[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shopping for a monitor >find out about g-sync, figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: gsync-logo.jpg (202KB, 2387x900px) Image search: [Google]
gsync-logo.jpg
202KB, 2387x900px
>shopping for a monitor
>find out about g-sync, figure i may as well look for that
>most i find are almost double the price over freesync

what the fuck

my 1070 is fucking great, but what's with this g-sync shit? is it a scam, or is there actually something worth having for the extra dosh? should I just say fuck it and buy one of the 30 billion freesync monitors out there?
>>
>>61557261
Proprietary shit.
You pay for that and its the same thing as freesync.
Thanks Nvidia.

t.Salty 480GTX owner that caught fire after driver update.
>>
>>61557261
>goysync tax
Good goy.
>>
File: ulmb2.jpg (118KB, 767x434px) Image search: [Google]
ulmb2.jpg
118KB, 767x434px
ULMB/strobing backlights > g-sync/freesync
>>
>>61557272

I was an AMD owner for years, and after being pissed off with their shitty drivers for all of them, I switch to Nvidia and get hit with this bullshit.

God fucking damnit.
>>
>>61557335
You switched just in time for NVidia to have worse drivers, too.
>>
>>61557261
>>61557261
>my 1070 is fucking great, but what's with this g-sync shit?
NVidia's jewery, you guys blabble that AMD is for poorfags then you're surprised at the complete cashgrabs that NVidia does.
>>
>>61557335
hahahaaaa fucking retard
>be African in 2004
>move to New Orleans because it's supposedly better
>>
File: beta.jpg (44KB, 288x192px) Image search: [Google]
beta.jpg
44KB, 288x192px
>>61557351

i just can't win, can I?
>>
>>61557261
You don't need a g-sync monitor. Simply setup your drivers to use Fast Sync, limit fps to your refresh rate, and voila. You get smooth, tearing free content on any display.

You can configure this feature globally with nvidia profile inspector.
>>
>>61557462
Forgot to add: with Fast Sync you get minimal input lag, unlike g-sync which can be problematic.

Spend those shekels on a quality IPS display, instead.
>>
It's more partially because it's proprietary, but also because most Gsync monitors have strobing backlights/ULMB which is the next best thing to using a CRT.
>>
>>61557261
Gysnc offers more features than freesync and it physically has more hardware.

The biggest difference is that some Gysnc monitor supports ulmb which gives crt like clarity - zero motion blur.

Freesync is also limited to full screen only. You can use g sync within a window.

There are some hacks that allows you to use g sync and ulmb at the same time.

Then there are also features for the niche crowd like madvr/mpc integration and 3d.

Freesync is cheap because it's barebones.
>>
>>61557324
Too bad it fucks the color even further on the already shitty TN panels.
>>
>>61557570
People buying this shit are convinced they're the next eSpurts champion and so they need the bestest monitor evar so they can play CS:GO and league at a billion FPS.
>>
>>61557570
Calibration works.

But nobody in Esports gives a shit about color accuracy. You might even want increase the contrast so enemies stand out.
>>
>>61557462
>>61557494

Cheers anon, I'm kind of a huge sperg about input lag so that changes things a lot; and yeah, IPS is a must, I'm gonna be using it for casual artistic shit, too.

Most of the monitors I'm looking at just happen to have freesync anyway, that's not going to cause any conflicts is it?
>>
>>61557659
No conflicts. It works independently from the output device.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.