[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mpv/ - The Open Source and Cross Platform Video Player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 53

File: mpv.png (55KB, 233x233px) Image search: [Google]
mpv.png
55KB, 233x233px
Last thread >>61500419

Installation:
https://mpv.io/installation/

Wiki:
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki

Manual:
https://mpv.io/manual/stable/

User Scripts(including opengl shaders):
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

Migrating from MPC-HC?
https://github.com/dragons4life/MPC-HC-config-for-MPV/blob/master/input.conf

input.conf:
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Vulkan(Linux only for now):
https://github.com/atomnuker/mpv

Test vulkan and post logs if it gives you any kind of problems.

For better playback quality paste this in your mpv.conf file:
profile=opengl-hq
cscale=ewa_lanczos
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

Check your settings for compatibility errors by running mpv in command line or with

log-file=log.txt

. Search the log for "dumb" anything or for [e].

REMINDER >>61479064
>>
>not just ewa_lanczos for scale, tscale, cscale, and dscale
placebo
>>
mitchell+SSimDownscaler vs ewa_lanczos:
https://diff.pics/hfXh77QRc5st/1
>>
>Absolutely no change to the example mpv.conf
Nice work faggot.
>>
File: mpv users vs the world.png (275KB, 1276x1283px) Image search: [Google]
mpv users vs the world.png
275KB, 1276x1283px
>mpv
>>
>>61511151
Actually, it was never completed in the first place.
I remember this, there were a lot of people cheering him up and stuff. But in the end, when a usable beta-release came out, people stopped caring. Eventually, the anon stopped developing because nobody used it.

To this day, I still don't understand why this happened. There really were a lot of people requesting such a program but once it was there nobody used it.
>>
In what language is mpv written?
>>
>>61511375
>To this day, I still don't understand why this happened. There really were a lot of people requesting such a program but once it was there nobody used it.
Were you..... The anon that developed the tool?
>>
>>61511437
Lol no
>>
>>61511278
This.
>>
>>61511375
Bcoz editing text file is more easier
>>
>>61511375
When you think about it everyone that uses mpv in the first place doesn't mind simple UI and editing config files unless they are masochists. To the one click KCP types even using a 3rd party tool is too much effort.
>>
>>61511423
C

Why did you ask this though? It took more than 5 min for my answer to be published here, will take a bit more until you see it.
Instead, you could have clicked the repo link OP posted and would've gotten exactly this information, even with more details.

Honey, you won't get to the top in life. You are never going to accomplish anything meaningful.
>>
>>61511511
Thanks for doing the legwork for me my man.

>Honey, you won't get to the top in life.
I will as long as people like you keep asking "how high" every time I tell you to jump :^)
>>
>>61511375
Would be easier to make a website with a couple of tick boxes on and have it generate a config at the end. More people would use it if you didn't have to download a program to generate a conf file (which you would have to redownload to update every time mpv changed the name of an option).
>>
>>61507497
I've gone tole (you) to make one many times - competition is healthy!
>>61508963
mpv-as-an-encoder works just fine in both my and Zehkul's scripts. I highly recommend it! Biggest drawbacks are the lack of -c:v copy and possible inaccuracy in duration, ie. output ends a frame or two early. And you still need mpv in PATH (utils.getcwd() exists but no utils.getexecutable()), although that's minor.
>>61509024
As said, mpv issues a seek and the section can usually even be re-used from cache (transparently by mpv). --start/--end works just fine with ytdl, assuming the host supports seeking the stream ("seekable" property being false will at least pre-emptively confirm it does NOT work - seeks MAY fail depending on the video service even with "seekable" true)
>>61508661
Verify your ytdl settings - unless you're using the filesize target, Zehkul's script should handle youtube just fine.
>>
Linked mkv support, industry standard right-click context menu, volume control, non-retarded keybinds, ability to properly count, and apology to madshi for stealing his ideas when?
>>
>>61507903
Thanks for the script.
>>
Any approved way to stream torrents via MPV without bothering with torrent clients or command line?
Windows user here.
>>
>>61512061
https://mpv.io/manual/stable/#protocols
>>
>>61511758
when you kys
>>
>>61511829
This. Thank you very much. Trying it out now.

>>61511615
Does it notify me once an encode has finished?
Also, can I start a new encode while one is still running?
>>
>>61512061
There's a peerflix hook user script. I've never tried it though.
>>
What's the difference between dxva2 and d3d11va, which one is better/faster?
>>
>>61512173
Zehkul has notify-send to display a popup which I adapted as well. However, full-screen mpv will obstruct that - it works, but I personally rarely see it.
You can start multiple encodes no problem (obviously they'll slow down depending on your machine) and close down mpv as well (downside is, you'll have to hunt down the encoding process if you want to abort it). As an edge case, you may want to be careful with encoding the same time-range twice (ie. identical filenames)

Hoowever, I realize you might've thought I'm the author of the just-now released script which uses ffmpeg.
Yes, it will notify you (inside mpv, if you don't encode the clip detached [see "run_detached"]) and yes, you can encode multiple clips at once (if you encode them detached). "run_detached" defaults to false.
>>
>>61512371
You need to realize that people are not really interested in hearing about your script if you don't intend on releasing it.
>>
>>61512346
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-hwdec
>>
>>61512388
"Script is not released -> author does not intend to release script" is erroneous logic.
Besides, I was speaking of Zehkul's script, which currently does the encoding/playback state the best of publicly known scripts (the YAD aspect is a bit clunky true,, but exposes a lot of great functionality).
>>
>>61512478
Hardly, his script is hacky as fuck, both encode.lua and what anon just released are better.
>>
>>61512642
It *looks* damn hacky, which is why I started my own, but it worked just fine when I last used it (which *is* a few years ago, but it hasn't had updates since). As "options/sub-file" (and the audio equivalent) is now deprecated, you'll have to fix those ("sub-files", "audio-files"), but what's wrong with it (excluding YAD dependency)? It even allows you to chain segments into one webm and has a multitude of quality options.
>>
What is the current state of x264 vs vp8/vp9? I vaguely remember a few years ago a properly configured x264 outperformed vp8 in terms of speed and quality, but what is the situation now?

>>61512388
Chill, anon. I was asking that anon a question and they answered it.

>>61512371
Thanks for the info did see the message once it finished encoding, just had to wait for it!
>>
i've updated the script to use mpv to encode, instead of ffmpeg. ffmpeg support is still there, but i'll probably drop it, as mpv seems to work just fine.
https://gist.github.com/ElegantMonkey/d00c4edecedbdbe6ec0cc7e324ff9b5e

>>61511615
mpv seems to be callable even outside the PATH on Lua scripts, idk why (at least on windows).
>>
>>61512951
vp8 is basically hot garbage but that's all 4chan accepts so that's that. x264 is still the king in terms of encoding speed and compression, but vp9 should come close
>>
People are fucking retarded. Even if there is great high quality barebone config in the OP, retards will copy paste some autistic mess of a config that they found by googling or saw in the thread. The more weird lines it has the better quality!
>>
>>61512985
I think on windows it searches for the executable in the current working directory which is why it works
>>
>>61512985
You should add VP9 support.
>>
>>61512985
Tell wm4 or haasn to add it to the user scripts page.
>>
>>61513093
The wiki is writable by anyone
>>
>>61513093
Too soon I don't trust this script yet.
>>
>>61512951
As said, x264 beats vp8 (and especially vp9) in speed by MILES. Quality (aka filesize) has less of a difference (and importance to me), but webms are the thing to share on the net. Chrome does h.264, FF might, but webms have gotten their (rightful) hold of quick simple videos to share.

