[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/ only wants to talk about waifus and memes so i have to ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Dolby-Cinema-Logo.jpg (41KB, 980x650px) Image search: [Google]
Dolby-Cinema-Logo.jpg
41KB, 980x650px
/tv/ only wants to talk about waifus and memes so i have to ask you guys

how is dolby cinema and it it worth the more expensive tickets? i don't want to go to regular multiplex cinemas anymore when the picture quality is better at home and there is no imax closeby

so is the whole dolby vision and atmos thing noticeable when you are watching a movie or does it not make much of a difference?
>>
>>61522085
Install Gentoo
>>
>>61522085

For action movies Dolby Atmos is pretty impressive and a cut above regular surround. Other than that I wouldn't seek it out.

If your main complaint about going to the theater is the price, figure out when their discount days are and plan to go then. Two different theaters in my city do $5 days, one on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday. Kind of nice to pay $5 for an assigned recliner
>>
>>61522157

thanks for the response anon
my main complaint with regular cinemas is the image quality desu

i don't know if my local cinemas are all showing movies in a lower resolution but every movie almost always looks brighter and sharper on my tv at home

or maybe there is just something wrong with my eyes

a couple years ago i loved going to the movies but the magic is gone if watching movies at home actually looks better than in the cinema

it's good to hear that at least atmos is worth something, can you say anything about the projection quality in dolby cinemas?
>>
>>61522356
Do the images look dim? Some shittier theaters don't remove the 3d filter for 2d movies which can cause that effect.
>>
>>61522577

yes very dim, sometimes the screen looks dirty or things like that

and it's not only one multiplex i tried so many cinemas in my town and they all are terrible

i think they only employ teens so maybe thats also why the projection sucks
>>
>>61522356
Its supposed to imitate the light and color of film.

Home is better because you can control the experience, you can wind back to watch a good bit again, you can have an interval when you want and you don't have to listen to the animals in the other seats. Plus there are often special features and documentaries on disc that you don't get in the cinema.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.