[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dual booting Linux and Windows 10 >haven't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1896.jpg (13KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
1896.jpg
13KB, 300x180px
>dual booting Linux and Windows 10
>haven't really used Windows much in the past month
>decide to update it
>after the update, I have to go through the same settings I set up when I first installed it...
>find out Windows reset most of my settings to the default (wtf)

Do Windows users really put up with this shit?
>>
>>61645856
Windows users mostly don't change their settings from default. You underestimate how many normies there really are.
>>
>dual booting

This is like only putting the tip of your dick in. Go balls deep or stay home.
>>
>>61646076
Muh gaymen
>>
Works on my machine OP.
>>
if windows disappears, do all linux users stop existing since they no longer have something to spend their time complaining about?
>>
File: Naamloos-1.jpg (60KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-1.jpg
60KB, 1920x1080px
>>61646414
>>
>>61646990
Nah we have enough to discuss internally, such as systemd being shit, Arch being overrated and Gentoo being the superior distro.
>>
>>61645856
>mfw deleted the Windows partition on my machine 6 months ago
>mfw haven't regretted a thing
I do have a Win XP virtual machine for Roller Coaster Tycoon and Monopoly 95
>>
>>61647265
None of those have games to match a Windows PC
>>
>>61647393
You are talking about them chinese girly read'n'wank games?
>>
>>61646414
buy an extra GPU and set up a VM with PCI passthrough.
>>
>>61647462
No, about good games like RTS genre, not generic shit.
>>
>>61647393
man just say fuck it. i have linux installed on my new ryzen machine and on my mac. windows & mac are just horseshit and not worth it. and at least with linux, it has more games now than mac. it might not have all the latest and greatest of windows. but i can at least play dota 2, xcom 1 & 2, and civ.
>>
>>61647534
>linux users
>enjoy wasting their time with a shit OS and enjoy playing huge time wasting games that profit off you playing again and again and again
really gets the gears goin huh
>>
>>61646990
we all move to *BSD and Plan9 and BeOS and complain about SystemD Linux users.

Windows 10 really is the Discord of Operating Systems though, No wonder Plebbit loves Windows 10.
>>
>>61646076
Muh music production
>>
File: ni_sessionstrings.jpg (29KB, 665x553px) Image search: [Google]
ni_sessionstrings.jpg
29KB, 665x553px
>>61647686
Linux does have decent DAWs like Bitwig, but when it comes to virtual instruments and effects, you're pretty much stuck on Windows and macOS.
>>
>>61647731
>tfw bitwig studio is the perfect daw at only version 2.0 and works flawlessly with debian
>tfw I'm balls deep in the NI ecosystem
Not to mention overall bugged vst support, latency when using wine applications and barebones audio interface support. It's a shame since the tools are getting better, but I doubt Linux will ever be acceptable for serious production.
>>
>>61645856
My Windows 7 install doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>61647685
>Windows 10 really is the Discord of Operating Systems though
this is really great post-modern irony thanxxx
>>
>>61647685
>the Discord of Operating Systems
F
>>
>>61647534
>>61647642
>mentions computer systems
>doesn't even think of an ulterior use that doesn't involve video games
What the hell is wrong with you kids?
>>
>>61648072
why did u @ me
>>
>>61645856
>dual booting Linux and Windows 10
>nvidia optimus doesn't work on Linux, which means either shit performance using the intel or no battery life using the nvidia card
>haven't really used Linux much in the past month
>>
I got a new laptop last week.

Trying to dualboot elementary OS with With does but when I reboot into Linux, it just goes into "emergency mode."

My googling this far says it's most likely some Secure Boot bullshit.

>IDK why I put up with Microsoft's shit
>>
>>61645856
>>find out Windows reset most of my settings to the default (wtf)
It does that when you manually do a feature update.
When you update through Windows Update it gives you a set of options in regards to new settings and setting changes, but all the rest of the settings stay how you left them.
>>
>>61649458
>Secure Boot can be disabled via a BIOS option

Fuck me. I overcomplicate everything.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.