[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Apple so superior? Apple > other brands, be it PC,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_0136.png (908KB, 1294x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.png
908KB, 1294x1600px
Why is Apple so superior? Apple > other brands, be it PC, phone or tablet.

The inferior companies with their shit phones and OS's have fooled you into thinking that you are smarter than anyone for having to customize the shit out of them, play with registry settings, pimp the security and many other disgusting and time wasting things when in fact an Operating System should work perfectly right from the start.

When you're a child, then yes, you might want to dabble into these shit OS's like Windows and Android, just to exercise your curiosity, but if you are a grown ass human being, then you want a reliable, mature OS that gets shit done without your constant intervention, one that allows you to be efficient and start working ASAP!

This is where Apple shines.
>>
Apple is a premium product.

Most people here who "hate" apple just hate that they can't afford their premium products.
>>
>>61550094
Nice one, samefag
>>
Apple is superior.
>>
>>61550300
My PC cost more than a Mac, friend.
>>
>>61550094
why is thread shit???
>>
>>61550094
Gold standard shitpost
>>
>>61550503
>hurr durr i spent more!
>>
>>61550094
3/10 bait
>>
>>61550551
>you hate it because you can't afford it
>but spending more is bad
????
>>
>>61550094
Finally a post on /g/ that does'nt reeks of autism. Fellow /g/entoomans, I advise each of you to actually read and take the time to understand what's the message behind OP post. Try to not brush it off as a bait. Apple may be proprietary, (actually it's a requirement for quality) but it's premium. No other brand can even compete with it.

In matter of privacy and security, they're the best on the market. THE BEST. Remember that ransomware who uncapacited iOS and mac users throughout the entire world ? Me neither. On the other hand, Windows, Android and Linux have to face more and more vulnerabilities adding themselves as we speak. Moreover, in our today world, the very definition of the term "privacy" is constantly evolving. Rest assured though, your personal data is free from any attack thanks to Apple. It's true that they do a little collecting but always in your interest. They only have your best interests in mind, trust me. Can the same be said about Windows or Linux ?
>>
>>61550094
>>61550641
Same fucking fag.
>>
>>61550661
I actually think it's two different quality bait posters.
>>
File: 1496822806840.jpg (141KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1496822806840.jpg
141KB, 1365x2048px
>>61550661
>multiple persons (bodies) share the same opinion or view on a subject
>i got you, s-s-s-samefag !!! it won't work !!

>>61550665
Why are you like this ? Are you actually unable to read and understand a simple sentence ? Try to throw a valid criticism to what I said in my post instead of brushing different opinions as bait. It won't serve you in the long run
>>
>>61550709
(You)
>>
>>61550713
>>61550661
literally the only person in the thread taking the bait
>>
>>61550720
Literally different people. Also calling bait bait isn't taking the bait newfag
>>
Stop bumping this thread and sage. Fuck shills
>>
File: With a Macbook Air.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
With a Macbook Air.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>61550094
>>
File: the macfag.png (885KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the macfag.png
885KB, 1280x1024px
>>61550094
I use what works and I use what I like. Apple products don't work and I don't like them. Anyways, this is shitty looking bait and I'm going to bite anyways. Let's start with iOS devices:

I listen to music a lot and they're getting rid of headphone jacks in favor of wireless shit that you have to charge every other day that has shit sound quality. It's also 2017 and iOS has no file explorer outside of some half baked thing for iPads that can only view pictures and pdfs. There's still no way to transfer music over USB without third party software like iTunes or one of its alternatives. There's still no way to move the icons wherever you want on the home screen. There's still no developer settings to unlock more features and do stuff like hardware monitoring. There's still no way to install programs from outside of the crApp Store(TM). The stupid pencil thing is useless for any serious drawing on the iPads because they can't even detect tilt right. The displays are still low resolution shit from 2011, and no OLED. Also bendgate and touch disease.

