[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Made a thread yesterday about recievers but I was wondering does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1_3_7.jpg (40KB, 806x347px) Image search: [Google]
1_3_7.jpg
40KB, 806x347px
Made a thread yesterday about recievers but I was wondering does /g/ have any tips or guides for soundstage or audio equipment?
>>
>>61676868
Well I was the first to post in the last thread so I'll post first again I guess.

Could you rephrase it?

Also what is your budget on what you wish to spend on your system.

Did you find a working setting for your EQ or did you go back to using S. Retriever?
>>
>>61677184
>Also what is your budget on what you wish to spend on your system.
I'm not looking to buy more, I am happy with how my setup is, what I rather want to know is if there is more TO GET out my setup. For instance: In the last thread someone said something about how carpets would work better for sound.

>Did you find a working setting for your EQ or did you go back to using S. Retriever?
There was only an on and off function for EQ and it didn't sound any better or worse really so I decide to stick with S. Retriever
>>
File: cave 2 from 2012.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cave 2 from 2012.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
>>61677827
>In the last thread someone said something about how carpets would work better for sound.
Yeah that was me.
Not sure if you remember the picture. But if you have a big open room with no furniture to trap echo and no carpets, I'd start with carpets.

>There was only an on and off function for EQ and it didn't sound any better or worse really so I decide to stick with S. Retriever
Usually the equalizer is hidden when off and you just haven't found the settings to change them once they are on.

Though a picture or a render of your room would greatly help to give others a chance to see if they have ideas on how to help you.
Here's a picture of my living room, the window sheets and sofa helps a lot but I am thinking of getting myself a carpet soon because I've put my other PC in there too now but in the corner where I took the image, and that corner have no carpet or things to stop the echo there.
>>
I run all my devices audio through hdmi into my tv, and use the tv optical out to a soundbar system.

Is this a bad way to do it? not the soundbar system, i know thats not great, but the hdmi setup using the tv's optical out?

Everybody I know is telling my to get an expensive ht reciever so I only need one hdmi cable running to my tv. but I don't give a rip about that, I've got a porthole in my wall and already ran all 4 hdmi cables, as well as an optical cable, from the back of the tv to my console table

From what I can tell a all you get with a ht reciever is the i/o interface that modern tv's already have built in, amps and hookups for passive speakers, and some equalizer and surround settings. And you get an extra remote that makes the whole setup significantly more complicated (imho)

I'm under the opinion that the HT industry really just needs more powered speakers. Am I wrong? what other benefits do you guys get out of expensive receivers to justify the cost?

Does anybody make a cheap tiny reciever that can split my optical signal into separate channels? this is essentially all I use my soundbar for, but there really isn't a great solution out there if you want better speakers
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>61678359
To a soundbar, not that much of a problem.
The reason they ask you is probably because Optic can only send lossless PCM on 2 channels or compressed audio up to 6 channels using DTS and DD, while HDMI can send 8 channels of lossless PCM and lossless through DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD.
And if your TV have ARC HDMI ports why not?

In the end, will you feel the need to go lossless audio for a soundbar?
>>
File: IMG_20170801_222647.jpg (930KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170801_222647.jpg
930KB, 1920x2560px
>>61678121
As you can see in this picture this is my setup, would a carpet here help?
>>
>>61680957
A carpet is the least of your troubles though.
Speakers are both too close to the wall behind them and on the right side.
The bed is too close to the speaker as well since the speakers are placed that low.
I'd place the speakers on the white table and place receiver on the side instead that way you can put speakers more centered and you should put TV and speakers close to the front of the table.
If your receiver remote is one of those on the table try putting the receiver behind the TV and let the reflection from the IR turn it on from the table.
Image is kinda blurry so I can't see what kind of speakers those are.
>>
>>61681082
Bang & Olufsen Beovox S45.
>If your receiver remote is one of those on the table try putting the receiver behind the TV and let the reflection from the IR turn it on from the table.
What exactly do you mean?
>>
>>61681258
Mean that even if your receiver is covered slightly by the TV the reflection from the remote IR will be enough so that you can place the receiver behind the TV, unless you wanna put it on the floor standing up.
>>
>>61681298
Okay, should I put the speakers just on the table or would it help to put something inbetween them?
>>
File: 1501619322230.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1501619322230.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>61681373
Rubber feet so they don't slide off if you have pets or people that walk into stuff.

On second thought, put the receiver on something or upright, as long as you keep enough room for it to ventilate.
This is how I meant.
>>
>>61681673
Alright, thanks
>>
File: images(8).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images(8).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>61680957
>dat wall color
>>
>>61681756
What's wrong with purple?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.