[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, there is something that bothers me. Why is that i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: After-Effects-Iron-Man-Avengers.jpg (158KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
After-Effects-Iron-Man-Avengers.jpg
158KB, 1400x787px
Hey /g/, there is something that bothers me.

Why is that i see so many people using and learning things like Photoshop, programming 3D modeling and animation or 2D animation and drawing but i don't see many "Motion graphic designers" or whatever they are called ? Like movies are like 150%CGI nowdays and every kind of movie uses some sort of CGI so wouldn't more people interested in this sort of stuff? I have been trying to learn some low-level After effects and this shit is fun as fuck, for sure compared to modelling and programming (even if programming is most of what i do). I am even considering trying to use more time of my days on learning more of AE and things like this. is it worth it? I wouldn't mind this becoming my job some day if it will keep being as fun as it is when i learn more about this sort of stuff.
>>
What the fuck are you talking about? Motion graphics, like most TV/film related fields, is extremely competitive and grueling. As an example, it is the norm for internships to be unpaid and there are lots of people competing for those positions. People competing to work for free. And because it's so competitive, you actually have to be good at what you do for a chance at a "real" job. Once you get that job, you're working long hours for pennies. I don't know where you are, but believe me, there are lots and lots of motion graphics people out there.

t. film school student
>>
>>61488314
>t. film school student
How is it going right now for ya?
>>
>>61488390
Probably should've mentioned I dropped out a few years ago when I realized how "passionate" you have to be about anything film/TV related to find success. That or have connections. Now I'm NEET but slowly learning Swift and heavily considering going back to school for computer science, or else grinding out personal projects to get a job.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.