>>61512985
Sounds interesting, I haven't tested it PATH-less, since I have a lookup tool for mkvpropedit and such. Not needing the user to add mpv to PATH will make it very user-friendly indeed (if that applies to Windows and Linux).
>>
File: 1500357566041.jpg (44KB, 540x545px) Image search: [Google]
1500357566041.jpg
44KB, 540x545px
>>61512951
x264 is still the best encoder in terms of speed, and i think it only loses on quality on low-bitrate videos against vp9.

>>61513061
probably

>>61513067
you can set the codec to libvpx-vp9 on the options, unless you want to select it on the fly.

>>61513117
why lol
>>
>>61513179
>why lol
I'm paranoid.
>>
>>61513203
>I'm paranoid.
Why?
>>
>>61513235
Too much stress + going to bed to late every day.
>>
>>61513260
But why exactly?
I mean, you can check the source code, there's nothing to be afraid of.
>>
>>61513203
Looking it over it looks like all it's doing is putting together and running the ffmpeg command you would use to encode it manually.

>>61513179
>>61513143
>>61512986
Fuck, I'm guessing this is because Hiroshima Nagasaki would have to pay for an h264 license or something to add support?

If I'm understanding correctly VP9 will produce smaller files than VP8 but will take longer to encode? Is VP9 supported by 4chan?

>>61512985
Sweet!

Does run_detached do anything when using mpv?
>>
>>61513338
>Is VP9 supported by 4chan?
No, neither opus(vorbis successor).
>>
>>61513287
I'm stupid, I'm not a programmer. I'll use it when someone related to mpv development says it's good :) I can't wait though. Wanted something like this script for a while. Thanks!
>>
>>61513338
No, there's no need for a license (as far as I know?!). If anything, it comes down to browser support - the WEBM container and VP8/9 were designed to be open/royalty free.
VP9 will produce smaller files than VP8, but 4chan doesn't support VP9 webms. For reasons.
>>
>>61513338
>does run_detached do anything when using mpv?
mpv as an encoder? yes, it spawns a new process (mpv in this case) and detaches the control from the original mpv instance.
>>
>>61513446
Nand, you approve of that webm script?
>>
>>61510106
Sorry for the late reply,

What tasks do you think a GUI is better for than a TUI? For me it's

>image editing
>text selection on websites
>camera controls
and that's about it. For everything else, I'd a billion times rather stay on the keyboard than have to constantly switch between the keyboard and the mouse. It's such a chore.

I've been using a keyboard-driven browser and curses programs for everything else for the past decade or so and I could honestly _never_ go back.
>>
>>61511375
Looking at the source code, it's no wonder it got abandoned. He actually tried to hard-code the options and values for every single mpv option. That is absolutely not the right approach to an mpv configurator. If anybody wants to do it properly, here's what you *should* do:

1. Create a libmpv instance and embed it
2. Use introspection to enumerate the list of available options, their types, and their value ranges, and generate the right controls as needed
3. Parse the DOCS/options.rst to get the documentation for each setting, and use this to group them into categories (tabs) - sort of like how the mpv.io docs work
4. As these controls are changed, make them directly affect the embedded `libmpv` so users can see their changes in realtime, at least for the ones related to video output

For bonus points you could even support switching between a few sample files or using your own, or toggling audio on and off so you can hear the effects of the audio-related options.

Anyway, an approach like that will be stable and future-resistant without much “updating” effort, and also comprehensive (will cover every option).
>>
Reposting:
I haven't updated mpv in just about a year (v0.20.0)
What should I expect? Were there many major changes? Will all my configs break?
>>
>>61514132
I asked the same thing earlier.
Improvements. Maybe. Not yet.
>>
wait lol why wouldnt you just use VLC?
>>
Do mpv screenshots omit any graphical settings? As in if I wanted the highest quality screenshot should I just use ShareX/printscreen rather than "s"?
>>
>>61514182
ikr, like lol XD
>>
is there a good frontend for windows yet?
>>
>>61512985
>mpv seems to be callable even outside the PATH on Lua scripts, idk why (at least on windows).
How did you start mpv? The working dir might be the mpv dir
>>
>>61514217
mpc-qt is a wip but looks promising
>>
>>61514198
yes. you can use ctrl+s to take a screenshot of the window.
>>
>>61512985
Looks cool, a few suggestions:

1. Support changing the crop points by clicking. (If A is unset, set A. Otherwise, if B is unset, set B. Otherwise, set whichever one was closest to the clicked point)

2. Set 'script_name' so users can change the settings in ~/.mpv/lua-settings

3. Make the “encode successful” notification less huge. It's absolutely monstrous in size here. Can't you pick the default OSD font size, the one normal notifications use?

4. Use two-pass encode instead of hard-coding the bitrate/CRF and target the exact file size requirements for 4chan
>>
>>61513396
H.264 requires paying royalties to use. That's why VP* exist.
>>
>>61514260
Thanks, so does it just ignore everything and shot it exactly as the file inputs?
>>
>>61514198
s and S both go through libswscale, which is low quality.

ctrl+s takes a raw screenshot of the mpv window (same as printscreen key), but it will also include e.g. black bars, color management, OSD messages and so on.
>>
>>61514418
>s and S both go through libswscale, which is low quality.
why is that, anyway? speed/simplicity?
>>
>>61514451
Simplicity/compatibility. Speed is irrelevant for screenshots, and vo_opengl is probably faster than libswscale anyway.

s and S take a “raw” screenshot directly from the source, without all of the processing by the VO. It's not supposed to be affected by VO options, either. It's also supposed to work even with other VOs like vo=vdpau or vo=x11. (But that wouldn't be a huge deal, it could always fall back to swscale if the VOCTRL is unimplemented)

Basically, the code hasn't been written yet, and the screenshot code dates back to before mpv existed (iirc).
>>
>>61514496
Oh right, taking a screenshot with the VO would also require FBOs which is not implemented on all platforms. So it wouldn't work anywhere, and the swscale code would be needed as a fallback either way.
>>
>>61514418
Okay thanks mate. Actually made me want to compare. Here's the dif on BD bloatgirls. Set to jpeg=90 (default). Barely noticeable difference.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/216547
>>
test
>>
>>61512985
>>61514383
So is this any better than Webm4Retards? I can see it's supposed to be faster since it's integrated right into mpv, but W4R is just stupidly easy to use.
>>
>>61514569
W4R is windows only.
>>
hwdec for VP9?
CPU: i5 6600k
GPU: RX 480 8GB
>>
>>61514509
if the source had banding there would be more of a difference (though perhaps not so much for JPEG screenshots)
>>
>>61514509
It depends on the file and your settings whether you should expect a difference.

Notably, even if the size of the output is the same, using the VO gives you:
1. debanding
2. high quality dithering
3. `cscale` works
4. correct chroma offsets
5. support for files with unusual colorspaces (e.g. HDR, or BT.2020) which will be tone-mapped accordingly
>>
>>61511278
>Nice work faggot.
Please don't forget to use a comma in the vocative case.

Names, places or objects that are being addressed directly are said to be in the vocative case. When somebody is being spoken to directly, his/her name must be separated from the rest of the sentence with a comma.

Correct:
"Nice work, faggot."

