[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does it matter what language you learn first on? if so,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1501049936408.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501049936408.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
does it matter what language you learn first on?

if so, what language is best?
>>
I bet you have spent weeks worrying about this. It's ironic since you're concerned with not wasting your time.

never gonna make it
>>
>>61703121
im worried because 3 places i want to work at use 3 different languages; C#, C++, and JS.
>>
>>61703134
what are the companies?
>>
The best first language is the one you stick to and actually learn. I'd lean towards C# or C++ over JS unless you really want to do webdev.
>>
>>61703297
they're 3D programming firms. one makes an editor and the other 2 make games.
>>
>>61703099
learn a language that a friend/family member/colleague/steam friend knows.

Being able to ask a friend for help is huge.
>>
>>61703340
i have nobody in that bracket
>>
>>61703099
english is pretty good
>>
>>61703415
like you would know you dumb ESL
>>
>>61703099
>does it matter what language you learn first on?
Absolutely not, for the most cases
>if so, what language is best?
Any language that has a good beginners' book
>>
>>61703540
in that case, what's the best beginner book?
>>
>>61703557
the dragon book
>>
>>61703557
http://eloquentjavascript.net/
>>
>>61703099
Sure it matters, but you can always learn another if you have the right mindset.

Personally I think Python might be the best to learn today.
>>
learn on anything, two things you must absolutely understand: binary and the difference between a hash / lookup table and an array / linked list. Many noob languages combine these and if you're learning youve gotta not fall into a pit trap when you find that this isn't the convention anywhere else.
>>
Start with C and then move onto garbage like python and java
>>
>>61703099
Spanish is a good beginner language. Although people will say to go for the meme jap language
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.