[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here running alternatives to ios/android? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Is anyone here running alternatives to ios/android? I'm looking for something new to escape muh botnet, but most projects seem to be abandoned or rarely discussed
>>
Been using BB10OS for the last couple years, never going back to Android.
>>
>>61500648
Can I install this on an android phone, or do I just buy blackberry?
>>
>>61500741
Buy a Blackberry. The devices are good for the price and the os is a good but not perfect alternative. It allows you to run android apps but the runtime only uses android 4.3
>>
>>61500741
You need a BlackBerry
>>
>>61500815
>>61500807
Thanks guys
>>
File: 349w3io.jpg (275KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
349w3io.jpg
275KB, 1080x1920px
>>61500636
yes
Sailfish OS is great
>>
>>61500636
bb10
you can get a brand new q10 for about 100 bucks, and it has replaceable battery so it'll never die on you
f droid for clover and you're good to go
>>
>>61500960
I'm on a OnePlus One btw, but on the Nexus 5 you can pirate the android app support
>>
See if you can install the mobile ubuntu
>>
if there was a dumb/feature phone with wifi tethering and 4G I would be all over that shit
>>
>>61500960
Sailfish is what Ubuntu Phone should've been.
>>
>>61501042
ubuntu touch is dead, but there's a community fork called ubports

I tried it on my OnePlus One and it was a laggy and buggy piece of shit with fewer apps than Sailfish
>>
>>61500960
What's the state of Sailfish OS these days?

Last time I used it about a year ago it was sluggish/slow as fuck, apps randomly crashed, buggy text chat, and generally it was a pile of broken shit.

I want a GNU phone but goddamn was it terribad a year ago
>>
>>61501227
sailfish isn't gnu
>>
>>61501227
it's much better now, it blows android out of the water desu
android just feels bloated, unintuitive, old, and sluggish now

remember, this was my experience on a community fork for the OnePlus One, so your mileage may vary

>>61501237
the UI, default apps, and store is closed-source, but the community is working on an open source UI, and it has the internals of a modern Linux distro
>>
>>61501250
I didn't type desu, ignore that
>>
>>61500815
Which one?
>>
>>61501268
it filters from nigger speech
>>
>>61501279
A Q5, Q10, P'9983, Passport, or Classic
>>
Just flash new ROM, like Lineage and do not install Gapps.
It is enough to escape botnet.
>>
>>61500636
I use Sailfish OS on my Nexus 5. Works fine for calls, texts, and music which is all that I use it for anyways.

>>61501268
nigger
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.