I know you can do it, Anon. :)
>>
>>61514383
>can't you pick the default osd font size?
this is the default osd font size, and i do try to show it with a different font size, but it doesn't work. this is the function that shows the message:
message = function(text, duration)
local ass = mp.get_property_osd("osd-ass-cc/0")
ass = ass .. "{\\fs" .. tostring(options.font_size) .. "}"
ass = ass .. text
mp.osd_message(ass, duration or options.message_duration)
end

i'd love to know if anyone has a clue as to why this doesn't work.

will work on the other suggestions later.

>>61514218
double-clicking a file on explorer.
>>
>>61514582
ayy. the one time where windows win.
>>61514680
well i mean nobody releases anime BD in anything but 10-bit nowadays, so banding shouldn't be a problem outside of current airing Horrible/fansubs. actually here's a HS compare. this time with highest quality PNG. just about everything is ewa_lanczos
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/216552
>>61514792
I just wanted to see if mpv screenshots were affected by the various settings. Doesn't seem to matter that much after all, so I can just use "s" without worry.
>>
>>61514398
To decode and encode, I understand, but to serve?
>>
>>61514846
That code works. In fact, *removing* it solves my issue, because now it will use the default OSD size instead of your huge setting.
>>
>>61514582
>webm for *retards* is windows only
Honestly surprised it doesn't also support OS X
>>
File: devilish.jpg (191KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
devilish.jpg
191KB, 470x595px
>>61515052
>>
>>61515040
>removing it solves my issue
removing which part? this exact font size is also used on the other menus, but it uses assdraw instead of osd_message.
>>
File: AutismTrigger.gif (121KB, 297x513px) Image search: [Google]
AutismTrigger.gif
121KB, 297x513px
Is there any option to make ffmpeg/mpv encode webms with the correct colormatrix or does vp8 just not support bt.709?
>>
>>61515096
Those parts actually show up too small on my system, btw

>removing which part?
This line: ass = ass .. "{\\fs" .. tostring(options.font_size) .. "}"

I commented it out and now the output is normal-sized, rather than being so gigantic that it spans over several lines because it doesn't even fit on my monitor horizontally
>>
>>61515240
VP8 only suports BT.601, you need to convert it to the right colorspace
>>
>>61515268
Is there ur .moon file somewhere
>>
>>61515096
>>61515268
Y'alls configs differ on the OSD font size. If you did pure AS with mp.mp.set_osd_ass(w, h, ass_text) you could reach a unified resolution.
>>
>>61515375
but shouldn't the font sizes be the same when using ASS with mp.osd_message and mp.set_osd_ass? they seem to be completely unrelated - for me, {\fs24} on osd_message is over twice as big as {\fs24} on set_osd_ass.
>>
>>61515426
What makes you think that? `osd_message` shows an OSD message, using the user's OSD settings.

`set_osd_ass` draws some raw ASS. Of course they're completely different. The correct solution would be to use `osd_message` with NO metadata for the notification messages, and `osd_draw_ass` for whatever else you need to draw
>>
>>61515426
Nope, look into the monster that is osc.lua. Or was it defaults.lua... Anyhow, the osd_message is in Lua somewhere in the player/lua directory. osc.lua at the very least has the logic on scaling the osc (and by extension, osd). It's also a good source for tricks for working with display-related stuff (but it's kind of ugly; could be neater).
>>
File: 1500306616165.png (475KB, 814x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500306616165.png
475KB, 814x720px
>>61515450
>>61515465
damn. well, i'll just stop trying to change the font size for simple messages. thanks.
>>
>>61515356
So I'll just have to live with the color shift until 4chan supports vp9 then?
>>
>>61515560
No prob. I didn't get hated by /mpv/ for just dicking around, you know.

>>61515574
That's the practical way, yes.
>>
>>61514662
Bump
>>
>>61515574
Or you could insert the right conversion filter
>>
>>61512985
>>61514383
updated the script again, now setting options from ~/.mpv/lua-settings should work, and added 2-pass encoding with target filesize, which should improve the quality. dropped ffmpeg.

now i'm going to sleep, it's 1am over here. goodnight, /g/.
>>
>>61516077
Fantastic, thanks
>>
>>61516077
Good good anon, thanks.
>>
RTFM but couldn't find an answer to my question. Need to make a profile for high-res video that disables opengl-shaders cause my machine can't handle them for 4k.
What's the command for disabling them?
>>
>>61516524
opengl-shaders-clr
>>
>>61516077
Thanks anon.
It works great.
>>
VP9 and opus support fucking when.
Fucking jap I swear.
>>
>>61516077
Audio when?
>>
Brainlet here. How can I make videos loop by default?
>>
>>61516077
>target filesize
Fuck yea, I was getting fed up with dicking around with ffmpeg's crappy -fs command.
>>
>>61515574
I did a quick search. Just add a filter to convert bt709 to bt601. My tests aren't perfectly 1:1 but a whole lot closer (just some random anime, I have no files designed for tests)

>>61517162
...but it does do audio?

>>61517287
Add loop-file in config. Any command-line options can be added in the config.
>>
Just noticed mpv switch scale to bilinear when playing native. Is that better than others?
>>
>>61517398
If you aren't scaling at all then you don't need an intensive scaling algo
>>
>>61517413
But my placebo!
>>
>>61517301
BT.709 -> BT.601 for VP8
>>
>>61517301
>>61517622
Not specifying the conversion (letting mpv output BT.601 for VP8)
Not worldchanging but it's a good thing to add. VP9 and h.264 can handle BT.709 and I think I'm not going to try and support weird-ass colorspaces (ie. non-BT); mpv can handle that for me, even if it's not proper.
>>
>>61516077
Thank you :3
>>
File: reds.gif (873KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
reds.gif
873KB, 960x540px
>>61517657
Yeah it's more noticeable in scenes with a lot of red. I just added
  if mp.get_property_native("video-params/colormatrix") =="bt.709" then
append(filters, {
"colormatrix=bt709:bt601"
})
end

around line 400 and everythings been daijoubu so far
>>
I wonder what TV haasn have.
>>
Are there any rules of thumb for video length and stuff given 4chan's size restrictions?
>>
>>61512985
I cannot use subtitles with this script. Is there something wrong with my mpv install or do I need some other stuff configured?
mpv \[HorribleSubs\]\ Aho\ Girl\ -\ 01\ \[720p\].mkv --start=0:00:05.130 --end=0:00:06.548 --vid=1 --aid=1 --sid=1 --vf lavfi=[subtitles='\[HorribleSubs\] Aho Girl - 01 \[720p\].mkv':si=0] --ovc=libvpx --oac=libvorbis --ovcopts-add=threads=4 --ovcopts-add=b=14104k --audio=no --sub=no --ovcopts-add=crf=10 --ovcopts-add=flags=+pass1 -of=webm -o=/dev/nullPlaying: [HorribleSubs] Aho Girl - 01 [720p].mkv
(+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264)
Audio --aid=1 --alang=jpn (*) (aac)
Subs --sid=1 --slang=eng (*) (ass)
Opening video filter: [lavfi graph=subtitles=\[HorribleSubs\] Aho Girl - 01 \[720p\].mkv:si=0]
[ffmpeg] No such filter: 'subtitles'
[lavfi] Can't configure libavfilter graph.
Video filter chain:
[in] 1280x720 yuv420p bt.709/bt.709/bt.1886/limited CL=mpeg2/4/h264
[lavfi] "lavfi.00" 1280x720 yuv420p bt.709/bt.709/bt.1886/limited CL=mpeg2/4/h264 <---
[out] ???
Cannot initialize video filters.
Could not initialize video chain.
Video: no video

