[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i have two old core 2 duo macbooks around and i have no idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

So i have two old core 2 duo macbooks around and i have no idea what to do with them. They are super shit. lid is scratched due to use, wrist rests are yellowed...
what should I do with them?

Pic related
>>
File: WIN_20170802_20_37_42_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170802_20_37_42_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>61700488
>>61700488
also, battery exploded a long time ago.
this is one of them.
>>
some asshole is trying to sell one of these for 400 bucks on my local craigslist, hope a black guy robs him
>>
>>61700547
the sound of a MS-2 with a dying 9 volt is amazing, somebody electrically inclined needs to mod these so it chokes the power and sounds like that all the time
>>
>>61700488
>>61700547
Be an autist and restore them
Then you'd be able to sell them for a good price

Or just donate it to someone you know
[spoiler] Or just mail it to me anon to yugoslavia [/spoiler]
>>
>>61700633
you dont really have to mod it. just get a variable voltage power supply. put a 9v battery adapter innit and ur done.
i have real amps, so i find it shit anyways.
>>
>>61700488
>yellowed wrist rest
Are you by any chance, a chink?
>>
>>61701459
nope. i just used it for a long time in an industrial enviroment.
>>
>>61700488
They can at least run 10.6 or 10.7, and 10.11 if they're from 2009. RAM can go to 4GB with SODIMMs that people would throw away, maybe 6GB or 8GB. If batteries are dead and you care, you can probably get replacements. Google their model on everymac to see details like max RAM and OS.

You could maybe use them for some kind of server.

And yellowed wrist rests are better than the completely pitted ones I got with pre-unibody MBPs. After 5 years, my old 17" only has pitting at the top front edge.

>>61700633
You could probably just put a 1K pot ln-line with the 9V battery.
>>
>>61700488
Install Gentoo
>>
>>61700614
>hope a black guy robs him
this
>>
>>61700488
>2009
>core 2 duo
You may be able to install libreboot and say fu to the man.
>>
>>61701388
>you dont really have to mod it. just get a variable voltage power supply. put a 9v battery adapter innit and ur done.
>i have real amps, so i find it shit anyways.
don't get me wrong, it's def shit. it sounds good the way a fucked up fuzz pedal sounds good. similar to foxx tone machine, super saturated ZZ Top eliminator sort of sound.
>>
>>61702541
Macshit can't into libre software
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>61702783
>what is rEFIt
>>
>>61701252
>spoiler tag in /g/
Anon.
>>
>>61700547
>replace battery
>put an SSD on it
>remove the dvd drive and put an hdd with a caddy
>install some distro if you don't want to mess with macos
>>
iirc you can libreboot one of the core 2 or core 2 duo mac books
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.