[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized the only way to mount my psu is underside down.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: nixless.jpg (78KB, 1128x770px) Image search: [Google]
nixless.jpg
78KB, 1128x770px
I just realized the only way to mount my psu is underside down.

Will the upside down electricity negatively affect my hardware? Is it safe?

Pic related
>>
>>61400250
All the electrons are going to fall out.
>>
>>61400250
It might be OK if you are able to put the rest of the hardware in upside down as well. This way it won't waste any energy by needing to flip the electricity right side up again when it goes to your components.
>>
Just move to Australia.
>>
>underside down.
>underside
>down
>>
>>61400263
This. You need to mount it right side up while holding your tongue at the right angle.
>>
You're going to flip the polarity man
>>
>>61400250
Mounting it fan side pointing up is harmless. It will run a little hotter because it sucks warm air from case instead of fresh from bottom intake. Also it will collect more dust. These aren't an issue if you are using good case with decent airflow and filters and your PSU ain't chinese housefire model.
>>
>pic related
I would mount that psu too
>>
>>61400250
In the northern hemisphere, closer to the north pole, gravity will pull on the negative ionics in the electricity. You can expect slightly more negative search results on Google, and bullet drop (in games that have it) will be slightly more pronounced. In you are nearer to the south pole, you can expect more crocodiles and tarantulas.

The best thing to do is live very close to the equator, where gravitationalization has negligible effect on the ionics of the power supply.
>>
>>61400250
Just flip your case upside down
>>
>>61400263
can confirm
>lost all my electrons
>>
>>61400250
More pics please
>>
>>61400250
The electricity will fall out like invisible lead soup.
>>
Depending on how it's built, the electrons can't even exit the PSU or if you hang it over your motherboard, the electrons will fall accelerated by gravity which causes an overvoltage. Enjoy your roasted mainboard.
>>
If you're worried about it, just flip your case, ya idiot.
>>
>>61400690
This tripfag knows his shit
>>
>>61400640
>her
>>
>>61401000
this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.