Other than that the script works great. Really smooth to use.
>>
If I use video-sync=desplay-resample on Windows mpv drops frames at the beginning and audio and video are not synchronized. Why? Tried on Linux and this is not happening.
>>
>>61518768
maybe a problem with your drivers
>>
>>61518809
I've already updated nvdia drivers but that is still happening.
>>
>>61518855
Try opengl-backend=dxinterop
>>
>>61518399
Not really I think, it really depends on how active your webm is. Just downscale the resolution if you increase the length. And try to get as close as possible to the 3MB limit if your webm is anything but simple. I generally just go to a resolution of 400p vertical or so, it's not too small that you need to squint, but it's still significantly smaller that the bitrate has enough for each frame. And personally I think webms should be about 20 seconds long, anything above that is more for a youtube video.
>>
>>61518745
1) What operating system are you on.
2) When and how did you install mpv?
>>
>>61513977
>Looking at the source code, it's no wonder it got abandoned. He actually tried to hard-code the options and values for every single mpv option. That is absolutely not the right approach to an mpv configurator. If anybody wants to do it properly, here's what you *should* do:
Well people told him this from the beginning and he claimed he wanted to switch to this eventually. However, for the time being he wanted to do it by hand, so it was on purpose.
>>
>>61518399
trying again

>>61519004
The real difficult thing seems to be getting it close to the 3MB limit since sometimes it overshoots the target size for reasons I haven't quite figured out (possibly my fault).
>>
>>61519161
>The real difficult thing seems to be getting it close to the 3MB limit since sometimes it overshoots the target size for reasons I haven't quite figured out (possibly my fault).
Pretty sure that's just ffmpeg. There are several options that should limit the filesize, but ffmpeg likes to ignore those if it means a slightly better video. Best you can do is calculate the average bitrate you should have for that length, and give ffmpeg that and hope for the best. Or just take that average and lower it by 5-10% to be safe.
>>
>>61519187
Looks like the current version of the script (the one using mpv instead of ffmpeg) calculates the bitrate manually, so in theory the problem shouldn't happen anymore? I can't remember if I've ran into the issue on the newer version, kind of scatter brained at the moment.
>>
>>61519013
Ubuntu, I updated mpv when the new option config came out. I'll see if updating helps.

Btw if someone wants to add audio toggle by mute propery to the script try this.
--line 19 edit format to add mute tag %M
output_format = "%F-[%s-%e]%M",

--line 29 edit additional flags to remove audio no
additional_flags = "--sub=no --ovcopts-add=crf=10",

--line 284 add to replacetable, add , to end of previous
["%%M"] = mp.get_property_native('mute') and '' or '-audio'

--line 431 create new if statement for appending audio flag to command
if mp.get_property_native('mute') then
append(command, {'--audio=no'})
end
With this you can create two of the same clip one muted and one without, just toggle mute property between encodes. If you don't care about replacing with filename just the if statement is enough.
>>
>>61514517
>>61514846
>>61515268
>>61515450

It's kinda funny how first people were waiting for this one uber webm script from this guy that suddenly went "wahh, don't steal me stuff" and then, only days later, anons put together a working alternative.
Maybe not looking as neat, maybe "uglier" code but absolutely works sufficiently, is free and available today. That's why collaboration and open source is great.
>>
>>61519219
In the end mpv still uses ffmpeg to encode though, right? I can see it giving you files that are slightly above the required filesize. Only way to find out is by just testing it though.
>>
>>61518768
Try lowering the swapchain latency with --angle-max-frame-latency=2 or --angle-max-frame-latency=1
>>
So, on that webm script, I'm performing scaling by adding
--vf-add=lavfi-scale=640:-2

to the 'additional flags'. I'm much more familiar with ffmpeg than mpv, so that said, is this the right way to do this (I'm referring specifically to the use of -vf-add vs just -vf)? Is there some better obvious way I'm missing?

By the way, I'm using the lavfi version of scale cause the mpv manual says its better than the built in one.

>>61519220
Kick ass!

>>61519222
Shame we can't do pull requests on gists.

Was the other anon not going to upload his as Open Source?

>>61519260
Well there's two ways to set a size limit in ffmpeg. One is to use the -fs command which will just stop the encoding once it reaches that size (effectively trimming the video). The other way is to actually take the time interval use it to compute the a constant bitrate for video (and audio) so that it will add up to the size limit.

Skimming through the code it looks like anon is using an mpv version of the latter technique. I'm still testing it but it seems like it can get pretty close to the target_filesize.
>>
>>61519471
>The other way is to actually take the time interval use it to compute the a constant bitrate for video (and audio) so that it will add up to the size limit.
>
>Skimming through the code it looks like anon is using an mpv version of the latter technique. I'm still testing it but it seems like it can get pretty close to the target_filesize.
Yeah, I know this. Problem is, with both techniques ffmpeg sometimes just ignores it. At least, that's my experience with writing batch scripts for webms. It seems ffmpeg is not build for trying to make files a specific filesize. Two-pass encoding is supposed to be for that, but even that occasionally misses the filesize limit.
>>
>>61519471
>Was the other anon not going to upload his as Open Source?
Nope. He said he wont do it because there is no gain for him doing that. He never intended to. He just likes to show off.
>>
>>61514182
I actually switched from VLC to MPV, since VLC pretty much "broke" for my intended usage.

I own a Dreambox and was using a small script to convert the recordings (and I'm recording a lot since I don't watch live TV anymore) and TV-Bouquet to a playlist usuable with VLC, so I can stream the recordings (or the TV program) in a small window (or fullscreen what I hardly do) to my computer (a Mac Book). I did it this way, since the available (Mac) software for such tasks is crap.

But a few versions earlier VLC changed something that messed up streamed playback (usually .ts recordings with mpeg2 video or h.264 for HD) for good. When pausing a movie and resuming it later the audio was out of sync every single time. FFMpeg or MPV didn't have such problems.

So I changed my crappy little shell script to output a Zenity option list and use it this way in combination with MPV.
>>
>>61519471
He was fidgeting around and claimed he's scared other people might take his work without "giving back to him".
>>
Anyone got any hints for me to get vp9 hwdec working on Windows?

My last posts from thread last night:
>>61505796
>>61505875
>>
the latest mpv build from lachs0r for win64 fucks upp all text that mpv displays, that is the subs and menu text. any reason or fix or should I keep using the previous version?
>>
>>61519728
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/4630
???

I guess try downgrading to 0.25? I'm not on Wangblows so I have no idea, sorry,
>>
I'm having no time stats with mpv-stats on both windows and linux. I'm using mpv 0.25 and corresponding mpv-stats.
>>
>>61520045
Good.
>>
>>61511211
MPV is the fidget spinner of video players
>>
If I want to build the git-master version by using the mpv-build scripts on official git, should I remove all 4 mpv, mpv-libs, libass and ffmpeg packages which already exist in my system?
>>
>>61518900
>>61519300
Didn't work
>>
morning /g/

>>61518018
added it, thanks.

>>61519220
you don't need to add the if statement, because only_active_tracks already takes care of this (so the audio track is only encoded if active ie. unmuted), removing the --audio=no should be enough. added the %M tag to the code.

>>61519471
>to the use of --vf-add vs --vf
--vf-add is the right way, as only --vf would override the previous filters (subtitle, color conversion etc), i think

>compute a constant bitrate
sort of, currently it tries to use vp8/vp9 constrained quality - trying to reach a certain quality, but not going over the bitrate. i don't know if constant bitrate would be better.
http://wiki.webmproject.org/ffmpeg/vp9-encoding-guide (link is for vp9, but it seems to be similar for vp8)

>>61518745
>>61519220
maybe try updating ffmpeg, as it isn't linked statically to mpv on linux afaik. or search for libavfilter related packages.
>>
>>61519222
It's kinda funny how you ignore that I was trying to get people do this exact thing. Read the thread!

