[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, so recently, i felt i was being a good samaritan, made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

hey guys, so recently, i felt i was being a good samaritan, made a fake gmail to message a woman that her husband was in an affair, kind of as an FYI to her. as I should have expected, she does not take it well, accuses me of "threats" (no such were made) and claims she is turning all emails over to her lawyer and local sheriff office.

so much for a good deed right? should I be worried?
>>
nah, she's gonna feel fucking stupid when she finds out he's actually cheating on her
>>
>>61582971
i'm convinced he is, and I can understand the denial and wanting to attack me if so. but do her threats have any merit on a fake name gmail?

will the police actually try to pursue a guy telling a woman her husband is cheating?
>>
>>61582954
did you at least send her pics? otherwise yeah it'd be pretty suspicious to most people
>>
No, so long as your didn't actually commit any crimes.
>>
>>61583001
would telling a woman her husband is in an affair be a crime, if can't be proven? seems like it'd be a really long stretch to say defamation?
>>
stay out of the business of others
>>
>>61582954
if you're actually close enough to have her mail why didn't you just tell it to her in person?
also this>>61582998
>>
>>61583073
i think my thought process was usually a cheating husband will leave major clues and signs of it. so i figured a light bulb would go off. no, no pics were sent. so without pics, will she try to twist it into defamation or something?
>>
>>61583008
If you legitimately believe him to be having an affair it's not defamation.
>>
>>61583008
>>61583171
Also defamation is a civil matter, the police won't get involved in shit like that.
>>
>>61583171
thanks for the response. so informing a woman that her husband is having an affair, and accusing him of it, is in no way a crime and she's actually threatening me by saying she will sick lawyers and the sheriff office on me?
>>
>>61583188
since i used a fake gmail, would police try to turn my name over to her, which then could be given to her lawyer? what could the lawyers try on me?
>>
>>61583222
Her lawyer will probably tell her she's got no case assuming all you did was anonymously email her that her husband was having an affair.
>>
>>61583340
that's what i originally thought...my main concern was the police giving her lawyer my name to create a circus, so you don't think that will happen?
>>
>>61583031
With that mindset, you have no business telling others what to do.
>>
Naw you're good, you did nothing illegal and I dont think google would (or is even allowed to) give your info over without a warrant.

I'd just leave it be, you told her, albeit in a weird kind of creepy/passive aggressive way, but the ball is out of your court now. This may be hard to believe, but some people dont care if they're being cheated on, or at least dont want to believe it.
>>
>>61583364
thank you for the reassurance. i think you're right about the last line too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.