[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a PC that multiboots 10 different Server 2012 installs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I have a PC that multiboots 10 different Server 2012 installs. Is there an application that will allow me to boot into another install from within the current active OS? I don't want to have to go through the BIOS or a manual restart to do this.
>>
>>61481836
Virtualization?
>>
>>61481836
>I have a PC that multiboots 10 different Server 2012 installs

Repeat after me, autism. a-u-t-i-s-m
>>
>>61481853
It's a bit complicated but I can't use VMs since each Server 2012 is for testing customer setups and I need to make sure they work with connected peripherals as if it is running on-site. Virtualizing each server and doing connection sharing/pass-through on each would cause customers to reject the completed solution.
>>
>>61481910
Some of us actually work, believe it or not.
>>
>>61481936
That anon got it with virtualization, but it's not what you're thinking.
Windows can boot from vhd files and stay contained in that file while having full hardware access.
Look up vhd native boot.
>>
File: 1424069783316.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1424069783316.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>61481947
you're an incompetent retard if you think multibooting 10 OS's is the best way to do ANYTHING

Kill yourself you underage reddit faggot
>>
>>61482005
I'll give that a look, but would I still need to change the OS through the boot menu? I need to be able to remotely access the machine and change the OS remotely without anyone on-site.

I considered using the Intel Management Engine but worried about recent security issues.
>>
>>61482034
Nice projecting.
>>
>>61482049
If you're buying enterprise servers then those come with a management suite on their own. For example, HP has iLo, Dell has iDrac. Alternatively, you can buy a small kvm that hooks up to the vga and usb ports of a box and exposes it over ethernet. But all that's a separate problem from your OP.

IIRC, the native boot option adds a boot menu item with the vhd as a boot target. Search around if windows has the ability to reboot to a specific boot menu item.
>>
>>61482490
Looks live Windows 8.1 and later support restarting into another OS. I'll see if that's an option with 2012 R2 and possibly if there are any tools to help.

Thanks for your help!
>>
Download EasyBCD or the equivalent and thank me later.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.