>>61519471
I will upload it, when it's done.

>>61519563
Stop spreading lies.
>>61519606
To which no one reassured me this is not a concern, instead i get told to fuck off.

>>61519161
You'll want to undershoot the target a bit (Zehkul does * 0.85, iirc?), keep sure you're flipping bytes and bits around properly (you seem to be) and in the case of audio, take that into account (mpv's default 144kbit/s is a significant chunk on longer clips!).
AND, most importantly, set maxrate & minrate to further constrain libvpx to the bitrate.

Here's a 1-pass from mine. targeting 3MB (with ~21 seconds, targeting ~1125 000 bits per second). I don't use target-size much, but I have great luck in reaching the target without overshooting (this is undershooting, even, which is not optimal), just remember those max/min constraints!
2-pass libvpx results look a bit worse on my end; all I'm doing is adding the pass=1/2 flags so I may be doing something wrong, but I generally roll with CRF anyhow.
>>
>>61520045
No you are not.
>>
>>61521163
>It's kinda funny how you ignore that I was trying to get people do this exact thing. Read the thread!

Yeah, but with your script and you as "main develper" in the focus of attention. :) Now they happily used someone else and you are as unimportant as you deserve.
Damn, this whole thing could've been so good for you but you were just too autistic.
>>
File: 06695275.jpg (14KB, 279x267px) Image search: [Google]
06695275.jpg
14KB, 279x267px
>>61521163
>>
Does anybody here have a working AMD machine and is able to compile stuff from source?
>>
>>61521161
>because only_active_tracks already takes care of this

Oh nice, I didn't think of that

>maybe try updating ffmpeg
This worked thanks. I had some really shitty ffmpeg version.
>>
>>61519220
You can use `diff -u <original> <edited>` to output changes like these in a more useful form
>>
>>61521921
Or just `git diff`, assuming you're editing this shit inside the git tree
>>
>>61521428
Anon, I told people to make a script. Did you entirely miss that point? Sure, it may be a coincidence of timing, but now that I see there are people capable of scripting Lua, I'm glad.
You're just stuck with that negative mindset, hope you'll get better.
>>
>>61521935
Tell that to yourself when you cry at night, sweety.
>>
>>61521972
You should at least try to argue or you'll just come off as a weak contrarian. It's boring if you default to cliches.
>>
>>61522045
Stop posting pls.
>>
>>61511829
how do you use the script? there is something binded to W but it just says panscan 0.000
>>
>>61522388
w is defaulted to panscan
W is the key bound to the script
hold shift
>>
File: 1500307396025.png (717KB, 903x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1500307396025.png
717KB, 903x1019px
>>61521163
eh, i've added a strict filesize mode, but it seems to be only a bit better than setting -crf and the video bitrate: output filesizes are still inconsistent. this is the relevant code.
options =
-- Target filesize, in kB.
target_filesize: 2500
strict_filesize_constraint: true
strict_bitrate_multiplier: 0.95
-- In kilobits.
strict_audio_bitrate: 64

dT = endTime - startTime
if options.strict_filesize_constraint
-- Calculate video bitrate, assume audio is (somewhat) constant.
video_kilobits = options.target_filesize * 8
if aid >= 0 -- compensate for audio
video_kilobits = video_kilobits - dT * options.strict_audio_bitrate
append(command, {
"--oacopts-add=b=#{options.strict_audio_bitrate}k"
})
video_kilobits *= options.strict_bitrate_multiplier
bitrate = math.floor(video_kilobits / dT)
append(command, {
"--ovcopts-add=b=#{bitrate}k",
"--ovcopts-add=minrate=#{bitrate}k",
"--ovcopts-add=maxrate=#{bitrate}k",
})
else
-- Loosely set the video bitrate.
bitrate = math.floor(options.target_filesize * 8 / dT)
append(command, {
"--ovcopts-add=b=#{bitrate}k"
})

1pass seems to make it a little more consistent, i need to test it more though.
>>
>>61511211
>profile=opengl-hq
>cscale=ewa_lanczos
>scale=ewa_lanczossharp
i dont see a difference
>>
So is opengl-hq the best on Windows with an AMD GPU?
>>
>>61522699
>>61522699
>https://diff.pics/hfXh77QRc5st/1
Can you try changing it to this?
>>
>>61522699
Are you upscaling?
>>
File: comparison.png (393KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
393KB, 800x600px
>>61522699
Well damn, sorry for your blindness
>>
>>61521163
>o which no one reassured me this is not a concern, instead i get told to fuck off.
I remember that thread, people were responding to all your different "arguments" then you just replied something like "I know it's not rational" and carried on being a faggot trying to attention whore and make as much drama as possible.
>>
File: comparison.png (221KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
221KB, 512x512px
>>61522832
Herp, wrong comparison
>>
>>61522785
im not the guy you replied to but the mitchell thing looks better imo
>>
Why does HDR to SBR looks really off with MPV?
I'm using the latest build all default settings
>>
>>61522699
Use this clip https://0x0.st/srx.mkv
>>
>>61522962
Screenshot?
>>
>>61523016
OK give me a sec.
How do I take screenshots with MPV?
>>
>>61523041
ctrl+S
>>
>>61522962
Try "hdr-tone-mapping=100" or lower.
>>
>>61523048
ctrl+S =/= ctrl+s
>>
>>61523068
It was a typo
>>61523064
??? That's an invalid option
>>
>>61522941
In mpv or just the website?
>>
>>61523081
You should doublecheck you posts then if you make typos for commands.
>>
>>61523093
just the website
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (506KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
506KB, 1920x1080px
>>61523016
>>
File: 1500734523594.png (2MB, 1720x860px) Image search: [Google]
1500734523594.png
2MB, 1720x860px
SSSR fanboys btfo.

FineSharp master race
>>
>>61523081
hdr-tone-mapping=<value>
Specifies the algorithm used for tone-mapping HDR images onto the target display. Valid values are:

clip
Hard-clip any out-of-range values. Use this when you care about perfect color accuracy for in-range values at the cost of completely distorting out-of-range values. Not generally recommended.
mobius
Generalization of Reinhard to a Möbius transform with linear section. Smoothly maps out-of-range values while retaining contrast and colors for in-range material as much as possible. Use this when you care about color accuracy more than detail preservation. This is somewhere in between clip and reinhard, depending on the value of --tone-mapping-param. (default)
reinhard
Reinhard tone mapping algorithm. Very simple continuous curve. Preserves overall image brightness but uses nonlinear contrast, which results in flattening of details and degradation in color accuracy.
hable
Similar to reinhard but preserves both dark and bright details better (slightly sigmoidal), at the cost of slightly darkening everything. Developed by John Hable for use in video games. Use this when you care about detail preservation more than color/brightness accuracy. This is roughly equivalent to --hdr-tone-mapping=reinhard --tone-mapping-param=0.24.
gamma
Fits a logarithmic transfer between the tone curves.
linear
Linearly stretches the entire reference gamut to (a linear multiple of) the display.
>>
>>61523129
Is that the “world in HDR” clip? It's oversaturated as _FUCK_
>>
>>61523129
Try hdr-tone-mapping=mobius
>>
>>61523011
i think mpv doesnt pick up my config

what am i doing wrong?
i created a file under ~.config/mpv/mpv.config with the config from the OP
>>
>>61523140
Yes, as you can clearly see, “100” is not a valid choice
>>
>>61523152
Maybe because you don't have a HDR display?
>>
>>61523162
Maybe you should try spelling the fucking filename correctly. How hard can it be?
>>
File: Capture.png (3MB, 1911x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3MB, 1911x1075px
>>61523152
Yes, it looks like this in madvr default settings.
>>
>>61523171
What does that have to do with the saturation?
>>
>>61523168
See >>61523153
>>
>>61523183
Sounds like you want to be using --hdr-tone-mapping=hable

