[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm using a public library's WiFi and it seems I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: ssh.jpg (20KB, 425x299px) Image search: [Google]
ssh.jpg
20KB, 425x299px
I'm using a public library's WiFi and it seems I can't use SSH on it. Likewise Thunderbird doesn't work. Browsing works fine. A brief "click here to accept terms" page appeared and then I started browsing. Anyone know what could be wrong and how I could bypass it? Did they just block all ports besides 80 and 443?
>>
HTTP tunnel
>>
They blocked all ports besides 80 and 443.
>>
>>61570911
Use a vpn that runs over 80 or 443. Then ssh through that
>>
>>61570911
If you control the server you're sshing to you can just have it listen on 443. The shitty filters and firewalls on public wi-fi never bother inspecting the traffic to make sure it's actually HTTPS.

of course some residential ISPs disallow inbound 443 connections, so you might not be able to do that. worth a shot though
>>
>>61571265
Is it even possible to tell HTTPS and SSH traffic apart?
>>
File: 1500717347984.jpg (65KB, 389x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500717347984.jpg
65KB, 389x400px
>>61570911
Pwn your library's server and anonymously demand that they open ports 80 and 443 or else you brick the entire facility.
>>
>>61571318
If you see the initial handshake, its easy. The dance the client and server do to set up encryption is totally different between SSH and TLS.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.