[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal for my android phone to discharge this slowly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-07-21-02-16-40.png (111KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-21-02-16-40.png
111KB, 720x1280px
Is it normal for my android phone to discharge this slowly?

I currently have an lg k20 and am a little worried the battery stats is bot displaying correctly.

From 21:00 to 02:00 I have been playing games, browsing websites, and viewing youtube videos with the screen at 100% brightness using 4G LTE. However even with all that I only went from 92% to 56%.

My old more expebsive iPhone 6 would go from ~90% to ~15% for the same amount of work.

Where is my Android phone getting all this extra battery life from? The battery is only 49% bigger than on the iPhone 6 I had.

>tl;dr
Should I be worried?
>>
>>61485329
Install Gentoo.
>>
21:00 to 02:00 is 5 hours, You lost 36%. On a full battery you should get 13,8h SOT. Unless you can do magic, or you where looking at a black themed websites with an OLED screen from about 21 to 1 and games for one hour(over 20%/h power use), some reading is wrong or you have an external battery casing on.
>>
>>61485329
If you don't expect any important calls, just discharge it down to 10 %. If it shuts himself off because there is no battery, a calibration is needed. Btw, the iPhone battery is tiny compared to most Android phones. I get 10h Sot from a 150USD Xiaomi phone while my last IPhone never lasted that long.
>>
File: LG_Stylo_2_Plus.png (111KB, 548x558px) Image search: [Google]
LG_Stylo_2_Plus.png
111KB, 548x558px
Snapdragon 400-600 series SoCs + 1280x720 resolution displays = extremely long battery life so yeah, it's working normally. Lower the brightness to like 30-40% and you'll gain like 50% more battery life over what you're already getting.

I have an LG Stylo 2 Plus, Snapdragon 430, 1280x720 panel, I keep the brightness at about 40% (when outside I raise it because it's necesasry) and I typically get like 8.5-11 hours of SOT (that's Screen On Time) with most everything enabled (High Accuracy Location, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi at home always and 4G LTE on the go).

People are welcome to pay $700 all the want for the flagships with shitty battery life by comparison, I bought this phone for $40, removable battery (what fucking flagship does that anymore, not even LG's own does now) microSD card storage expansion (can't live without it), fucking insane battery life where I plug in like every 2.5 days.

Fuck flagships, seriously, only thing that's missing from this phone is an IR blaster and I still can't figure out why LG left it out, all their other devices seem to have one including the original Stylo and the Stylo 3 too.
>>
>>61485653
>If you don't expect any important calls, just discharge it down to 10 %. If it shuts himself off because there is no battery, a calibration is needed.
Maybe android was a mistake.

>Btw, the iPhone battery is tiny compared to most Android phones.
Maybe android wasn't a mistake.

>>61485682
Fuck flagships indeed, my iPhone 6 died on me randomly. All I got was a grey bar at the top of my screen and essentially a "fuck you" from the apple store.

You'd think they would do better quality control on $700 phones. I only paid $500 for my iPhone 6 but it's still a huge loss for me. I worked hard for that shit.
>>
>>61485724

And while this Stylo 2 Plus doesn't have a massive community behind it, just earlier today I:

- unlocked the bootloader
- flashed TWRP
- flashed a patched stock kernel to get around the encrypted file system and also flashed SuperSU
- backed up the stock Nougat ROM for MetroPCS (the carrier that sold the phone)
- wiped it all clean totally (data/internal storage/system/cache/Dalvik cache) and flashed the T-Mobile firmware instead (since I use T-Mobile)

So, the only downside at this moment is that it's got debloated stock Nougat 7.0 on it (saves me like 1.7GB of the precious space on internal storage compared to the factory firmware), rooted, ready to roll but there's no Xposed for Nougat 7.0, they just released an unofficial build for 7.1 yesterday afternoon.

But there's a ton of devices out with Android 7.0 on 'em, we're just going to be out of luck since all the development focus for Xposed is now towards 7.1.x and 8, unfortunately.

Still, for $40 this thing is quite nice, 8 cores (wish I had a custom kernel to tweak all the shit to the max, the stock/patched stock kernel from Qualcomm always leaves like 6 cores at 910 MHz, it just won't any slower. If I had the custom kernel I could just fucking disable 4 of 'em completely then ramp the remaining 4 down to 320 MHz and get EVEN BETTER BATTERY LIFE.

God dammit, shit.
>>
>>61485842
Well looks like you're doing better than me at least, I just lost $500 due to apple's massive incompetence.

Wish I would have learned about android sooner, these things are practically computers at this point. I even got a wireless mouse and keyboard to work through usb otg on my k20. Not really practical because of the small screen but still neat.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.