That works better for oversaturated clips but it will make everything “too dark”
>>
>>61523162
Is "mpv.conf" retard.
>>
>>61523153
That's the default setting...
>>
>>61523129
Looks like a tone-mapping problem.
>>
>>61523189
Your display will try to show colors it can represent and it will end up like an oversaturated mess
>>
>>61523136
>it's not SSSR
retard btfo
>>
>>61523239
*it can't
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
483KB, 1920x1080px
>>61523203
it looks better now
>>
>>61523183
>>61523332
you're comparing a 3.2MiB png to a 482.6KiB jpg
>>
>>61523380
it doesn't matter, you autist.
>>
>>61523392
o-ok
>>
>>61523211
>>61523175
sry wrong name was only in my post

this is the output i get when playing the file
VO: [opengl] must be opengl-hq right?
mpv srx.mkv 
Playing: srx.mkv
[mkv] Discarding potentially broken or useless index.
(+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264 1280x720 23.976fps)
(+) Audio --aid=1 --alang=jpn (*) 'Japanese 2.0' (aac 2ch 48000Hz)
Audio --aid=2 --alang=eng 'English 2.0' (aac 2ch 48000Hz)
(+) Subs --sid=1 --slang=eng (*) 'English Subs' (ass)
AO: [pulse] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
VO: [opengl] 1280x720 yuv420p10
AV: 00:00:01 / 00:00:01 (95%) A-V: 0.000
>>
>>61523423
No.

Post useful information, such as the full -v output.
>>
>>61523423
profile=opengl-hq
There's a manual you know:
https://mpv.io/manual/stable/
>>
>>61523239
The display limitations have nothing to do with the fact that the clip is oversaturated..
>>
File: FUCK-YOU.jpg (3MB, 7559x2160px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK-YOU.jpg
3MB, 7559x2160px
LOOONEPS GNU/CUKS FUCK OFF
YOUR SHIT IS INFERIOR

>Open GL upscaling
IS SHIT
>GPU Algorithms
ARE SHIT

CPU based upscaling and filtering ARE SUPERIOR.
And also have GUI
SUCC
>>
>>61521161
Btw you should change the %M to this
mp.get_property_native('aid') and not mp.get_property_native('mute') and '-audio' or ''
So that if there is no track there is no -audio tag even if video is not muted
>>
>>61523592
Whats your config?
>>
>>61523592
mpc-hc subs look like shit compared to mpv. also this >>61523608
>>
>>61523592
If you're in the business of thinking slow = good, you can use --scale-radius=16 to make everything slow as shit

That'll be almost as good as pretending you're using CPU scaling
>>
>>61523592
How do mpcucks put up with such shitty blurry subs?
>>
>>61523592
mpv is a larger resolution, so it's factually better :^)
>>
File: MPC.jpg (3MB, 3840x4332px) Image search: [Google]
MPC.jpg
3MB, 3840x4332px
I gave it another clean shot.
Does it work better in fullscreen? This time around it is almost as good. (still notice bottom left corner banding)

>>61523608
>Whats your config?
Upscaling algorithms all high NGU Standard high
Post processing
>Crispen edges 1.5
>thin edges 1
>soften edges 3
>Luma sharpen
>Adaptive sharpen
>anti-bloating 100%
>anti ringing 100%
Important
>Refine Image only once after upscaling (every 2x step kills the performance to death)
>>61523663
>business of thinking slow = good
Dont be salty.
My golden fucking 2500K with 1600Mhz ram cuts it for playback just fine.
>>61523713
I give you that one, subs are actually better.
>>
>>61524074
MPC top
MPV bottom

>Also notice abhorrent stepping gradient on her cheek blush
>>
>>61524074
No, your config for mpv.
>>
>>61524109
The one that came with
>Windows builds by shinchiro
>>
How do I make one key to two things? I want ESC to "set fullscreen no" and "pause" (in that order).
>>
>>61524165
What's in it? Care to post?
>>
File: mpv.jpg (67KB, 1097x156px) Image search: [Google]
mpv.jpg
67KB, 1097x156px
>>61511342
>not wanting ridiculously low CPU usage from your Twitch streams
are your mom and dad actually brother and sister?
>>
>>61524198
Where is it?
>>
>>61524187
try
ESC cycle-values fs PAUSE
?
>>
>>61524239
Wow, learn how to properly configure mpv for quality before throwing a fit next time.
>>
>>61524259
nvm this wont work
>>
>>61524239
Either the folder where mpv.exe is, or C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\mpv\
>>
>>61524074
But anon, madVR uses your GPU. Why are you using it?
>>
>>61524235
>moving work from the CPU to the GPU while introducing bugs, glitches and reducing the quality
yeah no thanks
>>
>>61524397
>But anon, madVR uses your GPU. Why are you using it?
All the COOL upscaling algorithms are CPU based.
>>
>>61524459
Ah yes, like watercolor2x? :^)
>>
File: 81310573.jpg (44KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
81310573.jpg
44KB, 409x393px
>>61524074
>>Crispen edges 1.5
>>thin edges 1
>>soften edges 3
>>Luma sharpen
>>Adaptive sharpen
>>anti-bloating 100%
>>anti ringing 100%
Way to destroy the source.
>>
>>61524459
>All the COOL upscaling algorithms are CPU based.
madVR is GPU only, dumbass. It doesnt use your CPU.
>>
>>61524074
>>61524109
Hello? Not him, but I'm interested as well.
>>
>>61524516
>>61524109
If he didnt run profile-hq.bat then its at defaults ie bilinear. He also needs to compare images upscaled because unscaled there is only chroma and some madVR enhancement options that work.
>>
>>61524550
What does profile-hq.bat enable?
>>
>>61524583
profile=opengl-hq
>>
>>61524590
Wew lad, that's terrible.
>>
>>61523608
>>61523636
>>61523663
>>61523713
>>61523756
REMINDER >>61479064
He's obviously baiting.
>>
Holy shit the fuck am I dreaming?
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commits/dr-final
>>
>>61524165
>>61524239
>Comparing bilinear to ngu
So this is the intellect of the madvr users.
>>
>>61524641
DR WIP. It would help if somebody could test it. I especially want to know if using non-coherent mappings could result in a performance boost. It doesn't seem to make a difference on nvidia, but maybe AMD?
>>
>>61524684
I'm retarded, what does this mean to mpv?
Better performance?
>>
>>61524661
You could tell he is not very bright by all of the image enhancements he uses...
>>61524641
I dont know how github works, when will it hit master branch?
>>
>>61524729
When is verified
>>
>there's no GUI options
>there's no CONFIG file in the directory
>there's no CONFIG file in .appdata roaming
>there's no windows tutorial where the fuck CONFIG is

And this is the reason that THE YEAR OF LINUX DESKTOP will never come.
It's like you dont want people to use your software.
>>
>>61524805
There are plenty of options for the GUI.
>>
>>61524705
1. Possibly slightly lower CPU usage when using swdec
2. Less memory bandwidth (in theory)
3. Possibly more consistent frame upload times
4. Maybe faster frame uploads on platforms where the current opengl-pbo code is slow