Now let's move on to the desktop stuff:

OS X UI is retarded. Everything is backwards and unintuitive from the window controls to the scrolling direction. Every update reinstalls bloatware like iBooks and iTunes and turns SIP back on in an attempt to lock you into the crApp Store(C). Then there's the hardware. The trackpads are extremely shitty to click with and the force touch gimmick is extremely annoying. The keyboards have hardly and travel and feel mushy. None of the hardware is replaceable and everything is soldered. You need dongles to use something as simple as a USB mouse or an SD card. The latest models also removed magsafe which was one of the few good standards Apple ever shat out. There's a useless touch bar for emojis because Apple knows it's a facebook machine. To top it all off, the battery life was so bad in the 2016 models that they removed the time remaining indicator in a software update.
>>
File: NeXT-Logo.png (146KB, 2400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
NeXT-Logo.png
146KB, 2400x2000px
>>61550094
This.

Apple is for geniuses who have no time to waste with customizing Wangblows or Lelnux (which is literally useless).

Apple is a winner in my book.

Apple 4 life.
>>
File: 1438503842416.jpg (7KB, 267x323px) Image search: [Google]
1438503842416.jpg
7KB, 267x323px
>>61550803
>they're getting rid of headphone jacks
Maybe you'll have to consider evolving, you know ?

>no file explorer on iOS
And explain me in detail why would anyone need a file explorer when your device take care of all the "difficult" stuff ?

>There's still no way to transfer music over USB without third party software like iTunes
False.

>There's still no way to move icons wherever you want on the homescreen.

Again, why ? iOS make sure to keep your apps organized and ready to go. It's pointlessvto give freedom over this thing as it will be tedious for the end-user.

Did'nt even bothered with the rest of your post since I'm sure it will be either nonsense tinfoil retardation
>>
>>61550803
>Le Aplel Gey!!!! xDDDDD
>PC MASTER RACE

Go back to plebbit you fucking faggot.

macOS has looked the same since 2000.

Wangshaft failed miserably and tried so hard, but didn't get far, in the end, it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>61550892
ICYMI There's a new app 'Files' in the iOS betas that's essentially a file explorer.
>>
>>61550946
And it works pretty well.

The Android fags want full access, but I'd rather have sandboxed access and no access to the OS files.

Phones contain too much sensitive data to cater to autists just because they want to access their /var/tmp folder.

There are literally over 1 billion iOS devices in the world. If they weren't popular, no one would buy it.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/1/26/10835748/apple-devices-active-1-billion-iphone-ipad-ios
>>
>>61550946
They are 'maybe' getting something that is 'sortof' a file-explorer in 2017?

How innovative of Apple
>>
>>61550094
>Why is Apple so superior?
It isn't, you're just a retard who fell for the marketing meme.
>>
File: SGI.jpg (194KB, 1250x830px) Image search: [Google]
SGI.jpg
194KB, 1250x830px
>>61550094
Apple is shit, too overpriced, too fancy and too focused on hipster artsy faggots.

SGI a is MUCH better company.
Their products are while more expensive than apple products built to last and quality to the top, also they look quite nice and modern and are perfect for 3D rendering and 2D art, which is a shame very few people know about em nowadays, but it's better that way as it culls away the plebe.
>>
File: 16438437373.jpg (65KB, 640x594px) Image search: [Google]
16438437373.jpg
65KB, 640x594px
>>61550892
>it's unreasonable to want a single standard port to plug headphones into
>it's unreasonable to want a unified application to manage all of your files instead of dicking around with a dozen apps
>it's unreasoable to want all of your icons on the bottom or one side of the screen where you can reach them more easily
You make your own life harder for no reason.

>There's still no way to transfer music over USB without third party software like iTunes
False.
No it isn't. You can't transfer music over USB and have it show up in the built in music player.

>>61550897
>macOS has looked the same since 2000
It looks nothing like it did 15 years ago.

>Wangshaft failed miserably and tried so hard, but didn't get far, in the end, it doesn't even matter.
You're assuming I use Windows. I don't.
>>
>>61550999
>Running a meme OS called IRIX

lmfao
>>
>>61551002
>It looks nothing like it did 15 years ago.
Functionaly it's pretty much the same, idiot.

