[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, do you think any of these e-ink price tag label thi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: label.jpg (181KB, 1000x903px) Image search: [Google]
label.jpg
181KB, 1000x903px
Hey /g/, do you think any of these e-ink price tag label things could be programmed with a simple rfid writer? Normally there's a bunch of dedicated hardware supporting it but if it's possible I'd like to get just the labels and program them with a phone/some cheap usb rfid thing.
You can buy them for pretty cheap on alibaba
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/e--ink-shelf-label.html
>>
bump
anyone ever worked with these things?
>>
I didn't even know this was a thing
>>
>>61682520
Pretty sure they use them at Kohls
>>
>>61682191
ask the seller, dumbass

not that they'll talk to you because i doubt you're buying a thousand units
>>
File: e-station.jpg (57KB, 799x517px) Image search: [Google]
e-station.jpg
57KB, 799x517px
>>61682520
I see them around all the time (western europe), I can see how you might not notice it's e-ink though.
>>
>>61682562
obviously
it just seems fun to mess around with, thought I'd ask my favourite anaconda husbandry forum first.
>>
you probably can, but what's the point?
>>
>>61682536
>>61682565
Weird. I guess I never really looked close enough. That's pretty neat
>>
who fucking cares? they arent going to fucking honor the price anyways
>>
>>61682592
the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act
>>
>>61682592
Companies are forced to sell you the product at the advertised price. If the price tag says $5 they have to sell it to you for $5.
>>
>>61682869
fuck they do
>>
Not really needed for most stores.
Could be useful for brand new stores maybe.
You get an automatically generated printout of any ticket that's changed price.
Takes some pleb 30 minutes a week to do.
Every ticket/item is located on the system and printout so they're piss easy to find.
>>
>>61682907
They do, unless they want a lawsuit.
>>
>>61684018
lol no they don't

It'd be even easier to just put a new paper price tag over the old one
>>
>>61684045
It doesn't matter.
If the company states a different price from what's announced that's:
Misleading publicity
Fraud

Sucks for the seller. I once bought a stove for 100€ when it was 1000€ because some retard forgot to add the last zero to the price tag.
>>
>>61682869
This isnt 100% true. Its usually depending on the circumstance. At my work, if we leave an old sale tag on or something its fine we will give that price. However a few years ago i tried swapping sale tags for a pair of pants at kohls and they just showed me the door. Also probably depends how annoying you want to be and how forgiving the manager is. It is not, however, some sort of easy get rich quick scheme.
>>
>>61682869
>Companies are forced to sell you the product at the advertised price. If the price tag says $5 they have to sell it to you for $5.
No, they do not.

I work in retail and call you there are no laws here regarding that.
Just like there are no laws regarding food products have an expire date either, (outside of a few specific categories)
i

>>61683969
I can tell you price changes *all* the time, it is not a 30 minute job.

I know that Whole Foods used to have electronic price tags but then got rid of them for some reason.
>>
>>61684094
In AUS we don't get a lot of changes.
There's a yearly inflation and then small changes for the rest of the year.
>>
>>61684070
Idk what country you're in. I'm in Germany and there's a specific legal concept called "invitatio ad offerendum" which means price tags on retail products are simply an offer that has to be "accepted" at checkout. Checkout price is the only thing that matters.

It's harder to cancel online orders as a seller and where I worked most of the mis-priced orders went through, BUT you can cancel them post-hand if the price is simply ridiculous (like an iPhone for €20 or something) and any rational thinking individual would know that this cannot be the real price.
>>
>>61684121
>In AUS we don't get a lot of changes.
Like you never get a sale ?
That is the bulk of the changes that happen.
Several thousand items come off sale, several thousand items go on sale.
Throw in some price increases or decreases in there as well.
>>
>>61682191
What the fuck, why are these kind of things not more popular?
Are there wifi enabled e-ink displays for personal use? I'd love to have one that I can program to display notifications or reminders or whatever from my computer.
>>
This should be the standard.
>>
>>61684018
Not true at all. Some companies will honor them if they're not too crazy but there is no legal obligation. The only way in which you might have some legal grounds for a lawsuit is if you could prove that a company was intentionally deceiving their customers on a large scale.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.