[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find the motivation to learn programming? I need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1500154290127.png (247KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
1500154290127.png
247KB, 400x416px
How do you find the motivation to learn programming? I need some help with motivation.
>>
>>61561764

I find programming languages kinda hard, but I learned something close to this, MSSQL & MySQL and I got a job working with these.
I'm planning to learn PL/SQL as well.

It's super easy and beautiful, like a game, idk why I find it like this.
>>
By making something you or somebody else needs.

For example I made something to interface with GM vehicles computers so I could read error codes and have more of an idea how to fix it.
>>
>>61561764
Start with this question:
Why do you want to learn how to program, anon?
>>
>>61561806
How did you find the job? I am a neet and i would love to be able to get a job
>>
>>61561817
This desu. I'm learning machine learning to sort unorganized image folders.
>>
>>61561845
Linkedin m8
>>
>>61562005
how do i get it i have no degree and im a neet is it possible for me
>>
>>61562020
yea sure just make a CV and search for a job there
>>
>>61562115
dont they want experience or for you to prove your skills somehow
>>
>>61562133
not everyone, just say you're good & they will test you
>>
Don't Google problems soon as you hit them.

Programming is something you must actively learn, by doing it. Start with a simple hello world program and increase its complexity.

Break things, fix things, break things, fix things.
>>
>>61561764
OP, take it from /fit/

You don't need motivation, you need discipline. You do this shit not because you feel like doing it, but because you are forcing yourself to do it. It may not feel good, it may not be what you wanted to do that day, but you fucking do it anyways, and in the long run it pays off for you.

And just like with lifting, it doesn't take a shitton of effort. An hour a day, habitually, and after a year you'll be able to make your own programs from scratch. You'll eventually find yourself even enjoying what you're doing, and programming because you want to do it and not because you're forcing yourself to do it.

Just be careful that you don't progress to living a life you never actually wanted in the first place. At the end of the day, you do need to want the achievements and results you're working for.
>>
>>61561806
PL/SQL dev here. Do it. Getting that and TSQL under your belt will drastically improve your payscale if you're going for new jobs.
>>
File: 1493091220657.jpg (61KB, 482x427px)
1493091220657.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
>>61562441
>You don't need motivation, you need discipline. You do this shit not because you feel like doing it, but because you are forcing yourself to do it. It may not feel good, it may not be what you wanted to do that day, but you fucking do it anyways, and in the long run it pays off for you.
>>
>>61562449
how hard is it to go from a NEET to employed in this area? Is it as easy as the other anon says or was he pulling my leg
>>
>>61562441
>You don't need motivation, you need discipline
100% this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.