[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Questions Thread Thread for stupid questions, since nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

File: callisto_03.jpg (50KB, 481x599px) Image search: [Google]
callisto_03.jpg
50KB, 481x599px
Stupid Questions Thread
Thread for stupid questions, since nobody can read the sticky.
Not kosher or halal, subhumans are welcome this edition to celebrate McCain's brain tumor. What a great day.
>>
>>61464792
I want to assign specific inputs to my joystick buttons but I need to assign several different inputs and i want to use the analog stick as a modifier. So for example, if I have four face buttons on the right side, each of them has their own input, but when I move the stick to the left, they become four different inputs, and again when I move it to the right, etc. etc.

Up until now I've been using joy2key but it doesn't seem to have this functionality. Does there exist a program that can do this, and if now what would be a good language to make one in?
>>
>>61464792
Why are we celebrating McCain's brain tumor? Is this thread literally cancer? What's with the Xena pics?
>>
>>61464822
Traitorous McCain's going to be drug to hell by the 60 US airforce men he had killed. First we get to see him truly suffer.
>>
Continuing from last thread.
>Can't boot into Linux Mint or Debian
>AMD GPU is the problem
>system won't load anything upon boot
>can't install/configure new drivers, since I can't boot at all
>only integrated graphics will allow me to boot successfully
Not sure what to do here. I'm using a Radeon R9 280X. Nothing I've done has worked. I can't even boot into recovery mode while the GPU is in use. I'll be back on Windows before long at this rate.
>>
>>61464792
FUCK OFF >>>/pol/
>>
>>61465297
Callisto OP is clearly doing the shittiest job possible job as OP, just to strengthen the argument that /sqt/ needs to go.
>>
where can I get a copy of photo shop 2015
>>
So if I want to dualboot from two hard drives do I just install the other OS onto the other harddrive and then boot from it?
>>
What are the amps I see in /hpg/ used for and how do you know which of them are good/bad
>>
>>61466120
pretty much, just make sure grub +os prober is on whichever drive is designated in bios as the first one
>>
>>61466194
Cool. Another question I have is, is it possible to turn off a drive while I am running the OS in the other drive? I would rather not have it on and spinning making it more likely to fail.
>>
>>61466233
not unless you invest in hot swap bays, but I think all os's these days, don't spin up extra drives unless they're mounted
>>
>>61466256
Ah okay. Will it automatically mount the other drive that has the other OS? Or can I set it to not mount it?
>>
>>61466302
it shouldn't mount the drive unless you access said drive
>>
>>61466334
Okay cool, thanks for the answers anon.
>>
>>61464821
actually it can do this. if you add a virtual joystick for each modifier you want, you can set each direction on the stick to switch to the controls for that joystick, essentially allowing you to do the same thing. and it even returns back to the controls for the first joystick when you aren't holding the joystick in any direction. neat.
>>
How the fuck do I screw this 1/5" long, 1/8" wide screw through a hole and into the SSD in an inch of space? I can't even hold the fucking thing in my fingers to turn it, it's so small. Am I missing something or is this terrible design?
>>
I have windows server 2016, should I install it in favor of windows 7?
>>
>>61466645
Magnetic screwdriver
>>
How accurate can you make the android gps? My research suggests around +- 10 meters, but I need something better for my app. Preferably within a foot. Is there any other technology that can do this on Android (or iOS for that matter)?
>>
EE or CS
>>
File: 1419366590991.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1419366590991.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
>>61464792
Good song player? I heard foobar is a botnet but I'm not sure.
>>
>>61466839
Everything is a botnet. Especially 4chan.
>>
>>61466831
Do you like programming? SE
Do you like more low level and/or circuits? EE

