[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good guy microsoft saves the day again! https://blogs.windo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Good guy microsoft saves the day again!

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/24/ms-paint-stay/#CDzymDHTEft4Rth6.97
>>
The definition of damage control.
Plus they probably mean Paint 3D.
>>
>>61550342
It's going to be rewritten as some shithead electron JS store app for $10.
>>
>>61550326
It's not going to the Windows Store unchanged, they'll fill it with bloat and remove half of the already intentionally weak feature set.
>>
I read that picture in a Indian accent
>>
How can a company be so based, /g/?
>>
>>61550682
Same, sir.
>>
>>61550326
Buy why tho.
I would hardly consider paint bloat. No reason not to have the os come with it.
>>
File: 1486616685451.png (656KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1486616685451.png
656KB, 569x629px
>>61550326
>MS Paint set to get removed from Windows installs
>"FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!!! how the fuck am I going to doodle shit now"
>MS: "ok fine we'll put it on the store"
Meanwhile:
>Windows Media Center removed from Windows 10 installs AND upgrades from 7 and 8.1
>not even offered for purchase like Windows 8.1
>*crickets*
I'm still pissed. I know you can unofficially get WMC on 10 but come on. You can argue that Steven Sinofsky's idea of making it paid DLC is a bad idea to begin with but at least Sinofsky gave you a choice if you so desperately wanted it, unlike Terry Myerson where he just shoves the middle finger.
>>
>>61550326
> good goy, sign into the cloud
>>
>>61552578
>Sign in to MS windows store to download explorer.exe and the start bar!
>Otherwise you can still use Edge to do work
>>
>>61552454
>a gig for speech shit damn near nobody uses? tightly integrated, in every install
>100k basic image editing tool? too much bloat, make it a separate download
>>
>>61550326
This bait is so bad I'm going to leave /g/ for today.
>>
>>61552454
Paint 3D can do everything Paint did and more, bundling the old mspaint.exe is just like including an older version of a program, completely unnecessary.
>>
Is there a paint clone for loonix? Won't install that Microsoft malware again.
>>
>>61552910
Pinta
>>
>>61552889
Can it take up less than a megabyte on my hard drive and run without the Windows 10 app framework?

What's that, "no and it never will"?
>>
File: dllhost_2017-07-25_11-59-20.png (23KB, 480x622px) Image search: [Google]
dllhost_2017-07-25_11-59-20.png
23KB, 480x622px
>>61552928
>take up less than a megabyte on my hard drive

What's that, "no and it never has"?
>>
>/g/ never used mspaint
>ever
>still a scandal when it's removed
>an even bigger scandal because it will be on ms store
Never change, /g/, and I say that non ironically.
>>
>>61552968
>never used mspaint
i used mspaint to paste in screenshots for years, as well as scribbling diagrams to help people
nowadays i use gimp instead, in linux
>>
>>61552861
>a gig for speech shit damn near nobody uses?

but it listens to your microphone even if you don't order commands, maybe it triggers on specific words like allah or akbar
>>
>>61552578
you can download the free apps from the store without signing in.
>>
>>61550326
I fucking lol'd. What a dumb stunt from Microsoft. They simply want to promote their crappy store again and again and again.
>>
>>61552968
paint is constantly used for quick screenshots, cropping or quick text edits or to resave images by sampling a single pixel and clicking again to change the MD5, and it loads up and does shit quickly making it easy to use for quick shit like that.
>>
>>61553093
Try that with MSN Weather (used to be Weather).
>>
>>61552928
UWP is infinitely better than archaic win32 trash you fucking noob
>>
I'm out of the loop, are they removing paint? What the fuck, why? Are they going to remove notepad too?
>>
File: 1486623919116.webm (3MB, 1920x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1486623919116.webm
3MB, 1920x1032px
I already stopped using mspaint, Paint 3D is better.

I only ever used mspaint for cropping an image or quickly annotating an image, which Paint 3D does just as easily. The only difference is 3d is actually useful as an image editor too, to do this normally I had to open Photoshop and wait 10 years for it to load up, then fiddle with quick select and refine edge sliders until the selection was just right. This new program does the same thing in a fraction of the time, not even counting the 1000x faster startup time. I don't even need PS for basic 3D stuff anymore.

Can anyone actually give a valid reason as to why mspaint is better than the replacement?
>inb4 b-b-but it's d-d-different!!!
not an argument
>>
>>61554096
What black magic is this?
>>
>>61554067
No. It's being "deprecated", which means it won't get any more updates. The internet threw a collective shitfit over it as news outlets threw out clickbait articles with headlines like "MICROSOFT REMOVING PAINT!!!WOW!!!". MS had to come out and say that no, it's not actually being removed, but in future it will be a UWP application instead of the classic Win32 program, thus obsoleting the current version. They're slowly pushing to replace Win32 entirely because it's ancient and messy as hell, but of course MS can never try to modernise anything in their OS without autists who need their decades old legacy software complaining.
>>
>>61550326
>its going into the MS Store
So people get to look forward to it asking for feedback.
>>
>>61554096
That's actually pretty cool.

I've never really gotten into Photoshop because it's so fucking slow and non-intuitive. That looks like a piece of cake in comparison.
>>
>>61550326
>it will just have a new home soon, in the windows store where it will be available for free
So shoved into corner of the shed without food.
>>
>>61554096
How did it reconstruct the grass?
>>
>>61554096
>it actually works
Wow. I'm amazed.
>>
File: Sans titre.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>61555050
Looks like it autostamps what's near.
>>
>>61550326
>our trusty old app
>old app
>app
>a p p
>a
>p
>p
Kys
>>
>>61555050
It's basically the same thing as content-aware fill in PS or the Resynthesizer plugin for GIMP. It tries to guess what should be in the selection based on the surrounding background, it doesn't work that well on more complex (for a computer) backgrounds, but it works great for removing things from relatively simple backgrounds.
>>
>>61555265
>he thinks app is a new term
>uses kys
>>>/u/nderageb&
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.