[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how the fuck does Apple get away with anything. Ignore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0489.jpg (94KB, 431x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0489.jpg
94KB, 431x532px
Just how the fuck does Apple get away with anything.
Ignore the hardware for a second and just look at the prices for accessories
80 bucks for a macbook charger
160 for wireless earbuds
100 for a stylus
20 for a lighting cable
There isnt even too many alternatives, unless you count the hoards of chinese shit that might or might not even work.
Just how can they get away with it?
>>
>hoards of chinese shit that might or might not even work

Well, it works. Thats their competitive advantage.
>>
i don't particular care one way or another about apple and honestly i don't know what direction people will claim i'm being a zealot or shill, but i'll preempt that by saying i don't give a fuck one way or another. apple's a company and they sell products. to the extent that their responsibility in society is to their shareholders to sell lots of stuff for as much as possible, they generally do a good job.

the argument for most of these things is that you're buying into an ecosystem where things work better than the piecemeal system you get elsewhere. a macbook charger has a magnetic breakaway and is consistent with virtually all other apple laptops out there (except the most recent generation). wireless earbuds reportedly just work. pairing is fast and easy. i have never found apple earbuds to fit me well, but for the apparently 80-90% of people who find they fit great, that's a great experience. the stylus is designed to work better with the iPad than any other generic stylus works with any arbitrary (windows or android-based) tablet. is that improved experience worth more? yes. is it worth that much more? obviously that depends on the value of that experience vs the value of that amount of money to you.

of course there's this status aspect to it, but apple products have generally become so common that the notion that you stand out for having an iPhone or something is nonsense. have you ever even seen someone call attention to the fact that another person had an iPhone? excluding the first ~2 weeks after a product refresh involving outwardly visible changes, have you ever seen anyone call attention to anyone's laptop, tablet, or smartphone? conspicuous consumption only applies when the thing is perceived as especially luxurious. maybe android phones have gotten a lot better, or maybe iphones have slid in prestige, but the fact is that it's not that conspicuous anymore.
>>
also
>Just how the fuck does Apple get away with anything.
what does that even mean? what does "get away with" mean in this context? do you expect the police to come and do something? do you think there's going to be a big consumer backlash over prices being kind of high?

united airlines had like a slew of videos of their employees beating the shit out of various passengers and they didn't see an appreciable loss of business. you're clearly expecting a level of outrage on the part of consumers that is completely unwarranted.
>>
File: 1471056178051.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1471056178051.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>61531736
>>
>>61531977
T. Help I like to hear myself speak and I have Autism.
>>
>>61531736
>There isnt even too many alternatives
answered your own question, without competition the company is capable of charging ridiculous amounts for the basic cheapest most useful items.
>>
Have you met the average normie
There's a reason why they're all in debt
>>
>>61531736
The DMCA, my dudes. Modern intellectual property is what keeps Apple alive and singular.

>>61531977
>shareholders to sell lots of stuff for as much as possible
False. Sharevolder value theory is a meme. Apple has no duty to anyone. Its executives have a fiduciary duty to the company itself, not the owners.

>>61532425
>muh competition
At this point Android's a better buy on almost all accounts anyway. The only real problem is vendors and their muh differentiation.
>>
>>61532284
>"Think different"
>Has the most basic design, features and os
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.