[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend is learning JavaScript as her first language. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Friend is learning JavaScript as her first language. Should I stop her?
>>
>>61417930
>her
Makes sense
>>
>>61417930
she will have a higher paying job than all of us in 3 months
>>
>>61417930
Friends don't let friends learn Javascript.
>>
She should learn ruby instead
>>
>>61417939
>>61418598
Yes, she should learn C like a normal person

>>61418498
This, JS is completely fine for a newbie
>>
>>61418498
gotta love diversity quotas
>>
As long as she learns the current version and not the fucked up ES5 version she's ok. It's basically the same shit as everything else.
>>
no, however teach her to do the

"use strict" at the start of her code

what this does is prevents undeclared variables from Working

because for some reason Javascripts thinks that if you mistyped a variable, it's better to create a new global one instead of telling you about it
>>
File: cbb.jpg (60KB, 680x818px) Image search: [Google]
cbb.jpg
60KB, 680x818px
>>61417930
>Her

Do this >>61418937 OP
>>
>>61417930
I make 80k and primarily use javascript and ruby, don't listen to /g/ for everything
>>
>>61419454
But then you're using JS and Ruby
>>
>>61417930
should fuck her
>>
>>61419454
>muh money

Not everything in life is money.

I would rather make a 1/4 of that doing embedded systems and keep my dignity.
>>
>>61417930

Nope. Marry her.
>>
JS is fine as a first language.
Have her read Eloquent JS and tell her to setup ESLint with sane configuration (airbnb for example)
Then cry yourself to sleep because she'll fuck Chad instead of you
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.