The overall look has changed, sure, and Aqua is gone. But still the same fucking same, which is great.

>>61551002
>You're assuming I use Windows. I don't.
That's actually worse.

You use a MemeOS which has no commercial software available.

>B-but m'open'sauce anon

Go fuck yourself you basement dweller.

Most of us are adults with real jobs which require real tools.
>>
File: ITS UNIX.png (112KB, 976x633px) Image search: [Google]
ITS UNIX.png
112KB, 976x633px
>>61551009
Do you have a 3D file explorer? Obviously not, because your computer can't into 3D graphics unless you count that slow as shit software mode quickdraw 3D.
>>
File: 1317726561959.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1317726561959.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>61551002
Apple drone BTFO
>>
File: 167383475483.png (634KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
167383475483.png
634KB, 1280x1280px
>>61551021
>The overall look has changed, sure, and Aqua is gone.
>But still the same fucking same
Retard.

>B-but m'open'sauce
I use Debian. It does everything I need it to. I don't do photo editing or use any CAD programs so what can Mac OS X do for me that GNU/Linux can't? The answer is nothing. It doesn't offer anything special.

>Most of us are adults with real jobs which require real tools.
You're not an adult, nor do you have a job. Don't lie on the internet.
>>
File: 1482225016745.png (1MB, 1299x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1482225016745.png
1MB, 1299x1077px
>>61551044

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxIPcbmo1_U

Kek reminds me of this.

The Lelnix community is a god damn joke, with their non-applicable, half baked, and mostly degenerate "ideas".

Fucking autists can't even build a centralized release.

You Unix fags should be happy Apple is still in the business. iOS and macOS put millions of Unix based devices out in the wild and you can't say that for Lelnux fags with a %0.00002 user base.
>>
>>61551063
>Those memes

Are you 12?

Grow the fuck up you fat fucking whale.
>>
File: 1748293927301.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1748293927301.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>61551125
I'm 9 and what is this? Stop projecting your lard onto me. The bakery called and they want their rolls back.
>>
File: 1474086792974.jpg (10KB, 285x287px) Image search: [Google]
1474086792974.jpg
10KB, 285x287px
>>61550094
>0.02 Cuck tokens have been deposited into your iTunes account skyler.
>>61550300
((premium product))
>>61550897
>why would anyone need a file explorer
5 programs to open each type of file, or 1 program to open 5 types of file. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm really makes me think.......
>>61551067
Android uses linux kernel. Unix-like os on ps4, ps3, nintendo switch. rip u.

FAPPLE SHILLS ON HIGH ALERT, CALLING BACKUP FROM THE FSF, THE KKK AND ISIS.
>>
File: mdrayd2ml9uy.jpg (698KB, 3543x5315px) Image search: [Google]
mdrayd2ml9uy.jpg
698KB, 3543x5315px
>>61551245
Dude it's a fucking phone or a tablet.

Get a laptop if you want a full OS.

Also get some taste with your memes.
>>
>>61550803
>I listen to music a lot and they're getting rid of headphone jacks in favor of wireless shi

This is another great feature of Apple. Again, it's a PREMIUM PRODUCT. I have a pair of Bose Quietcomfort 35 wireless noise cancelling headphones.
The sound quality is unparalleled and it is perfect for my iPhone 7.

Why bother with an ugly headphone jack when I can afford a good pair of wireless headphones?

Like it or not, wireless is the future. In a few years headphone jacks will be a thing of the past and all of your inferior android phones will have abandoned them in favour of wireless.

