[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do I do if my ISP sent me an email saying they detected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

So what do I do if my ISP sent me an email saying they detected my peer to peer network and are threatening to stop providing service?
>>
Move to a first world country
>>
>>61672271
Maybe stop using your peer to peer network or get an ISP that doesn't treat you like shit?
>>
>>61672271
send them a picture of a drawn spider and ask them whenever they can be apeased or look the other way regarding this issue with that fine piece of art from you.
>>
>>61672298
it's spectrum.
>>
>>61672271
post the email faggot
>>
Ubisoft pls >>>/v/
>>
>>61672271
Tell them that the only thing you've done is run Windows 10 update and Google in that term brought up the fact that Windows 10 app that uses peer-to-peer.
>>
Get a paid VPN service (torrentfreak lists some, I use PIA) and torrent through that.
It's safe against copyright trolls for the forseeable future.
>>
>>61674818
This actually wouldn't be that bad of a suggestion.
Maybe even throw in you aren't "tech savvy" and that this was the only thing you could think of after a vigorous 10 minute google search
>>
>>61672271
call them and say that you because of this threat are changing your provider to someone who is willing to provide the service you pay for
stop being a fucking bitch
>>
>>61672271
look at your contract to determine whether or not you can tell them to fuck off
>>
>>61674818
Windows updated uses peer-to-peer now too
>>
>>61672271
American ISPs are actually already doing this
>>
>>61672295
fpbp and /thread
>>
>>61672271
get a better isp or tell your current isp you're going to switch so that they offer you a discount
>>
>>61672271
Either get a better ISP (which you should do anyway), or buy a VPN service to hide your traffic from them.
>>
>>61672295
>Move to a third world county
FTFY
First world babies are the ones getting fucked by their nanny states
>>
>>61672271
are you from US ?
>>
>>61672573
I also have spectrum but thep don't care about p2p. They care about my port scans I do on my server
>>
>>61672271
Tell them that you aren't sharing any illegal content and that they cannot block your service without giving a full refund and compensation for the missing services they were in contract to offer you for the remainder of the term.
Peer2peer networking is not a crime in itself, only copyrighted content breaks any rules - but P2P is how the internet works on a very basic level anyway.
>>
>>61679210
>implying the US is a first world country in anything but its own mind
>>
File: 34782456.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
34782456.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>61679210
Yeah go live in Somalia, I'm sure no one has ever complained about their internet over there.
>>
>>61680374
I have spectrum and they sent me an email twice for torrenting one thing
>>
You call them a bunch of flamboyant fucking niggers who should dress up in exorbitant colours then roam the streets with their post op pecker to vaginas showing.
>>
>>61674826
>Implying pia isn't carefully gathering info for the FBI right now
Never used a VPN from America. They can be forced to spy on you and lie about it.
>>
File: IMG_1483.jpg (7KB, 160x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1483.jpg
7KB, 160x165px
>>61672541
>sending the whole picture
Rookie mistake
>>
>>61672271
As >>61672295 said, move out of America/UK/Australia/Germany and you should be fine.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.