>>61466775
I don't know how you could do this with one device. However, you could use multiple GPS devices along with inertial sensors to allow for higher resolution position tracking.
>>
>>61464792
Why new xena is fake blonde?
>>
>>61466881
As in each user of the app would have to have multiple devices connected to use it?
>>
>>61466839
Audacious.
>>
>>61466839
DeaDBeef
ncmpcpp
>>
>>61466934
Pretty much. You would have to have some external device other than the phone.
>>
>>61466993
Yeah it seems unlikely that users would want to do that for one app. I hope I can find some way to make this work though (basically I just want a way to see what location the user is pointing at, +-1 foot)
>>
>>61466993
Just doing a quick lookup on amazon, you can get a little GPS device for $7, but you would need a good number (8 seems reasonable) to make it more accurate than the 10m you mention. So like $60 for an external unit to collect some position data, then you still need to do some signal processing to make it more accurate.
>>
>>61466993
I was thinking maybe an average of multiple polls of the same device would work?
>>
File: precision_accuracy.png (162KB, 2040x1363px) Image search: [Google]
precision_accuracy.png
162KB, 2040x1363px
>>61467087
Pic related.
>>
>>61467158
Yes I understand this concept. Which one of these describes a gps?
>>
>>61467176
If you record many values, you can easily average and find a precise value. However, without multiple units to measure with, you might have a persistent error (specific to your single GPS) that shifts all your measurements by some amount.
>>
>>61467258
Yeah, I guess I will try to do some testing on this, and hope that gps' are generally imprecise rather than inaccurate. Or maybe just try to find another technology, although I'm not aware of anything else that would work (range should be 100 feet at the very least, which rules out bluetooth)
>>
Whenever I opened a video file, the computer would look like it freezes for 2 seconds before responding again. I uninstalled my graphics drivers and reinstalled them and that fixed it. My question is, is that normal to happen every once in awhile? Anything I should be worried about with my graphics card? Or just driver update gone bad?
>>
File: 1500405307136.jpg (29KB, 518x478px) Image search: [Google]
1500405307136.jpg
29KB, 518x478px
I've got an auxiliary cable plugged into the headphone jack on one end and the microphone jack on the other to record audio from my pc, but it's making a faint squealing noise in the recording. The audio is there, but the squealing is mildly annoying. Help.
>>
>>61466839
winamp
>>
>>61467297
What sort of positioning do you need exactly? what sort of specifications do you need to do this?
>>
>>61467349
I want relative locations of other nearby users of the app, without any extra equipment. I want +-1 foot accuracy, and the range should be at least 100 feet. Cross platform is nice, but not necessary.
Does that answer your question, or did you mean something else by specifications?
>>
>>61467404
Yea, that's what I meant. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that could satisfy that. Good luck with your project, sounds interesting.
>>
>>61467326
>not using S/PDIF
Assuming that you've got the jacks set to line level on both ends, that's either power supply noise or ground loop noise. To stop ground loop noise, you need to break the ground loop. You can do this by shearing through all the shielding but not the signal wires on your audio cable. If it's power supply noise, you'd need outboard audio interfaces to fix that, or to go digital.
>>
>>61467444
Ok thank you very much, have a good night. The average idea was very good, I think it has a lot of promise.
>>
>>61467326
Does it show up if you do a FFT?
>>
>>61467447
I only know what about 1/3 of this means, but now I have stuff too google whereas I didn't even know how to phrase the google search previously. Thank you.
>>
>>61467487
If you open the audio file in audacity and you plot spectrum (Analyze -> Plot spectrum), you might be able to specifically filter out that noise (Effect -> Notch filter).
>>
>>61466976
>ncmpcpp
>Linux only
Is there a program that is similar on windows 7?
>>
>>61467599
windows media player
>>
What does BurnFree do in xfburn? Does it finalize the disc so you can't write on it anymore? What about stream recording?
>>
>>61467883
BurnFree (Buffer-Underrun-Free) commands the drive to handle buffer underruns gracefully so that the burn can continue and the resulting disc is still readable.
>>
Two questions.

Does that amazon prime free trial exploit still work with throwaway accounts?

If I type in all caps, is there a way to highlight the whole phrase and press a button to make them lower case?
>>
anyone know a way to organize youtube subscriptions into folders?
>>
is it possible to create a bot to post pre-written responses on 4chan? Assuming it it monitored by an anon all day, what could i reply to it to let me know that it is a bot? is that even possible??
>>
>>61468194
Most 4chan posters don't pass the Turing Test anyway.
>>
I'm looking for a wifi extender or booster.
I have an old house from the 1930s so my router is across the house, in the basement and that's just not gonna work for us.

I've looked around but was always curious if /g/ had a preference or something NOT to get at least?
>>
File: 1499970260761.jpg (305KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1499970260761.jpg
305KB, 1080x1920px
>>61468055
Alright, thanks man.
>>
>I heard foobar is a botnet
[citation needed]
>>
>>61468346
Fuck I keep making posts withouth quoting. How do I stop this?
>>
>>61468346
You want a citation that anon heard something?
>>
In excel, how do you delete thousands of empty rows to make the scrolling bar bigger?

Got a sheet with some 150 rows but accidentally pressed ctrl + down so now the scrolling bar is super tiny because of displaying 100k rows.
>>
>>61468358
Click the post ID?
>>
>>61468536
I was thinking something more like a script that'd let me know my post doesn't have a quote.
>>
>>61464792
>armor on shsoulders
>no armor on belly
>>
File: riser.png (96KB, 1042x412px) Image search: [Google]
riser.png
96KB, 1042x412px
>>61468321
May I suggest

>>61468516
Does Shift+click work to select a range from where you last clicked?
>>
>>61468661
Have tried selecting all the empty rows and delete but they refuse to go away.
>>
File: MAXIMUMOVERDRIVE.png (35KB, 745x665px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUMOVERDRIVE.png
35KB, 745x665px
So, pic related is my (apparent) PSU usage at max load and at idle. could I reliably run a smaller, low power Mini-ITX linux box off the same power supply? its a Corsair HX850. keep in mind I usually wouldnt be running both systems at the same time (one or the other would get put to sleep), but I would like to use one PSU just for simplicity's sake.
>>
File: 12-987-009-01.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
12-987-009-01.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>61468924
>>
does tor clear your cookies every time you restart or something i cant visit sadpanda

how do i fix this
>>
>>61469099
Yes it should be, If not install a cookie destroyer addon.
>>
I'm used to using an IDE so I'm branching out to using a text editor.