Apple is just a few years ahead of the curve, as usual.
>>
File: 5.jpg (50KB, 623x255px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
50KB, 623x255px
>>61551570
>putting a microwave emitting device next to your brain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3780539/Could-wireless-headphones-HARM-health-Public-health-professor-warns-radiation-AirPods-just-bad.html

No thanks, I'll stick with wireless with the added bonus of having no interference and no extra device I have to charge
>>
>>61551570
>few years ahead of the curve
>get water resistance later than Android phones
>get OIS in the phonecamera later than Android phones
>get wireless charging later than android phones
>get oled screen later than android phones
>get small bezels later than android phones

The days that Apple was ahead of the curve are long gone you simpleton
>>
>>61551570
>walks next anything close to the frequency
>gets your sound cut out instantly
The radio frequencies are a rare, rare delicacy and not to be used with useless shit like that.
>>
>>61551326
>Dude its just a phone get a laptop if u want a file manager :-)
>file manager = full os
o boi am i laughin. How many pesos are they paying you per hour for this sloppy work?

On a related note, why is there a chimp in that space suit???
>>
File: 1482007737957.png (49KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1482007737957.png
49KB, 256x256px
>>61550955
You're going to get a brain tumor and the neurosurgeon is going to say:

Cancer fags want full access, but I'd rather have closed skull, and no access to the brain's structures.

Brains contain too much sensitive data to cater to autists just because they want to access their amygdala.

There are literally 7 billion human brains in the world, if brains weren't popular nobody would buy them.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/26/12334568/brains-in-many-people-new-report-says-head-skull
>>
>>61551570
Shilling so hard
>>
Apple is a Ferrari. Android is a fiat.
>>
Apple!
>>
serious question

i've got an iphone 7 and screen is sligtly warmer than usual (like lowest f.lux setting) . is this normal or do i return it ?
>>
>>61550641
Alpine
>>
>>61550503
it won't retain its value as well
>>
>not dual booting some form of Linux and OSX on your PC
>>
>>61550851
Not sure if bait or troll but wasn't NeXT a colossal failure? Like went bankrupt over their first machine bad?
>>
>52 replies 24 posters
>>
>>61554023
Probably the Droidjeets samefagging
>>
>>61553974
yes, it was a disaster
>>
>>61552362
See that's the thing though, as counter intuitive as it might seem some people would choose the fiat in that situation, everything about the fiat makes it a superior option for my needs, I want to be able to use the car as a daily driver without worrying about resale value, I want to haul shit, I might need to swap the engine at some point, if something goes wrong I'll fix it myself rather than take it to a dealer, it's not that I can't afford the repair cost, I simply prefer to do the work myself, primarily for time management. If I need to replace a gasket, I can make an appointment, tow the vehicle to a service center, Uber back to my house, have to borrow a friend's car to get to work, find a way back, repeat for the next two days, find a ride back to the service center which is roughly an hour away mind you, and I can pick up my car, alternatively, I can loosen one bolt, swap out the part which I bought for $35 at an auto-parts store, pop the new gasket on, tighten the bolt and I'm good to go.

I like having a feeling of control over something that I'm so dependent on in my life, it helps to ensure that when the shit hits the fan I can keep doing whatever I need to, and I'm not dependent on the company I bought something from to repair the issue for me, I don't care if that's my server, laptop, phone, or car. What I will absolutely not accept is a company telling me I can only install certain apps, or use certain components, or special oil. Blow me you greedy shill, I'll use whatever components or software I want with my device, and if you've made that impossible I won't buy your product.
>>
>>61554051
Thought so
>>
>>61550791
Don't bring this meme back.
>>
>>61550094
your core argument from all of those tldr boils down to apple is an os for adult..

not sure if i want to take you seriously for that
>>
>>61553949
It will still work in 4 years.
>>
Apple - the brand for the wealthy white man