Hard to say. On nvidia I don't think the difference to the current code is really measurable, except for in theory lower overhead. But it might matter more for other platforms.
>>
>>61524819
See >>61479064
>>
>>61524805
But I'll tell you what there *IS*:

>A link to documentation explaining exactly what you seem to be asking
>>
>>61524819
Am i supposed to get or create the config file?
I downloaded this https://github.com/Argon-/mpv-config

Do i just drop it in there or do something to activate?
>>
>>61524859
I just like responding to stupid questions with technically correct answers. Relax.
>>61524883
Yes.
>>
>>61524883
Or you can just create a .txt and save it as .conf
You need to paste it in the same folder as mpv.exe to work
>>
>>61524914
>You need to paste it in the same folder as mpv.exe to work
No you don't.
>>
File: 34534534534.png (38KB, 1921x1040px) Image search: [Google]
34534534534.png
38KB, 1921x1040px
>>61524921
Yes you do, stop shitposting m8, or you can create a folder inside the mpv folder and name it mpv like pic related.
>>
Instruction for retards:
>get shinchiro's x64 build
>extract it
>run configure-opengl-hq.bat in installer folder (skip this step if your GPU is absolute trash)
>run mpv.exe
>drag a video on it and it will play
>if you want to doubleclick videos to play in mpv then run mpv-install.bat in installer folder
>you can also right click video and select mpv.exe as default program to open this file type
Just how hard is this???
>>
>>61521161
Is there any way we can contribute to your script? It's not much but I've added some quick toggles for audio and hardsubs.
>>
>>61524990
I have my mpv.conf not in the same directory as mpv.exe and it still works. You're fucking wrong.
>>
What are differences between shinchiro and lachs0r builds? I'm not sure which one I should download.
>>
So i have this as an mpv.conf in my folder.
Does it work right now?

##################
# video settings #
##################

# Specify default video driver (see --vo=help for a list).
vo=opengl-hq:dither-depth=16:scale=ewa_lanczossharp

# Software scaling
sws-scaler=lanczos

# Video filters
vf=hqdn3d=2:2:3,yadif=,scale=:768,lavfi=pp

# Deinterlacing
deinterlace=yes

# Start in fullscreen mode by default.
fs=yes

##################
# audio settings #
##################

# Specify default audio driver (see --ao=help for a list).
ao=pulse

# Change subtitle encoding. For Arabic subtitles use 'cp1256'.
# If the file seems to be valid UTF-8, prefer UTF-8.
sub-codepage=utf8:cp1256

# Addicitional settings!
vd-lavc-threads=4
monitorpixelaspect=1
osd-scale=1
no-sub-ass
sub-scale=0.5
cache=4096
index=default
audio-channels=2
af-add=scaletempo
softvol=yes
softvol-max=110
>>
>>61525014
>>61524990
Read the fucking manual both of you. You can place it in root folder with mpv.exe or create mpv folder or put it into appdata's mpv folder or specify path manually. The only difference is load priority.
>>
>>61525048
>Read the fucking manual both of you.
Why do I need to read the manual? I already know that. What you said means you don't need to place it in the same folder as mpv.exe.
>>
>>61525041
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

THE FUCKING NORMAL CONFIG IN THE OP

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK AND USES SOME GOOGLED GARBAGE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>61525041
That's ancient mate.
>>
>>61525041
dude what the actual fuck are you doing

this has _got_ to be a troll post
>>
>>61525004
It already works with mute(m) and hide subs(v)
>>
>>61525004
hmm, i might open a proper git repo, instead of using gist. then, a pull request should be enough. or publish it somewhere, and i'll add your changes manually.
>>
profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation

optimal config, everything else is meme garbage thoughtlessly copy pasted
>>
>>61524187
esc set fullscreen no; set pause yes
>>
File: 1450721937115.jpg (81KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
1450721937115.jpg
81KB, 379x364px
>>61525221
>interpolation
>>
>>61525221
I like blend-subtitles because of fancy anime subs that are mapped to geometry. I also have it said to use my icc profile. And set it to open in a convenient place. And have screenshots how I like them.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (185KB, 864x606px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
185KB, 864x606px
AM I DOING IT RIGHT?
>>
>>61525304
>deband=no
Madman. Though it depends on what you watch.
>>
File: beyond salvation.png (57KB, 1923x1040px) Image search: [Google]
beyond salvation.png
57KB, 1923x1040px
>>61525304
>text document
No, it's a conf file not a text document.
See pic related.
>>
>>61525323
Well at least at this point I actually got me a config file and it works?

Now i'll just slap more cool shit on.

Actually i like how the player works. It's snappy.
I wonder if it gets as MADvr.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170723-143719.png (446KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170723-143719.png
446KB, 1440x2560px
>>61525279
yes
>>61525291
blend-subtitles is a meme that doesn't make typesetting look better, but icc profile is fine
also have screenshots set to max compressed PNG w/ high bit depth
>>
>>61525304
If you don't know what it does don't use it.
Run mpv from the command line to check if you fucked up and it will tell you which settings are wrong. Do this if you change your config or update mpv.
>>
>>61525371
>blend-subtitles is a meme that doesn't make typesetting look better
I know? It does stop judder with moving subs though, which is why I use it.
>>
>>61525359
Oh fuck me stupid new shit in windows.
I fixed it now.
>>
>>61525371
>also have screenshots set to max compressed PNG
Thanks senpai, didn't even know that wasn't the default.
>>
>>61525221
That's objectively retarded config.
>>
>>61525436
What's objectively retarded about it?
>>
>>61525304
>windows users in charge of file extensions
>>
>>61525371
blend subs is only good for anime

>>61525371
it applies color management to subs as well. i remember seeing a comparison screen someone posted years ago.
>>
I'm really happy that ElegantMonkey stepped up and made a good all-in-one webm script, and that I-hate-free-software-anon is now bitter that he's reaping all the success.
>>61525098
Yes please that would be nice. Also you'll be able to have a proper README.
>>
>>61525095
I didn't like that I had to either hide the subs and mute the audio or change settings manually in the config.

>>61525098
https://www.diffchecker.com/bOWS9pyP
I don't really know anything about lua, nevermind moon so I've probably not done things the best way but it works I guess.
Also since you dropped ffmpeg from the script all encodes have been coming out saying they're 1000FPS.
>>
>>61525452
Fucking windows itself doesnt make it easier for me.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (18KB, 382x475px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
18KB, 382x475px
>>61525304
>>61525359
why do you hide your extensions?
>>
>>61525484
>Also since you dropped ffmpeg from the script all encodes have been coming out saying they're 1000FPS.
mpv says 1000 fps using zekhuls which also encodes with mpv. but mediainfo says the webms are 30.061 fps.
>>
>>61525496
Rather, windows users are the ones making everything hard for themselves (by using windows)
>>
>>61525452
>>61525359
>>61525505
OK OK
I FIGURED OUT ALREADY I FIXED IT

BTW
Interpolation seems to work wonders with movies and shit but looks cpappy on Anime, it's jerky, uneven and i feel like it puts blurry and corrupted shit in between the video frames.

Is there a way to make it work OK with Anime?
>>
>>61525530
This OS doesnt fall apart and die when you try to install soundcard drivers.
>>
>>61525484
i'm making a options page, to make more options changeable at runtime. i think adding hardsub there would be nice, but i'm not sure about the audio toggle (instead of just muting).

