[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone spoofed a NY Metrocard or a SEPTA Transpass or any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: readwrite.jpg (12KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
readwrite.jpg
12KB, 425x425px
Has anyone spoofed a NY Metrocard or a SEPTA Transpass or any of those public transportation pass cards? The SEPTA ones are simple magstripe paper cards. Whats involved?
>>
pay the toll jamal
>>
>>61541199
nice try nypd
>>
Get a real one, scan it and store the magstripe data. Then use it and store the data again. Do this a few times and you should be able to see if there's data being changed on the card itselfor if the card data is just an ID that gets queried on the metro system itself
>>
File: 1493241915576.jpg (983KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1493241915576.jpg
983KB, 2136x1424px
>>61541210
:(
>>
>>61541199
I looked in to the ones the CTA uses but got bored and moved on. iirc it kind of sort of can be spoofed, the value is stored on the card, but is also checked against a database. if the database check takes too long it it will assume the card is right and permit you to pass the turnstile. Considering that they know how much is on every card, and that there are CCTV cameras everywhere, you'll eventually get caught and charged with wire fraud. Also more and more systems are moving away from mag stripe to contactless systems.
>>
>>61541233
As far as I know, the NYC MetroCard is the latter.

>>61541342
NYC is never going to move to contactless.
>>
>>61541342
Hence the reason I want to do SEPTA transpasses. The monthly passes are unlimited, and I have a feeling it's a very weak setup...they're trying to move to a RFID system, but the transpasses will still be used until 2019 supposedly. You can sell monthly passes for more than $50 a pop. So... you see the appeal.
>>
>>61541359
>NYC is never going to move to contactless.
Just wait till some vendor bribes whoever on your city council.

>>61541395
Well go grab a magstripe writer and hope that they use the same number of tracks as most magstripe cards to.

And again, all this information is stored in a database. They'll be able to see that the same card is being used frequently in such disparate locations as to be impossible that it isnt fraud, and whoever uses it will be recorded on CCTV. Since most people take public transits at consistent times to go to work/school/home, they're not hard to catch, and will sell you out when offered a deal by the cops.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.