[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone think the SD U.S. Galaxy S8/S8+ will ever get root? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170724-235621.jpg (222KB, 732x742px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170724-235621.jpg
222KB, 732x742px
Anyone think the SD U.S. Galaxy S8/S8+ will ever get root? I know there's people working on it. I particioate in a thread on XDA but it's getting nowhere now. If anyone wants to put in info here's the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/current-root-progress-g950u-g955u-t3623444/page84
>>
>>61549921
Can we root on oem version? Like the one not subsidized?
>>
>>61549921
How do you go about getting root? Just fuck around with shit and see if it works?
>>
File: 1409118022160.jpg (4KB, 125x116px)
1409118022160.jpg
4KB, 125x116px
While we're talking about rooting, what advice can /g/ give to a complete noob who is thinking about rooting his Galaxy J7?
>>
>>61549945
All exynos and apparently the Hong Kong/China SD can be rooted. But any other snapdragon varient can not. No matter the carrier. Every US s8 is the same. No matter the carrier which is why all the phone models have the same number (G950U/G955U)
>>
>>61549959
Pretty much
>>
>>61550006
Go to XDA forums for the j7 and find the thread for rooting. Follow the steps
>>
File: 1477979689037.jpg (21KB, 720x428px) Image search: [Google]
1477979689037.jpg
21KB, 720x428px
i sell root method for $100 my paypal is [email protected] send money now
>>
>>61550320
Sent. Pls contact me via 4chan PM.
>>
>>61549921
How exactly do we "particioate"
>>
File: 1497866646662.jpg (19KB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
1497866646662.jpg
19KB, 480x342px
>>61549921
Why do you want it? You bought a Samshit phone, now live with it. Should've bought a developer oriented phone like a OnePlus or Nexus or Pixel.

>>61549959
You're finding a way to get write access to the system partition, basically. Unlike other manufacturers Samsung uses a proprietary bootloader in place of Qualcomm ABoot.

>Nexus phone boot: Qualcomm boot ROM in SoC > board specific bootloader tied to cellular modem and stuff > ABoot > Linux kernel and Android userland

>Samsung boot: Qualcomm or Samsung ROM in SoC > board specific bootloader > proprietary Samsung bootloader > Linux kernel and bastardized Touchjizz OS

The first stage is actual ROM (read only memory) that contains a few small programs that get loaded into memory on power on, checks itself, and loads the first bootloader, and then this loads up the second bootloader and so on. Each stage is signed. If you wipe out the first bootloader, your phone is totally fucked. Second one is fixable. When you unlock the bootloader, you're unlocking the second one. Each stage is interactive sort of like EFI, where you can add on different modules. So systemless root is when you load the kernel like that. Samsung has a thing called KNOX which is loaded before the kernel and checks the system partitions and if anything is running as root except the system, it will flip a hardware fuse voiding your warrant, will brick your phone, or will simply reset the phone depending on the model. I've been working with the AT&T Note 5 and it straight up bricks the phone when you root it. You have to reflash the OS with a desktop tool called ODIN. There is temporary root on it with a leaked engineering kernel but that only goes so far and my Note 5 just sits in a drawer these days.
>>
>>61550320
I only have travelers checks. Is that alright? I'll need your home address to send them of course.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.