[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I just bought a 2017 MacBook Pro non touchbar with the base

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
/g/ I just bought a 2017 MacBook Pro non touchbar with the base processor, 16GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD.

It isn't even here yet and I already feel like I've made a terrible mistake. I got the most expensive headphones Apple offers for free for the current deal, they cost 300 bucks and I was going to sell them on eBay to get some money back. I have a desktop I built myself and I use and Android phone. I felt like I was losing touch with reality, so I sold my Thinkpad and the desktop is for sale. I was going to get the MacBook, then get an iPhone when it comes out and sell everything else. This was supposed to help me be a "normal" person again so I could focus on school and fitness instead of 4Chan, Gaymes, and muh superiority to Appletoddlers. But now I feel like I'm pretending to be someone else.

>tldr I bought some Apple shit for the second fucking time to try and be a normal person instead of weirdo nerd and now I'm having second thoughts.....................Pls help
>>
macs are nice but why should a computer define you as a person? it's just a tool
>>
>conformist frogposter
>>
>>61610574
Keep the desktop, just use your mac book for normie tier stuff and have your desktop be your autism box. The laptop and phone will be nice when you are out an people will see you but in the comfort of your own home you can be your autistic self with your desktop.
>>
>>61610632
Because like it or not.....Apple products have a social vibe tied to them. I've noticed how many of my peers use Apple shit (mostly macs and iPhones) and they all seem way happier because they aren't obsessing over every little tech thing and they get the feeling of fitting in. They "just werk" also seems to apply to their lives.
>>
>>61610810
I have considered this as well. But then I'd find myself missing out on the joy of being higher level tech user otherwise known as non normie. It's like I can't fucking win. Not to mention how fucking locked down the mac and iPhone would be. I'd miss having an enterprise grade laptop that I could repair easily and keep forever and miss having the power of Android.
>>
>>61610812
Apple definitely has a certain stigma to their products, Personally idgaf and just use w/e the fuck I want. I have a MPB running macOS for most of my shit and then if I need something done on linux I have a VPS. Windows also have a VPS.
>>
>>61610846
There is a lot you can do with a macbook to be honest, you can rice a mbp if you so desired. You would look like one of those hip trendy tech savvy mac guys.
>>
>>61610846
Also ditching android will help your social more than your laptop desu, women HATE green texts.
>>
>>61610911
I used to laugh at this, but now I realize it really is true at least here in the states. I went on a date with a girl who had an iPhone. I asked her about what tech she liked just as a conversational thing. Turns out she had Android phones before, but fucking loves iPhones and iOS. I could tell she kinda looked down on me for having an Android, as if she thought of us being in two different worlds or some shit. Also it was awkward when I asked her if she had ever used Google Hangouts.
She tried it just to be nice I guess but..........(She was in love with iMessage of course)
>>
>>61610574
the moment you think your computer and accesories define you as a normal person, you stoped being a normal person
>>
>>61611146
But I look at all these people with Apple products who spend time outside or at the gym or hanging with friends. They seem way better adjusted to the world than I am. I feel like a freak on the outside. Just wanna try to fit in.
>>
>>61610875
Yeah but why not a nice enterprise grade laptop with Windows or Linux? Seems like the Mac is just for looks. I still feel like Windows it the best normie OS and the numbers show it too......only 100 million MacOS machines out there vs over 400 million Windows 10 machines now
>>
>>61611175
Then fit in by going outside, hit the gym, and make some friends. Buying an expensive laptop won't help with that
>>
>>61611207
The numbers show that the elite have the macs, there are more Toyotas than BMWs on the road but which is more of a status symbol?
>>
>>61611810
This is true. I've looked at ti from this angle as well and it makes sense. But is MacOS really better than Windows 10? And I'm talking about every aspect from usability to security etc.
>>
>>61611146
this, \thread

>>61611175
Is it really that bad in the US? Everyone I know couldn't care less about what phone, laptop or OS people use.. They want something that just werks and usually that means android because it's cheaper and windows because muh games.

From what I'm reading online about peoples opinions americans seem like very shallow people but I have a hard time believing that it's actually the case.. Or maybe I'm just super weird and have no idea how the real world works..
>>
>>61611984
apple products are just way more common here than android. it's sort of a status symbol. though i really don't care what i use as long as it works and gets me by
>>
>>61611984
People here are so crazy about Apple stuff not only for the status but also the build quality.
>>
>>61611903
It depends on who you ask, it is completely subjective. I think that both are good enough to get the job done for a laptop tho. Go back to the analogy of the cars the Toyota (cost less, easier to work on and repair, not a status symbol)=(Windows 10 laptop) and the BMW (cost more, more expensive to repair and harder to work on, but is a status symbol)=(Macbook). Both will get you from point a to point b as both laptops will be sufficient for your uses.
>>
>>61610574
I saw your original post in a thread recently. You got the beats for 300, right?
>>
>>61612441
>I saw your original post in a thread recently.

Must have been a different person. I posted another Apple related thread but that was ages ago. It was when I bought the touchbar one and freaked out about how fucking awful it was. But yeah I got the Beats worth 300. Hopefully I can sell them if I end up keeping the Mac.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.