[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sure it's just music now but here is what will change the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: inlskdjflsidjfdex.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
inlskdjflsidjfdex.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Sure it's just music now but here is what will change the game:

>music
>television
>movies
>audiobooks

If youtube red provides music, tv, movies, and audiobooks for $10-$20 a month everybody will flock to it and youtube will become the new television. Netflix and hulu and amazon shit stick will be kill
>>
>>61398492
Honestly all online media platforms are stale at this point.

Adding content that people can get from an Amazon Prime subscription wont really improve Red.
>>
File: 1500167906226.jpg (101KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
1500167906226.jpg
101KB, 800x445px
>>61398517
the problem with web television is that there has been one unanimous winner that has all the shows that sets the standard. this is in part because real television is not dead yet. But once real television dies the owners will go "oh fuck if we don't dish out this old footage on the web we wont make any more money durr"

and so then they will have to put it all online. But now the shows are basically split between amazon shit stick, hulu, and netflix. No one platform has got them all. yet other stations fuck around like adult swim just puts their shit on adultswim.com like idiots.

So basically rite when google does this everybody gonna fall in line and there gonna be internet tv and I can finally get caught up on shows I am way behind on like legend of korra and game of thrones and harry potter.
>>
The playlist selection algorithm for youtube is garbage in my experience.

It's not going to kill anything.
>>
>>61398551
And what makes you think Google would/could get EVERYTHING licensed?
>>
>>61398492
Yep, except Netflix already signed a bunch of agreements with Jewish studio heads to license content, and they produce their own content so will be hard to compete with that.

Their HD CDN is also much better than Youtube/Jewggle. Netflix also hired away all the best CDN people, so they have a leg up there.
>>
>>61398492
>it's just music now

What?

YouTube Red removes all ads from YouTube, allows background playing of any video on mobile, and provides like a dozen original series

It's all shit and you can replicate the functionality with some fdroid shit but I get it for free with Google play music so yaknow
>>
>>61398551
Google Chromecast though.

Literally every normie I knows uses their phone to browse content and stream it to their TV with Chromecast.
>>
>>61398492
Google can't afford to give all of that away for $20 a month,
Netflix is struggling with just movies and TV
YT would have to deal with moderation of user content, paying for licenses AND bandwidth plus lots of little misc shit

>>61398864
>allows background playing of any video on mobile
oh, you mean the shit we used to be able to do for free until google fucked us

>and provides like a dozen original series
5% of which aren't shite
>>
>>61399972
>Google can't afford to give all of that away for $20 a month,
The monetary value of almost all media has been on the decline for a long time now, people are not willing to pay for what they can get for free, and I don't mean copyright violation, there's more than enough people producing content for free now to satiate a lot of people, it's much easier to connect with people as well so instead of wasting time watching something people are talking with one another.

This is obviously anecdotal but I think like 40% of my music library consist of free tracks from bandcamp, soundcloud, etc., most of the video content I watch is either just documenting reality/news (stuff like liveleak), and free video content that people put out (reviews, dumb comedy skit shit, amateur film makers, etc.).

Most of the kids/teens I know spend all their time watching let's plays and vlogs, most people in their 20's-30's I know spend all their time on twitter and facebook. The amount of people that I know that watch television or paid movies regularly are lower than those that do in my sect of people.

I don't even think this is a pricing thing either, it really does just seem like intrinsic value, there's more things to do today than just sit around watching content, and people value doing those things more.
>>
I like google music and the YouTube extras are a nice bonus
>>
File: 1500176002362.jpg (2KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
1500176002362.jpg
2KB, 108x125px
>>61400082
we may one day be able to entertain ourselves entirely without the need for corporate media
>>
File: pervert - Copy.jpg (122KB, 827x720px) Image search: [Google]
pervert - Copy.jpg
122KB, 827x720px
>>61400745
I'm most of the way there already.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.