[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/ i fucked up my pc. i deleted windows10 32 bit to install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1496731963882.png (327KB, 469x355px) Image search: [Google]
1496731963882.png
327KB, 469x355px
hey /g/

i fucked up my pc. i deleted windows10 32 bit to install the 64bit version. after i deleted it and tried to start from the bootable usb stick nothing really happend. the Windows symbol flashed for a couple of seconds and after that only black screen without mouse. what do ?
>>
>>61587357
Install Gentoo
>>
>>61587368
linux is not an option on this specific Setup.
>>
> deleted windows 32 bits

Why not install the 64 bits on top of it

> ----
Does your usb boot on another pc?
Maybe you've set it wrong

>Windows symbol flashed for a couple of seconds
It's either that your usb is not working well (you failed to create a bootable usb), or there still is the old windows.

GIVE more details
>>
>>61587357
Install Gentoo, Pajeet!
>>
>>61587471
>why not install 64 bit on top of it
i read a lot of articels that said its not really good to do this

>does your usb boot on another pc?
i dont have another one here just moved so i cant test it

could it probably be my old bios? haven't updated it since i got this pc or upgraded it to another one.
>>
>>61587471
there cant be the old Windows on it. in an act of rage, i used dban to clean everything. there is nothing left.
>>
>>61587539
Assuming
> there cant be the old Windows on it.

Then if you see the windows logo, you're booting from the usb.

If you cant get to install it, then smth is wrong with the usb.

THE next step is to try to boot into another computer and see if you can launch the installer. If yes, comment back, if not then make another usb.

> /// THINGS TO TRY IF YOUR USB IS FINE ///
* Disable secure boot from the bios
* Check how to make an UEFI usb bootable key
* Try to turn boot mode to legacy if you don't care much about it (it's less secure desu, malwares and shit.)
>>
>>61587608
I wrote the 2nd point in the wrong place!

Checking how to make an UEFI usb bootable key is to do at a latter step. When you wanna create the bootable usb again.
>>
>>61587357
just install 32bit again you retard
it will delete the existing 32 bits and install another 32 bits for the 64 bit system
>>
>>61587630
If you think that will solve the issue, you're retarded.

It will create the same problem.

> install another 32 bits for the 64 bit system
shut up ...
>>
File: 1490240280041.png (323KB, 717x717px) Image search: [Google]
1490240280041.png
323KB, 717x717px
>>61587357
>>
File: b8.jpg (10KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
10KB, 209x200px
>>61587648
You done fucked up son
>>
>>61587357
did you install 64bit dos before that? The install should start from somewhere?
also you need 64bit bios
>>
>>61587357
WIPE THE DISK IN DOS and do a clean install.
>>
File: orange-coat-disgusted.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
orange-coat-disgusted.png
129KB, 300x300px
KYS.
>>
>>61590632
tried several times never succeeded but the pc is still fucked up.
>>
why are you asking us, we don't have the source code to know what's going on..

fuck off, shill
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.