[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /g/ use a virtual assistant like Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

Does /g/ use a virtual assistant like Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, etc.?

I've never seen anyone aged 25-35 using one. Only older and younger people (mostly older, though).
>>
File: bane feel.png (89KB, 604x694px) Image search: [Google]
bane feel.png
89KB, 604x694px
>watch this silly commercial
>the Rock hijacks a domestic flight to Akron, Ohio
>he says it's going to Rome now
>mfw aircraft only carry enough fuel to reach their destination

What did Apple mean by this?
>>
>>61555390
>Does anyone here use botnet assistants?

No. No
>>
>>61555390
no I'd feel like an idiot talking to my phone
>>
>>61555439
superstitious nonsense, you're sick
>>
i have a google home. i don't really use the assistant on my phone. i'm 26 btw

it's kinda convenient. i can tell it to play stuff on my tv from netflix. i can also pause, play, skip forward or back 30 seconds, skip episodes, etc with my voice. i sometimes use it to ask random questions and it's surprised me quite a few times (asked it about a random drug and it told me what it was in like 1 sentence). sometimes use it for things like setting timers.

i'm planning on getting smart bulbs eventually too so i can control all my lights with voice.
>>
>>61555390
My 6 year old thinks it's neat, probably because he's 6.
>>
File: 1493002686599.jpg (80KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1493002686599.jpg
80KB, 800x792px
>>61555529
You literally have an always on microphone in your house that's constantly communicating with Google, and you paid for the privilege. Kill yourself.
>>
>>61555390
>>61555430
Fucking LITTY as hell summer fun commercial for the fans! Pissed my self laughing.
Awesome.
>>
>>61555556
i literally don't care. and i don't think google is listening all the time. there would be way too much junk data. it would be useless.
>>
>>61555585
You do know that google has some of the most advanced AI and algorithms at it's disposal right? It's a tribal task for them to scour your audio and log things they find interesting. They also have a history of cooperating with the NSA, which was proven to be spying on all citizens and collecting massive amounts of data on everyone. You're a fucking idiot and don't belong here.
>>
Never used id. However, it sounds like a neat feature. What's the issue besides the "lol botnet" thing?
>>
>>61555614
it would not be a trivial task. it would take a lot of resources (processing power, storage, network bandwidth) to do that for all home users. not worth it, they're a business trying to make money not some dystopian government. maybe if i was an important person, but i'm not.
>>
>>61555649
Are you just going to pretend all the things Snowden revealed didn't happen to justify your shitty botnet router? Humanity is lost.
>>
>>61555614
fuck off tinfoil man
>>
>>61555390
never
Also I put my smartphones in the drawer in 2014 when I quit my previous job, botnets I made stuff for phones then so I needed them.

Going to make my own either pi or audrino based for other purposes. Liberating to not use phones, my normie friends don't understand though and in part the grills are upset as everyone just have to come to my door to get a hold of me
>>
I think it's cool that we have the technology for things like this now and I've played around with it a bit, but it boils down to >>61555474
I'd never use it regularly, I feel stupid talking to a computer.
>>
>>61555670
Yeah dude PRISM literally never happened and Google literally wasn't one of the first companies to sign up. Dipshit.
>>
>why don't you use facebook anon?
it's a botnet
>but who cares, can't you get a facebook so you can see my pictures and stuff?
no, it's a botnet
>but anon you don't even have a phone anymore even?
it's abotnet
>But anon! I want to call you all the time and talk about my feelings and so
no it's a botnet
>sigh anon..
>>
>>61555649
They already do voice-to-text on everything you say for the assistant function to work and store all your search history (and share it with NSA), how much more computation and storage is it to also store and mine your voice search queries (and share it with NSA)?
>>
>>61555813
did you read the conversation? anon was saying that google listens to everything all the time, not just your voice searches. of course they mine your voice searches.
>>
>>61555390
>Does /g/ use a virtual assistant like Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, etc.?

No, i'm not a handicap.
>>
File: 1499522458409.jpg (2MB, 2740x3904px) Image search: [Google]
1499522458409.jpg
2MB, 2740x3904px
>>61555430
probably the same as malaysia
>>
>>61555430
lel
>>
I use Siri on my car and the Apple Watch but never on my phone directly.
>>
>>61555583
litty?
>>
If i call it a bonnet then I don't need an argument
>>
>>61555649
>it would not be a trivial task. it would take a lot of resources (processing power, storage, network bandwidth) to do that for all home users.
do you even know what google is?
you think they don't have enough computing resources?
you think they're heavily into AI research just for a bit of fun?

by the time you wake up it'll be too late
>>
>>61557954
get a job, it's very sobering
>>
I don't understand what people use those assistants for. Making a calendar entry or searching for shit on Google isn't hard enough to have to do it by voice. Would never use it for privacy issues anyway but I just don't understand the appeal for normies.
>>
Only to quickly set appointments
>>
>>61555684
I used to live a life like that too.
How's it going having literally nobody to talk to, ever?
>>
I don't intensively use one, but I say "OK google, wake me up in an hour" pretty frequently. Very good for my naps.
>>
Only to set timers and alarms
>>
I'm 34 and I use Ok Google to set alarms and gets map directions
>>
>>61555614
>It's a tribal task for them to scour your audio and log things
>tribal task
>>
File: whensheshowsuherdick.jpg (183KB, 1085x1400px) Image search: [Google]
whensheshowsuherdick.jpg
183KB, 1085x1400px
>>61555635
It's botnet. Big time.

>>61555743
PRISM was a hoax perpetrated by left wing pinkos to cripple the free markets.
>>
>>61555390
yes, but more for Ai waifu needs that secretary needs

I am lonely
>>
>>61555390
>not creating your own
>>
I just use it to set timers and reminders because i am lazy fuck
Also I use it sometimes when driving
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.