Android/Windows - the brand for the poor pajeets
>>
>>61553949
It's a computer, not a car, you use it until it dies, then you fix it, then you use it until it dies then you fix it, you repeat this process until the battery doesn't charge, the wifi barely works, hdd went bad forever ago so you boot it from usb, not that that matters because you never turn it off, and it's living out the rest of it's pathetic existence well into it's 12th year of use serving as a makeshift firewall to a test-rig, before a resistor on the motherboard finally blows and it would cost more in mantime to repair than the machine could conceivably give you in the six months before the cpu melts
>>
>>61554231
What resale value could a device like that possibly have? There's some high-grade metals in the circuit boards, and if you bot an apple, some mid-grade aluminum making up the chassis, good job, you salvaged a whole $5 from a machine over a decade old
>>
>>61550611
>waah you are poor
>no, I spent more actually
>waah stop bragging about not being poor
Macfags, everyone.
>>
iOS 7 completely ruined iPhones.
>>
>mactoddler needs Tim Cook to set up his own phone
The thread
>>
>>61550094
Where you think apple sets trends it doesn't
It waits to see if features are popular then decides if it wants to take the risk
You itoddlers are fully convinced into thinking apple is setting revolutionary standards, when in reality they steal existing technology then rebrand eg Retina display and Touch ID
Other companies are too thick to realise that apple are stealing their ideas and masking it, then when apple does something stupid every other company says "oh wow apple set the trends so we will hop on the money making bandwagon"
When in reality the removal of features is specifically used to benefit apple and no one else
The only reason why apple got rid of the headphone jack was because they weren't getting paid for it, its not a proprietary technology for them
The thunderbolt connector is, when you buy a thunderbolt headset you give apple money regardless of the maker, since its a proprietary connection
Same with SD cards and USB type A in macbooks, its only thunderbolt now
They didn't do it to move forward they did it to make money
(Look it up if you think I'm talking shit every product made with a thunderbolt connection is 5$ given to apple)

They will be the downfall of technology because they will set trends to their own tune and you macfags will buy it, technology won't advance if the only thing sold is expensive proprietary shit
Innovation and monopolies are not the same thing

Apple are a bunch of thieving kikes
We don't hate Apple products
We hate Apple
>>
>>61550094
nogames
>>
>>61551570
Good luck with the battery life of your (((premium product)))
>>
>>61552362
Windows Phone is a DeLorean, ugly as fuck, overpriced and they stopped making them
>>
Apple is superior!
>>
Take notice that whenever you ask an Apple fan to describe why their product is superior they Always tell you something vague like

"It just werks" or "It's the best"

Never anything concrete like it has this or that feature that the competition doesn't have.

Meanwhile I know many cases in which it didn't 'werk'.

Meanwhile I was speaking to one of my nieces the other day with an IPhone 6 and even though she was complaining about an increasing amount of apps not working and her Phone slowing down, mind you it was updated to the latest version of IOS (pic related, it's probably intentional).

I also remember my parents ipads and phones completely being cut off from wifi access after a new IOS update, a fix came later but still, this shit happens. I also can't remember how often I've seen broken Iphones and broken wires of chargers.

What Apple does very well is create a decent product and then create the illusion that it's the most superior thing there is.

I'll be expecting some witty remarks from Apple fans on this post. But again, notice that it won't be anything concrete just vague tribute about how good the product is.
>>
>>61550094
I saw this post on a thread just a few days ago.

4/10 try harder
>>
>>61550641
Although I like Apple, I disagree with the fact that proprietary is a requirement fly quality. Macos is more like a mixup of part of old OSes. And because devs know that it is proprietary they don't care about the quality of the code. If Apple wanted something proper, they should've develop from scratch, not do a strange mix up of Mach BSD. In fact I think that if they develop themselves something proper (and maybe put that OpenSource) they may have a more reliable and faster OS.
>>
>>61555811
They don't care.

Who found and fixed Heartbleed and Shellshock, the 2 biggest bugs in about a decade that affected every single mac on the planet? Apple, with 800$ Billion? No, fucking Red Hat and Debian developers, with a joined revenue of around 2$ Billion. Apple doesn't develop low-level stuff, they only created AFS because HFS+ was a joke. It was literally the worst filesystem with any usage these days. Other than that they do not care about quality as long as it shines on the outside.
>>
>>61555939
Apple has its own SSL library that didn't have the hearthbleed flaw if I remember correctly. But yeah, that's sad especially when security is a lot about low level stuff
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.