How much shit wrangling would I have to do to get C++ and OpenGL working in atom? I setup C++ fine on it, but I don't know how I'd add dependencies like OpenGL. For my build system I'm using tdm-gcc which is a suite combining gcc and mingw
>>
what antivirus should i get? i'm tired of AVG and it freezes soulseek
>>
>>61469393
You shouldn't have to worry about a antivirus if you've got Gentoo :^)
>>
File: 1439893935743.png (84KB, 263x275px) Image search: [Google]
1439893935743.png
84KB, 263x275px
>>61469399
no thanks, i'd rather conserve my sanity
>>
>DHCP enabled
>resetting the router doesn't reset IP address nor does ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew
Why? Am I maybe not doing it long enough?
>>
fucking shot in the dark

so i have this mystery hdmi cable that basically only works on my ps4 but not on my laptop

on the other end is a samsung tv

hdmi port on my laptop is functional and can connect to this tv with another cable

been scratching my head for a week now. wtf is going on
>>
>>61469491
You dhcp server is thoughtful enough to remember your last lease and give you the same ip
>>
File: Info53.png (128KB, 1446x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Info53.png
128KB, 1446x1165px
>>
>>61469674
this was just a test post disregard it
>>
>>61469680
thanks, it would have answered some stupid questions I had a few hours ago
>>
>>61469686
no problem lad
>>
>>61467404
make an ad-hoc wifi network, use latency to guess distance
>>
>>61469674

what is this part of computer-ing called? I always see them talking about improving anime videos quality and shit and its look cool

where do i get started?

afaik its about using ffmpeg to convert raw video into a better video
>>
>>61466913
Not new Xena, that's Callisto from the original Xena. Good thing you're in the right thread.
>>
>>61469872
video encoding
>>
File: 1500395247011.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500395247011.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
There is a Twitter and Facebook user id that is unique and stays the same even is the user changes profile name but... is there also an unique user id for Instagram accounts? if so does anybody know how to find it?
>>
I'm helping my gaymer bro out with his PC upgrades, and he wants the Windows on the new SSD instead of the HDD. Can I just clone the drive or is it better to just do a fresh OS reinstall
>>
>>61470132
shrink it to fit and just clone it over
>>
>>61464792
why didnt you put /sqt/ in the name of this thread? I just made a new one because I thought there wasnt any
>>
I get DNS can not be reached with a limited connexion intermittently. It's been going on for a couple of years. In the meantime I changed EVERY FUCKING THING PC, router, cable, ISP EVERY FUCKING TWEAK EEE green ethernet and all that shit disabled, it is doing it in wifi too anyway. It only does it when I browse the internet, but never when I fap for a reason, it's been so long I'd have seen a trend if it happened, and never when I play games.
I tried everything, I've been recurrently looking for a solution to this problem and applied hundreds of "fixes" and I changed my whole goddamn hardware anyway. Still I intermittently and randomly get these event 1014 DNS bullshit and the webpage doesn't load, ethernet becomes limited for a minute or so and then it goes on again.

Should I just live with it? I feel like I'm way too deep to quit now.
>>
>>61469509
It might be the rating.
>>
>>61466745
If you're asking if they're both compatible, then yes. Dont use a server OS for your personal OS tho
>>61469509
check if input source is set on HDMI and not Auto on your TV
>>61470235
If you're on windows, try setting your DNS to obtain automatically in the network center
>>
just switched to mpc from vlc
is there a way to make mpc have those options vlc does when you right click a file in windows (like 'add to playlist' etc)?
>>
>>61470163
if I were to just fresh install, would the existing windows on the HDD cause problems after I replug it in?
>>
>>61470285
I tried every fucking thing, anon. I doubt anybody makes a suggestion I have not tried yet.
>>
>>61470604
Log into your router, pick any wifi channel and set broadcast signal to G (not b/g/n or any other crap, just G). Now go to your network settings in windows, change adapter settings and disable IPv6 everywhere. Next you go to your Wifi properties and hit configure, change it to the same channel and broadcast signal as on your router
>>
>>61470578
no, It'll just get archived as Windows.old
>>
>>61470680
I don't use wifi, it's an ethernet problem. Though I did get a wifi dongle once to check and it was doing the same as ethernet.
>>
>>61470727
disable IPv6 anyway
>>
>>61470819
I'm pretty sure I did this for a time and it didn't solve the problem. I'm not sure so I'm going to disable it again for a time for testing. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>61468227
Most 4chan posters pass the Tourettes Test anyway.
>>
Why does clicking link to nuther board from [catalog] go to [return] instead of [catalog] now, and how do we force Anonymous##dev to fix it?
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.