
>>
>>61719489
>not wanting to emulate PS2 games in 10X native res
>>
>>61719108
Yes they do
>>
File: distressed.jpg (57KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
distressed.jpg
57KB, 320x320px
Is this the place to discuss gfx cards?

>shopping around for cheap upgrades since the fans on my 4 year old 7870HD blew out, causing it to overheat to [spoiler]100C[/spoiler]
>see 1050 ti
>mfw that tiny ass thing only pulls 75W max while my bludgeoning tool 7870 could pull up to 250W
And it doesn't even need PCI ports, I feel bad that my AMD cpu has to sit next to the 1050 ti while it does everything the old geezer couldnt
>>
>>61720176
1050 ti is pretty nice.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.