[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i am an owner of some IT company and i buy key, for example,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: MICROSOFT_WINDOWS_DCS_2016.png (106KB, 1563x1563px) Image search: [Google]
MICROSOFT_WINDOWS_DCS_2016.png
106KB, 1563x1563px
If i am an owner of some IT company and i buy key, for example, Windows server 2016 datacenter on Ebay for like $50, and the key is legit and i don't know how they got it from, am i guilty of something in terms of law?

I mean, the key is legit, you can verify it, you get customer support, why wouldn't businesses do that instead of buying keys from MS?
>>
>>61553855
The long dick of the law will get you if they want to.
>>
>>61553855
Because some random person in some random catagory in a company unrelated to the actual catagory is pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff.
>>
>>61553866
>if they want to

Exactly, they can, but is this an obvious breaking of the law?
>>
Also, can anyone explain how to actually buy copies of WinServer correlated with your cpu cores in a company? You buy like 5 copies (lets say you need 5 because of cores) of WinServer, do you install them all or what?
>>
>>61553855
If you're company is worth a damn you'll have enough money to buy a license.
>>
>>61554330
If not, use linux.
>>
>>61554330
Sure, but we are talking about hypothetical situation

In fact, in reality i might start working as a sysadmin where i would sell my services to newly formed companies. Problem is, they are places in 3rd world and want to cut expenses drastically. Obvious solution is to install linux servers, but what if some of them want windows server? Am i allowed to offer them ebay keys?
>>
>>61554398
>3rd world
Nobody gives a damn. If you're located outside of EU/Canada/Australia/USA, nobody will bother.

Either way, use ganoo slash loonix.
>>
>>61554671
>Nobody gives a damn

True in 95% of cases. I know for a fact that every few years inspection comes to companies and looks for pirated stuff, mostly OSs and major software
>>
>>61553855

Because you dont know what people are going to do with the key, some person might use the key somewhere else and your support drops and your server gets deactivated, if reused many times your MS key gets on ''the list''.
>>
>>61554745
>Because you dont know what people are going to do with the key

But i would be the one to install and maintain their servers?
>>
>>61554754

well, if you bought the key from somebody off Ebay, that person might have stolen the key from somewhere, then their server gets deactived and probably try to reactivate and in which case your server will get deactivated, a key can only be used 1 (with some exceptions)
>>
Most of they keys are probably not stolen but rather from schools and such. When I was in Hs everyone(no matter what program) got a account with the whole ms server lineup lifetime keys(which I still use).
>>
>>61554811
One time use or what?

>>61554775
Apparently, the guys selling keys claim you can check for validity, it will pass, plus they advertise you get customer support from MS

It really seems like it's legit keys
>>
>>61554861
well then you can buy it, but keep in mind if someday your servers gets deactivated, you dont have proof to microsoft the key is your and you'll have to buy a new one.
>>
>>61554983
I know, plan is to just buy a legit key if that happens
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.