[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are NVMe heatsinks a meme? I currently have 2x980Ti's and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Are NVMe heatsinks a meme?

I currently have 2x980Ti's and in the middle an m.2 which jumps to literally 75c when the GPUs are on full load.

Should I get this?
>>
>>61415571
There's $10 copper ones on eBay that probably work better than that aluminum thing.
>>
>>61415587
EK is legit tho.

Also got a link for the ebay one? Probably needs to be low profile tho, space is tight on this mATX board :^)
>>
>>61415571
As long as your SSD isn't handling massive amount of data at once and doesn't go above 90 Celsius you really don't need one
>>
Just get those mini heatsink and thermal glue kits they sell for Ras Pis
>>
>>61415826
OP here
OP heatsink is like $10....
>>
>>61415886
If you have the dosh laying around then go for it. I doubt that it will make it any worse.
>>
>>61415931
Thanks will try <3
>>
friend, it will almost certainly make it worse. the heatsink is going to suckup all the heat from those GPUs and reduce the already poor cooling of the m.2

figure out a way of getting cool air circulating within the gap between the gpus.
>>
>>61416486
u sure?
There is already a fan hitting the 2 GPUs and the NVME I was thinking if it hits the heatsink it will cool it down?
>>
>>61416486
>the heatsink is going to suckup all the heat from those GPUs and reduce the already poor cooling of the m.2
that's not how dissipation works.
>>
>>61416568
>>61416609

The heatsink is just going to soak up the surrounding heat from the GPUs and reduce the heat dissipation from the m.2 itself.

That being said, i cant imagine 70-80c is outside the design specifications for these things. I really wouldnt bother
>>
>>61416709
The problem is this NVME is not even being used, it's idle with these temps.
>>
>>61415602
>EK is legit tho.
A brandname doesn't suddenly make aluminium to copper.

You're literally paying for a name. Don't be stupid, get the cheap copper heatsink.
>>
>>61416865
The cheap ones are ugly.
>>
>>61416709
>The heatsink is just going to soak up the surrounding heat from the GPUs and reduce the heat dissipation from the m.2 itself.

No, as long as there's a hint of airflow (and you're using thermal paste or pads) over the heatsink from the case fans, the temperatures will be lower.
OP should consider having a high-airflow fan running a little faster than the others aimed towards that area. Or even a side-mounted case fan (if those are still a thing, not sure which chassis OP has).
>>
>>61416945
>i care about what a piece of hardware inside my computer that i'll never see looks like

normies get off my board REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61415571
They are a meme.
Also, just send me one of those GPUs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.