>>61525471
will put in a repo after i finish this option page, then.
>>
>>61525549
Try with oversample:
tscale=oversample
>>61525600
Thanks for the webm script
>>
>>61525371
>set to max compressed PNG
Why? I dont care about space so have compression on 0.
>>
>>61525444
No NGU.
>>
>>61525664
>BD
DVD looks better than this abomination.
>>
File: 1486713678494.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1486713678494.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>61525600
>spanish
>>
>>61525735
nice? what's the point when identical quality? you're not some CPUlet are you?
>>
File: 2017.07.23-22.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
2017.07.23-22.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>61525664
Thank you.

Actually I do like this now.

But GNU/guys really cant into confumer friendly enviroment.
>>
>>61525796
Here
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61524491
It looks better though.
>>
>>61526333
He was comparing NGU(MPC-HC) vs Bilinear(mpv), he's a retard.
>>
>>61526378
So? It still looks better.
>>
>>61525807
use smplayer, mpc-qt or gnome-mpv if you're too much of a retard to use mpv.
>>
>>61526333
Subjective. What do you like about it?
>>
>>61526389
>equating mpv's basic bitch scaler to NGU
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.png (805KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.png
805KB, 1920x1080px
After i did all this shit MPV actually does a better job and works snappy.

Now I will actually tell people how to use it.
I will ruin your faggot sekret club and you wont get to feel unique about using shit other people dont know about.

You wont feel special anymore and i hope it drives you to suicide.
>>
>>61526389
Looks better because he's comparing one of the best upscalers(NGU) against bilinear.
It seems you don't know much about this stuff.
>>
>>61526446
if you watch in a 1080p monitor and zoom 200% you can clearly see the text is more visible on the top image.

>>61526456
>>61526471

Yeah, and the guy >>61524491 was saying the soruce was destroyed when it looks better or at best similar to, stop posting retarded comments.
>>
>>61526468
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61526482
completely unrelated and also not an argument
>>
>>61526468
already linked the optimal config here retard >>61525221
>>
>>61526468
It still has too much banding, try:
deband-iterations=2
>sekret club
mpv has never been a muh secret club type of thing, everyone is welcome to use it and ask questions.
>>
>>61526509
I'm not trying to make an argument I'm making an statement here you dufus.
>>
>>61526482
Sharp = good, i got you man. You can relax now.
>>
>>61526537
Unless you're implying bilinear is good now.
>>
>>61526482
In your original post you said "It looks better though."
It looks better against what? bilinear? Anything looks better against bilinear.
>>
>>61526468
Can you post source screenshot?
>>
>>61526554
Damn you really are fucking stupid ain't you.
See >>61524491
What does it says?
>>
How to get the filename in the screenshot? right now i only get a number using %n
>>
>>61526560
Made in Abyss, an anime airing this season:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34599/Made_in_Abyss?q=made%20in%20
>>
>>61526519
sorry to break it to you mate, but you really are one dense fucker. mpv has multiple scalers, the default scaler is bilinear because it is fast and compatible. mpv has superior scaling algorithms like spline36 and ewa_lanczos: https://mpv.io/manual/stable/#options-scale
get a fucking clue about what you're fucking talking about before you attempt to act like you know shit.
>>
>>61526592
I mean i wanted the picture you used for comparison.
>>
>>61526574
screenshot-template="%f %P"
With that you will get the name of the file and time stamp like pic related.
>>
>>61526593
look, bud. I know about mpv, it's not a fucking secret.
Stop begin so fucking retarded and read >>61526568 before making stupid post.
>>
>>61526626
don't "bud" me you spastic. you still are clearly demonstrating that you know absolutely fucking nothing about the subject at hand.
>>
File: 2017.07.23-23.jpg (3MB, 3840x4326px) Image search: [Google]
2017.07.23-23.jpg
3MB, 3840x4326px
Yes with config MPV does a better job.

Also interpolation works much better
>>
>>61526648
yeah now try saying it without crying, bitch.
>>
>>61526649
i have reason to believe you've got these the wrong way round, mpv subtitles are sharper.
@61526652
now that he has realised that he knows jack shit, he resorts to childish outbursts. sad!
>>
>>61526649
why are the good mpv subs on the madvr pic?
>>
>>61526682
he's got the screenshots the wrong way around
>>
>>61526678
MPC-HC can use vsfilter, internal subtitle render, xysubfilter and assfiltermod which is based on libass.
In some of then you can change the resolution of the subtitles to make them look better or worse.

You guys are all stupid and are getting baited hard, like always.
>>
>>61526621
thanks man
>>
>>61526708
>baited
I honestly think the guys just that retarded
>>
>>61526732
I think the people getting baited are the retarded ones.
>>
>>61526741
what if the baiter is actually the baitee?
>>
>>61526682
>>61526678
FUCK ME SIDEWAYS I GOT THE IMAGES WRONG
>>
Then they are both retarded.
>>
>>61526741
there are enough retards that come through these threads that spout the same shit over and over again that it makes it less likely to be bait
>>
File: 1471561572021.png (363KB, 769x742px) Image search: [Google]
1471561572021.png
363KB, 769x742px
>>61526776
I'll fuck you sideways if you want.
>>
>>61526786
Why do you reply to the retards then, see the reminder in the OP.
>>
File: 1477660896195.png (58KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477660896195.png
58KB, 512x512px
>>61514662
Bump
>>
>>61526786
You guys are still stupid because it's easy as doing a copy paste of mpv settings and uploading the settings.bin file from madvr somewhere plus the original source screen-shot and proper comparisons can be done under 5 minutes but no, every time you must fall for it.
>>
2017.07.23-23.jpg
3MB, 3840x4326px
>>61526649
Here's the actual image.
>>
>>61514662
hwdec=no
>>
>>61526865
which is default
>>
>>61526856
nice b8
>>
>>61526649
I think you swapped the screenshots m8
>>
>>61526873
Yeah.
>>
File: 71896180.jpg (12KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
71896180.jpg
12KB, 220x180px
I have to post pic related much more often since mpc-hc died. Really makes you think.
>>
File: options_menu.webm (2MB, 1040x616px) Image search: [Google]
options_menu.webm
2MB, 1040x616px
>>61522837
I explained why I hadn't released the script yet. It was for my fear of being exploited.
I explained my fear of being exploited, understanding that it is irrational, yet a fear is a fear.
I explained myself instead of simply saying "lol just wait" because I prefer to know the reasoning if possible (and I had already told people to wait).
I gain nothing from "drama", but I will explain myself to the world's end, as long as people question. I'd prefer not to, though, since we have more interesting things to discuss:

>>61525484
>1000FPS
AFAIK (mostly guessing) that's a side-effect of --oautofps and/or (the possibility of) variable frame rate. The tagged fps is at 1000, but "actual" FPS will be sane - haven't had compatibility issues yet. One *could* specify the "actual" FPS with --ofps, but autofps is easier because of variable frame rates and other shit.

>>61525600
Options are great! However in my highly disvalued opinion, simply looking at subtitle/mute status is enough and additional keybinds for disabling the subs are redundant; just W, seek, quickly v W v and you're encoding and have the subs back already. But extra options never hurt anybody, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
2017.07.23-23.jpg
3MB, 3840x4326px
>>61526887
No.
The trick is that i swapped them TWICE and didn't notice.
>>
File: 1478458718495.png (624KB, 569x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478458718495.png
624KB, 569x720px
New thread >>61526939
>>
>>61526952
Thanks makiposter.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.