[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am currenctly making a SEO (search engine optimizing) bot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: python.png (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
python.png
80KB, 1000x1000px
I am currenctly making a SEO (search engine optimizing) bot. This means that it will create blogs, social bookmarks, accounts, etcetera.

I want the program to do multiple of these things at the same time. Currently I have to select what is does by a input menu (1. Forum posting 2. Account creation, etcetera.). I want to be able to select more options that would all run at the same time.

The tasks all contain different functions and classes and do not need to interconnect with one another.

- Threading - but there seems to be many problems with the GIL if you run to many tasks.

- Multiprocessing - this might work if the process would only do the task it gets. This is however resource expensive.

- Eventlet or gevent - this looks very interesting but I am not sure if it can do the tasks I described. But I am uncertain how it will handle multiple files (otherwise 1 greenlet for each task would be perfect).

I have googled this question but most of the answers are from 2010/2013 and lots has changed in the meantime.

What is the best way to get this done?
>>
>>61673821
>Threading - but there seems to be many problems with the GIL if you run to many tasks.
Your bot is not cpu-bound. GIL doesn't matter. You need concurrency, not parallelism.
>>
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>>61674196

What do you suggest me to use? Threading or eventlet/gevent which both deals with concurrency.
>>
>>61674319
The latter removes the OS thread overhead but requires monkeypatching and library specific apis.
Threads are easier.
>>
>>61674356

Yea I think I will just make 2 versions of it and figure out which one performs better. And use that one.

Thanks a lot.
>>
sounds like you want AIOhttp
>>
>python
Shove your project up your fucking arse poo in the loo pajeet and learn a real language.
>>
>>61674526
>Python is poo in loo
>C/C++ is poo in loo
>Java/C# is poo in loo
>PHP is poo in loo
>Javascript is poo in loo
>Rust is poo in loo
>Go is poo in loo
>every language with an actual userbase is poo in loo
Thanks /g/
>>
>>61674553
>Python is poo in loo
Correct.
>C/C++ is poo in loo
Incorrect.
>Java/C# is poo in loo
Correct
>PHP is poo in loo
Correct
>Javascript is poo in loo
Correct
>Rust is poo in loo
Incorrect
>Go is poo in loo
>every language with an actual userbase is poo in loo
No not really anon.
We've still got.. Ruby.
>>
>>61674575
>>C/C++ is poo in loo
>Incorrect.
Did you ever see a C++ thread of /g/? It's always full of people screaming PAJEET BRAINLET LANGUAGE
>>
>>61674575
ruby is for ugly trannies

>>61674553
java C# and web languages are for indians
>>
>>61674598
C++ Is actually very comfy for programming in, I'm no Poo in the loo either.
Give me something that is better than C++ / C
>>
>>61674649
Nah, The Trannies aren't into Ruby.
They are heading over to Go nowdays.
>>
>>61674651
>something that is better than C++ / C
C++ reimagined without C source compatibility.
>>
>>61674686
>C++ reimagined without C source compatibility.
I was meaning another language anon.
Not a Idea.
>>
>>61674735
There are none. Several features that I need before even considering something like Rust are still in RFC phase.
>>
>>61674749
What are you currently using anon assuming you aren't OP.
>>
>>61674773
C++, Java, C# and Python depending on what I'm doing.
>>
>>61674828
Why not Ruby > Python
Keeping the whole "Ruby is for alt-left" aside.
>>
>>61674839
Learned Python before Ruby, don't like Ruby's syntax, hate the idea of function calls with optional parenthesis in imperative languages, symbols are a meme and just as bad as string arguments in Python.
Blocks are good.
>>
>>61674319
I guess most of your time would be spent waiting for network stuff, so get async/await for that and you'd most likely be fine.
>>
>>61674864
Same here, I had learned Python before Ruby.
But personally the syntax for Ruby appealed to me more than Python, whatever suits you I guess.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.