[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /g/, I challenge you to name a text editor as lightweight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

hi /g/,

I challenge you to name a text editor as lightweight as Notepad++, as comfy as Notepad++ (that means not autistic vim/emacs, you can edit with a FUCKING mouse) and with plugins for C/C++ like vim/emacs (completion, etc.)

Notepad++ feels almost perfect, but the plugins are really not that good.

Atom is slow, Visual Studio Code is almost there, but the autocompletion is not so good
>>
Geany
>>
>>61576222
does the first one actually work
>>
File: 57822c19e1ad1.png (81KB, 212x256px) Image search: [Google]
57822c19e1ad1.png
81KB, 212x256px
>>61576222
>you can edit with a FUCKING mouse

You can edit with a mouse in Vim. Oh, you didn't know? LMAO
>>
Use gvim until you unlearn the mouse. Then use vim.
>>
>>61576266
in languages where bitwise 0 is false (C)
>>
>>61576338
In C++ one can overload operator bool to specify conversion from any type to bool. 1st way is not specific to C and C++.
>>
>>61576222
If you need a C/C++ IDE, use QtCreator

No need to mix text editors with IDEs
>>
Kate. It's better than Notepad++.
>>
Notepad, the human eye can't even see the ++ anyway.
>>
Hopefully you keep your notepad++ up to date...
>>
>>61576222
sublime
>>
>>61576222
Atom
>>
>>61578968
>lightweight
>>
>>61576222
>you can edit it with a FUCKING mouse
you can do this in vim
>>
>>61579030
VS Code
>>
>>61578955
this
>>
>>61578955
</thread>
>>
File: ideavim plugin.png (19KB, 380x523px) Image search: [Google]
ideavim plugin.png
19KB, 380x523px
Because this totally isnt a thing
>>
File: IMG_0146.png (273KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.png
273KB, 800x600px
Atom is what I personally use. Its cross platform, open source, and has a HUGE plugin library. It’s also got the added benefit of being developed by Github.
>>
>>61576222
>/g/, I challenge you to find perfect software that obviously won't fit my personal criteria of each of my requirements and wish to ensue shitposting and debate: The Thread
>>
>turn vim into ide
>turn ide into vim
What do you fuckers want.
>>
>>61576266
works in node.js
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.